Phantasy Star Story (CYOA)

Adventures in board based gaming.

Re: Phantasy Star Story (CYOA)

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Aug 6, '09, 9:17 am

Sinah jumped behind a wall to catch his breathe. It was starting to hurt everytime he drew a breathe. "Damn." Was all he could say as he began to examine his options.

He then thought of Nikki. He had to go back for her. But he would take a different route.He turned around to go around to the other side of the wall when he came face to face with Saya. "Now. Now. Shall we go back home and rest up?" She said with a smile on her face. "How about, umm, no." He dashed off in the other direction.

WHAM!

He tripped on something, looking back he saw a wire. "What the-?" Sinah said as he looked at Saya again. "Now, as I said, shall we go back home?"

----------------

It isn't the best but it's something. I'm trying to force my writer's block away. Well, you know what to do.

A - Beg for his life.
B - Follow the original plan
C - Head to the grave
D - Escape Saya!
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Thu Aug 6, '09, 7:11 pm

A sounds good. Saya has shaped up to be quite formidable!
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Srijita » Thu Aug 6, '09, 9:09 pm

Nice update, Chris. I agree with Thoul; "A" is beginning to sound like the best bet, and may have additional comic value. :wink:
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Aug 7, '09, 7:52 am

Time to get my force on! That sounded corny... >_>
=========================================

Sinah looked at Saya, her hair swaying in the wind as she smiled at him. He looked behind him, there lay freedom there. "Umm.. Nope" He said as he started to dash away.

"OW!"

Sinah grabbed his ear. "I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me-oww!" This woman is evil! Pure evil! Sinah thought as she tugged on his ear and started dragging him back to her house. "Ow Please! Stop it! I won't try and escape again!"

---

Finally arriving at Saya's home, Sinah's ear was finally released. "Welcome back!" Rika said as Sinah went and sat on the couch. Hahn sat beside his disciple, "Have fun?" He whispered. "Sinah looked at Hahn and whispered back, "She's evil. Target seems like a kitten compared to her." Hahn gave out a small laugh, replying in yet annother whisper, "Try being married to her." Sinah laughed. "What are you two talking about over there?" Saya said raising an eyebrow. "Nothing much honey. Just work. Here, let me help you out with dishes."

---

"You find him?" Vince asked Ben as he examined the grave once more. Ben replied, "No. He should be around here somewhere though." It was strange, Chaz should have been here at this grave. There was nobody here, in fact, it actually looked like someone robbed the grave.

"What's going on here?" Vince muttered to himself as he examined the hole in the ground. Everything was odd about the grave, perhaps one of the oddest being that whoever dug the grave took the time to haul the dirt away from the grave. But there were no tracks. Nothing. It was almost as if the dirt was removed by some sort of magic.

"I'm not sure if we'll find anymore clues here," Vince said as he looked to his companion. Ben closed his eyes and gave a small nod.

--------------------------------------

Hmm... how curious?
A - Head back to Saya and Hahn's
B - Ask around town for clues
C - Investigate the grave again
D - Investigate the nearby area

=============OTHER NOTES=============
Also, I have been thinking about starting up another CYOA. Thing is, I don't have any idea of what to base it upon. I came up with two ideas though I want your opinions and suggestions. You can either PM your idea, or simply reply, here in this topic.

My ideas were these two;

(1) Basically a prequel of PSS. About the childhood of one of the characters, or even of all of the characters. Very simple, plus adds great background to this story. Though, I don't know who to base it upon, and how far back to base it.

(2) This is taken directly from my Night Watch RP which never started.
The year is 2365. Despite the struggle that ocurred in Algo by Chaz and Co. 81 years ago, they were only able to slow the outbreak of biomonsters. Motavia became overrun by the monsters and most towns now serve as a nest for monsters. During the day the monsters tend to stay away from civilization but at night, they seem to attack anything that moves. In order to protect the cities, the Hunter's Guild created a special task force called Special Tactics And Night Defense (S.T.A.N.D) to help watch over the city at night in the city and at the borders.
Basically it would be a darker story with probably quite a bit of action.

But I'm still looking forward to any ideas any of you may have. In fact, I'm excited! :hyper:
Atlinsmere

Postby Thoul » Fri Aug 7, '09, 4:47 pm

Sound like time for B - grill the NPCs of the town for anything they may have seen that was out of the ordinary.

On the other CYOA, I'll have to think about that before I make any other suggestions. I hope someone else has some good ideas for you, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Srijita » Fri Aug 7, '09, 11:24 pm

The scene with Sinah and Saya has great comic value. Elsewhere the mystery seems to be deepening... I vote "B"... that's what I'd do if I were playing this as a video rpg.

Atlinsmere wrote:(1) Basically a prequel of PSS. About the childhood of one of the characters, or even of all of the characters. Very simple, plus adds great background to this story. Though, I don't know who to base it upon, and how far back to base it.

This sounds like a great idea. I'll have a think about the time period angle and get back to you; right now, I'm leaning towards a prequel set during Sinah and Vince's Hunter training at the Guild. Basic training scenarios are usually quite intense and good for character exposition (several movie examples come to mind... An Officer and a Gentleman, Gardens of Stone, The Guardian...), although I imagine Hunter training would be less rigorous than the military. :wink:

(2) This is taken directly from my Night Watch RP which never started.

As I mentioned at the time, I felt this was a very strong premise... and should actually enjoy either CYOA or role playing it, or both. It lends itself very well to role play because of its potential complexity.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Sep 18, '09, 10:02 am

Well... time to start my well overdue CYOA post... just been busy and all that lately so... yeah... That and I've been kinda lazy... >_>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I say we look around town and ask if anyone seen anything," Vince said as he casually glanced the area. "I suppose that's all we can do," Ben said sighing heavily, "For starters, I think we should head back to the landrover and ask everyone in that area if they saw where Chaz went. For all we know he just might have took a detour."

"Suppose you could be right," Vince said as he rested his hand on the back of his neck.

---

"Blond haired yah say eh? heh heh heh," An old man said as he looked around. "Come a little closer young man, I'll tell you what I think." Vince leaned closer to the old man, "A little closer now. Perfect."

SMACK!

""Ow! What the hell old timer?! Why did you hit me?!" The old man laughed again, "Ye should be chasing yerself a woman, not blond haired men!" "Screw you old timer!" Vince said as he rushed off, "crazy old guy. If he wasn't so old I'd show him a thing or two."

"Hey Vince! Find anything?" Ben said as he came rushing towards Vincent. "Unfortunately no, how about you?" Ben shook his head, "It's strange though."

"Like I didn't figure that one out," Vince said as he leaned against a wall. "What I mean is that everyone who I tried to speak to about the grave, they all were acting like they were hiding something. And then there's..." "What?" "A little girl I talked to, she said that the grave was haunted." Vince rolled his eyes, "She was a little girl. Of course she'd think it was haunted. It WAS a grave afterall!"

"That might be true Vince, but there's more," Ben took a deep breathe in as he continued, "As soon as she said that, her mother came running up to her and grabbed her hand. Quickly told me that she was sorry that her daughter was making up stories, and then hurriedly ran off." "So, she was worried about her daughter talking to a strange man, telling him make belief stories, and just overall wanted to get away from him."

"You aren't getting the point Vince. I'm saying that the little girl might be right. The grave might be haunted!" "Well, what do you suppose we do?"

----------------

What to do, what to do? Well, at least you know what to do.

A - Head back to the grave
B - Head back to Saya's
C - Keep asking around
D - Call the Ghostbuster! (Just kidding. Couldn't think of anything. Option VOID)
E - Author's Mind

============NOTE ON E!============
I have introduced option E. As you can see, it is called Author's Mind. What this does is that if you don't like any of the options provided, you can choose this then I as an author, can bend the story to my will. That's right, I get to disregard options A, B, C, and D and create something of my own.

I have created this option because I am hoping that if chosen, I can reply sooner rather than later.

=============OTHER NOTES=============
Although I didn't receive much feedback on a new CYOA. I have thought up an original CYOA which is NOT based in the Phantasy Star Universe. However, the thing is I'm not sure if it goes in the Roleplay section or not. Mainly because the Roleplay board is under Fan Works which usually is NOT original content. Thus meaning, I'm not sure what to do.

Now it's off to edit the first post... and my signature...
Atlinsmere

Postby Thoul » Fri Sep 18, '09, 4:51 pm

I'll go with B. If there are stories about the grave being haunted, surely school teacher Saya would have heard them from the children. She might be able to shed some light on that. At this point, reinforcements might be a good idea, too. Exploring the town is one thing, but looking for ghosts calls for a whole party IMO.

On matter of the other CYOA, it would fit best in the Forum Games forum, since it's original content.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Sep 23, '09, 2:21 am

Ben thought a moment, considering the options. "I suppose we head back and get some help. Vince sighed, "Suppose your right. Come on. Let's go."

===

"YOU IDIOT!" Nikki yelled as chased Sinah. "I said I was sorry! How was I suppose to know that was you?!"

Vince and Ben stood by the door, both shocked and amused. "What happened?" Vince questioned aloud. "Sinah groped Nikki!" Rika said cheerfully.

"HEY! Don't make me sound like some pervert, "Sinah yelled at Rika as he jumped over a couch. Vincent laughed, "Well. It's like he used to always say, 'any touch is a good touch.'" Nikki's rage seemed to have just doubled after hearing that.

"What's going on here?" Hahn said walking into the room, "Oh no. Saya's going to be mad." "What am I going to be mad about dear?" Almost as if on cue, Saya walked in and saw the mess from Sinah's get-away.

She went silent. Everyone stopped and looked. Saya's eye twitched.

---

OH NOES! Saya will snap!
A - DUCK AND COVER! DUCK AND COVER!
B - Apoligize quickly!
C - Escape!
D - Sweep it under the rug! She'll never notice... maybe..
E - Author's mind

NOTES ON MY NEW CYOA
Well, first off I'd like to thank Thoul for telling me where to put it. Second, I want to tell everyone a little about my new CYOA, Kyoda.

The world and technology will depend on the character, readers, etc. Most of the main characters will be created by the readers. I currently have three characters thanks to Snorb and myself. I'll make a template for the character when I start the CYOA. There are 13 months, not 12. 396 Days. There will of course be alot of action if the opportunity presents itself.

Wish I could say more but don't wanna ruin it for yah...
Atlinsmere

Postby Thoul » Wed Sep 23, '09, 4:31 am

Hm, they better go with B. It might, just might, save their lives!
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay