Phantasy Star Story (CYOA)

Adventures in board based gaming.

Re: Phantasy Star Story (CYOA)

Postby Srijita » Tue Apr 14, '09, 9:44 pm

Great, they've arrived in Krup. Option (C) gets my vote; Sinah ought to check in with his friends and Hahn before he gains a reputation for being a perpetual loafer. :wink:
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Apr 15, '09, 11:39 am

Sinah smiled with relief. They could have at least woken me up, he thought to himself as he sheathed his weapon. He stepped outside, smiling to himself. This is where he would train in the meantime.

He left the landrover deciding it would be wise to find his allies. Just as he got at the gate of the town he heard someone's voice. "Hey! We're over here!" Sinah turned around to be greeted by Vince, Ben, and Nikki. "I'm coming," Sinah said smiling. And with that, he went on towards his allies.

"So, why didn't anyone wake me when we arrived?" Sinah questioned. Vince put a smile on his face as he replied, "You just looked so cute sleeping that we'd thought we'd leave you be." Sinah laughed, "Sometimes I wonder why I even hang around you." "Because otherwise you'd have no friends and be a loner." Sinah smiled as he punched Vince in the face.

"So that's the way it's gonna be huh?" Vincent said as he came swinging back with a left. Nikki started to yell at them, "Stop it you two! Don't fight!" The two continued on. "Leave them be Nikki," Ben said, "They aren't going all out. Just think of it as playing." "Yeah. But Sinah has those injuries and-" "He'll be fine."

"It's really lively out here isn't it?" A feminine voice said. "Well, I guess that's how it is with new hunter's now-a-days isn't it?" Vince and Sinah stopped and looked at the keeper of the voice. "Come on Rika. I'm sure they're all not like that," Chaz said as he stood next to the Numan.

Vince cut in as he let go of Sinah's shirt, "Hey Chaz, who's the babe with the horns?" Rika walked up to Vince and slapped him, "I'll have you know that these aren't horns! They're ears!" Chaz laughed, "Rika! You sure are acting childish right now you know. Besides, that's not like you at all!" "Sorry Chaz. I just thought it looked fun and I wanted to try."

"Who would have thought you could hear those words coming from someone who was born into a world of fighting," Hahn said as he arrived from behind. "So, Mr.Advance, are you ready for some training?"
------

You know the drill! (Also it's 4:40am and I couldn't think of better answers. Sorry)
A - "Yes I am!"
B - "Can a guy eat something first?"
C - "Ummm.... no."
D - "Do I have to?"
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Wed Apr 15, '09, 5:39 pm

B - If he's slept that, long he's probably hungry.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Srijita » Wed Apr 15, '09, 9:19 pm

Atlinsmere wrote:Also it's 4:40am and I couldn't think of better answers. Sorry)

The story is evolving in an interesting way and I'm enjoying it immensely. I was going to vote "A", lest Sinah gain a reputation for doing nothing but eating and sleeping, but I daresay Thoul's right. Serious training might be difficult on an empty stomach. "B" it is.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Apr 20, '09, 3:40 am

I updated the intro on the first page. Expect more changes in the future. =P
===================

"Can a guy eat something first?" Sinah said patting his stomach. A small chuckle came from Hahn. "Alright. I understand how that it is. This will be the perfect opportunity for you to meet my wife Saya." Sinah gave a smile, "Alright! I've been waiting for a chance to meet her. After all, you sure talk about her a lot!" Gryz joined in the conversation, "That's because she's the only woman in all of Algo who date such a guy." "Hey!" Everybody laughed.

---
[EDIT] See next post. =P
Last edited by Atlinsmere on Wed May 13, '09, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atlinsmere

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed May 13, '09, 7:14 pm

I think I defeated my writer's =P
=============================

"Our house is just up ahead," Hahn said with a huge smile on his face. The group walked forward along the streets of Krup, finally coming up to a fairly large sized house. "You live in here?" Hahn nodded and added, "Yes. Back when me and Saya were engaged. No. Before me and Saya were engaged, she turned her home into a school for children."

"So than you are saying that, this isn't really your home but Saya's, and she felt sorry for you, got engaged to you, and let you move in," Sinah said with a smirk on his face. "That's exac- hey!" Hahn said giving Sinah a sharp look. "Why does everyone always pick on me?" "Because it's easy," Gryz added.

"Well shall we?" Hahn said opening the door." The group started to go inside, the only one's who remained were Hahn and Chaz, "You coming?" "I'll catch up afterwards. I have something else I want to do first." "I understand Chaz. Don't stay too long okay?" Chaz nodded and was off.

---

"So this is your disciple?" Saya said while looking at Sinah in an odd way. "Is there something on my face?" Saya smirked, "No. But straight up answers like that might get you in trouble one day." Sinah smiled back, "Thank you Saya. You've already taught me more than Hahn. Maybe I should be your disciple instead." Saya laughed, "I like this kid. Reminds me of you when you were young Hahn."

Vince spoke up, "You used to be like Sinah? Ha! I feel sorry for your parents." Hahn kinda looked at Vince and said in a low voice, "You're the only one." Vince laughed. "So, when do we eat?" Sinah broke in.

---

Dinner time arrived, and everyone was sitting around. Sinah and Vince were off to the side, talking about what kind of adventures they would have when they were older while Nikki would walk by and say to them "You guys are such boys." Which, Sinah or Vince would reply with, "We are aren't we?"

Gryz, Hahn, Saya, and Rika sat at the table talking amongst each other. The only one who wasn't really enjoying themselves was Ben. He looked a little uneasy. Finally, he made his way over to the table with Gryz and co. and ask, "Anyone know where Chaz is? He's been gone awhile." "Oh, he's probably still at the grave," Hahn said. "The grave?" "Yes. You see, when his mentor died, she was buried here in Krup. Because of his duties of being a hunter, he can't visit her grave as much as he wants to." Ben nodded, "I see." With that he made his way over to Sinah and co.

"Hey guys, mind if I ask you something?" Ben said. "Vince looked at Ben and smiled, "You didn't really give a choice now did you?" Sinah laughed almost immediately. Ben ignored the humor and continued, "Well if you're going to be like that I'll just go ahead. Anyway want to accompany me while I go check up on Chaz? He's been gone awhile and I want to know what's up."

-----------
What to do... What to do...
A - Accompany him. See what's up with Chaz.
B - Don't join. Chaz is a big boy. He can handle himself.
C - Tell Hahn and co. of Ben's concern.
D - Drop the whole matter and finish eating lunch.
Atlinsmere

Postby Thoul » Wed May 13, '09, 7:57 pm

A. Who knows, maybe Chaz has gotten himself into a spot of trouble and needs a little back up.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri May 15, '09, 8:05 am

"Come to think of it, he has been gone awhile.," Vince said. Sinah gave a nod and Nikki just watched the boys talk. "Well, how about it?" Sinah and Vince looked at each other. Sinah just raised his eyebrow slightly and Vince nodded. "Yes, we're in."

"I don't think Sinah should go," Nikki spoke up. "Why not? He's proven quite a bit already that he's more than able to handle himself," Ben replied. "Well, just look at all his injuries. How's he going to get hurt this time? Is his hand going to get cut off or something?" Sinah looked at Nikki and said, "Better my hand than my pride." With that he walked away, off to fetch his equipment. "Don't worry about him Nikki, he can be like that sometimes. Try not to let it get to you," Vince said as he followed Sinah.

Finally Ben asked Nikki again, "Well, you coming?"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Well, let me say that Nikki choice will affect the story outcome on whether she joins or not. I have three stories in my head for the next part. Depending on the answer, so choose wisely fans.

Should Nikki go?
A - Yes, the more the merrier.
B - Yes, To Protect Sinah!
C - No, Someone ought to keep the legendary heroes busy
D - No, It's a rather pointless task.
Atlinsmere

Postby Thoul » Fri May 15, '09, 6:04 pm

I'll go with B, though I have a feeling she wouldn't say "protect" as much as "making sure he doesn't do something stupid."
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri May 15, '09, 9:18 pm

Thoul wrote:I'll go with B, though I have a feeling she wouldn't say "protect" as much as "making sure he doesn't do something stupid."

You know Nikki all too well Thoul. :D And yeah, I was half asleep when I typed that up last night. Don't worry though, I make all changes appropriate when actual storytime comes along. =P
Atlinsmere

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay