What are you currently playing?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby Celeith » Fri Jun 24, '11, 12:32 am

If I could ever find my HDMI cable I could enjoy Alice: Madness Returns alot better on my 720p TV.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Lucas » Fri Jun 24, '11, 10:13 am

Have you encounter any of the glitches yet Kaloes. I've seen a few, some more annoying than others. But the game itself is pretty awesome.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Celeith » Sat Jun 25, '11, 8:29 am

Haven't really had any problem with the game so far, I know of the pepper shaker glitch, but that hasn't happened to me yet. Hopefully I'll get lucky and have that super rare disc that doesn't glitch lol.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Tue Jul 12, '11, 9:09 am

I finished off Enchanted Arms yesterday, finally. It's got one of those long optional dungeons, but not post-game or super-long like most others. I did most of that to gain some levels, which added quite a bit of play time. But it's finally wrapped up and off my list.

I've also been playing Torchlight lately (bought it on a Steam sale last week). It's pretty fun, for a pure dungeon crawler. It's essentially the same kind of gameplay as Diablo, but with a bit less story (not that Diablo had much either). I finished the main quest of that tonight, but I may play it again with a different character class. I'll probably give it a rest for a while.

The next game I start will probably be either Alpha Protocol or Bionic Commando, other purchases I made during that Steam sale.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Sun Jul 17, '11, 3:15 am

Playing HyperDimensions Neptunia again. I recently purchased a new DLC character called 5pb (She is named after the Japanese game company 5pb.Games) there was three others to get as well, but they all seemed rather bland in my opinion, so I never got them.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Thu Jul 21, '11, 12:32 am

So, Bionic Commando was a bit of a bust. It refuses to recognize my Xbox 360 controller for some reason. The mouse and keyboard controls are clumsy and laggy at an understatement. I can play it, but it's not a lot of fun in the current shape. Might have to wait until I can get better video card (and power supply) to continue that one.

Alpha Protocol works better, so I started on that instead. I've made decent progress, getting past the tutorials and first group of missions. It makes my fan cycle up to a high speed sometimes, so my processor must be getting hot at times. I just have to play it in relatively short bursts.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Jul 21, '11, 5:18 am

Just started No More Heroes 2. I got it over a year ago, but never played it, probably because I got it with a couple other games. But now I'm playing it...and it's quite fun. Core gameplay similar to the first NMH, but there's a lot of differences with the side missions in this game. Main one is that they're all done in retro style. It really keeps things fun as it mixes up gameplay a lot.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby tilinelson2 » Wed Jul 27, '11, 1:28 am

Just put Final Fantasy XIII to test my brand-new PS3 and was blown away by the graphics. And, obviously, fell in love with Lightning because she is like one of my PS sweethearts (Anna) :D
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Thoul » Mon Aug 8, '11, 8:21 pm

I received the new Captain America game for the 360 as a birthday present, so I spent some time playing that the following weekend. It plays a lot like Batman: Arkham Asylum, but feels shorter. I was able to easily finish it during the one weekend.

Since then, I've been trying out some of the games in the Humble Indie Bundle. Cortex Command is... not good. The size of the game window is so tiny I can just barely read the text and the resolution option doesn't work. I haven't looked for any patches or fixes yet, though. Crayon Physics was a nice experiment at first, but suffered from a lot of repetitiveness.

The other games I've tried have been better. Machinarium is a nice point and click adventure. Fairly short, too. I started it Friday or Saturday and finished today. VVVVVV is a very retro styled platformer with a simple mechanic used to a surprising depth. It can be quite difficult in places, reminding me of some NES games in the same genre. Osmos is fun; occasionally frustrating with the controls, but that's part of it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Atolm » Tue Aug 9, '11, 9:03 pm

I am currently right now playing PS4. I took a long trip and that game was just perfect to play on the many hours on a airplane. It was very relaxing and I wore some headphones to drown out the crying baby behind me. xD

That said, I am eagerly awaiting the new Elder Scrolls game.
Dark Force: This is the best chocolate cupcake EVAR! *stuffs face*
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming