What are you currently playing?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby Lucas » Thu Apr 14, '11, 8:49 am

Currently up to the very last level on Yoshi's Island DS. The game has grown on me and I have enjoyed it quite a bit. I must say though, World 5 (the last world) has some really hard stages in it, some parts are almost ridiculous. I'm kinda sad a few awesome transformations such as the Yoshi Car and stuff never appeared back over from the SNES game. Meh, oh well I suppose I should try finish the game now.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Tue Apr 26, '11, 11:16 am

I just finished Metroid Prime 2, finally. Now I'm going to move on to Metroid Prime 3. I played a little of it before, but I think I'll restart it. I know I missed something early on, though I don't remember what it was exactly.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby hugues » Sun May 1, '11, 4:19 am

I just finished Ys I&II Chronicles on the PSP and am trying to decide what to start next... Ys III on PSP, the latest Legend of Heroes game, or going back to try an old Genesis RPG I never played.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Lucas » Sun May 1, '11, 5:24 am

I've been playing Hyperdimension Neptunia again for my PS3. The grinding is getting on my nerves a bit but I’m still gonna try push through and beat the game. I also want to get the goddess Black Heart unlocked as well.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Thoul » Sat May 14, '11, 11:44 pm

I finished off Metroid Prime 3 last night, so now I'm done with that series. I'm debating whether I should play Okami or Wild Arms Alter Code F next. If I do Okami, I'll probably restart from the beginning. But if I go with Wild Arms, I just need to finish off the last dungeon (which I reached about two years ago) to move on to Wild Arms 4 and 5... hmm....
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby tilinelson2 » Sun May 15, '11, 5:48 pm

Started Lunar Silver Star Harmony, for PSP. The remake is really good, with improved graphics, sound etc. I've heard nostalgic people claiming the SSS Complete version from PSx was better, but I can't see why. The remake has gorgeous graphics and much improved sound.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Thoul » Wed May 18, '11, 2:02 am

So, instead of those games I mentioned last time, I decided to try some of my old PlayStation 2 backlog. First up was Oni. I really didn't like the control scheme in that one, so it went back on the shelf very quickly. Then I tried Unlimited Saga. I had some issues with the level design in that one (no saving before bosses = bad idea), so I put it aside as well. I might return to it at some point.

I finally settled on playing Evergrace, an action RPG that dates back to the PS2's launch. So far, it's pretty good. The battle system is kind of like Zelda, with characters upgraded by finding different equipment and armor. The graphics are pretty good for a title that's 11 years old now, too.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed May 18, '11, 3:45 pm

I need to get back into Metroid Prime 2. I've got a good backlogs of games to play. I still haven't played No More Heroes 2 either. Me being a big Lord of the Rings fan, I had gotten a hold of the Wii version of Aragorn's Quest a while back, and I enjoyed that (though it was way too easy, but still fun.) I also finished replaying the first three Spyro games.

I guess sooner or later I'll get back into MP2 or maybe give NMH 2 a shot.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lucas » Sun Jun 19, '11, 2:14 am

Alice: Madness Returns for my PS3. I’ve only played like two hours of it though. Must say it's quite disturbing in some parts. It's a cross between hack and slash gameplay, platforming, puzzles and exploration, all with a twisted theme.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Thoul » Thu Jun 23, '11, 7:20 pm

I got distracted from the PS2 by my 360. I bought a VGA cable so I can connect it to my computer monitor. The picture is so much clearer than it was on my CRT TV that it's like playing completely different games. So now I've got an itch to replay most of my 360 games again. I've gone through Batman: Arkham Asylum already and now I'm working on Enchanted Arms, one of the earliest RPGs for the 360.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming