Phantasy Star Story (CYOA)

Adventures in board based gaming.

Re: Phantasy Star Story (CYOA)

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat May 16, '09, 9:08 am

Let's just say that I thought this way would be a bit more humorous than what I had originally planned so I thought it much better yup! ^_^ And hurray for [Text removed due to spoiler]
----------------------------------------------------------

"Of course I'm coming Ben, somebodies got to make sure Sinah doesn't do anything stupid." Ben smiled at Nikki, "Good answer." Nikki replied with a smile as the two both went to grab there equipment.

---

With everyone suited up to go, Everyone looked at each other and nodded. Sinah grinned and said, "Shall we?" Suddenly, a female's voice came from behind Sinah, "Shall we what?" Sinah jumped and turned around to be greeted by Saya. "uh, well, umm," Sinah said as he jumbled around words thinking of what to say."

Finally, Vince came to the rescue, "We were just going to go test our abilities against each other to better understand each others movements and attacks." Ben jumped in next, "Uhh, yes. Because when we were in the academy, we were taught that it is best to to understand each other through battles and uhh-" It was Nikki's turn this time, "And umm, with that in mind, it will be of much better aid." Saya eyed the four suspiciously, "And why didn't you bother telling us about it." Sinah shrugged and said quickly, "You guys looked busy and uhh, we didn't want to disturb you?"

Saya rolled her eyes and said, "You three go ahead, Sinah needs to rest up." "But... I... it... me... them..." Saya tugged Sinah's collar on his shirt, "Come on young man. We have to change your bandages." With that she dragged him away as he mouthed the words to his comrades, "I'm sorry."

---
Today I introduce the first multi-option for a choice. With these I may give anywhere between 2 and 4 extra options. Format is simply letter[number] (ex. A[1])This may only happen once though. Or maybe more in the future depending on how events turn out. it will go with event

What's next in store for our heroes?
A - Rescue Sinah
B - Continue as planned but leave Sinah behind
C - Sit around and wait for Chaz to return
D - Split up
-[1]Ben and Vince go check on Chaz, Nikki stays with Sinah
-[2]Ben and Nikki go ahead, Vince Solo mission "Sinah Rescue"
-[3]Ben and Vince go ahead, Nikki Solo Mission "Sinah Rescue"
-[4]You choose the Split
I think that should cover it up for now
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Sun May 17, '09, 5:32 pm

Hmm... I guess I'll pick B1. Or B3, which sounds about the same to me.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Srijita » Sun May 17, '09, 5:48 pm

What a treat - three new installments to enjoy. :)

I vote D1. It shouldn't take that long for Sinah to have his bandages changed, particularly in Nikki gives Saya a hand. Then both of them can escape and catch up with Ben and Vince on their quest to locate Chaz.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat Jul 4, '09, 1:14 pm

Time for the well overdue conclusion to PSS!
==============================
"I say someone should stay behind to try and 'rescue' Sinah," Nikki told the two boys. Vince looked at Ben and grined, who just nodded in reply. With that, Vince casually put his right arm around Nikki and said to her, "You know, I'm glad you suggested that. In fact, why don't you do it? Me and Ben will go on ahead and meet you at the grave."

"But why do I have to stay exactly? I mean, you're his best friend after all." Nikki stated. Ben looked at Vince who had an even bigger grin on his face, "Yeah, but I'm not his future wife!"

WHAM!

Vince got a fist to his head, "Oww! That was uncalled for!" Vince told Nikki. "Then stop saying such irritating things." "Fine, fine. Come on Ben. Let's leave her to her business." Without anymore arguments, The two boys were on their way.

---

Which section should I do now?

A - Ben & Vince - Ben's view (Probably revolving around his uneasiness)
B - Ben & Vince - Vince's View (Probably His view up till this point)
C - Sinah and Nikki - Sinah's View (Probably about how he is being treated)
D - Sinah and Nikki - Nikki's View (Probably Rescue Mission)
Atlinsmere

Postby Thoul » Sat Jul 4, '09, 1:50 pm

I'll say C. We haven't seen Sinah in a bit, so let's check up on him.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Srijita » Mon Jul 6, '09, 4:43 pm

Great update, Chris. :happy_marle: I was going to vote for option D; being a woman, I like to see the female viewpoint, particularly when the gal is feisty enough to punch the lights out of a smart aleck friend. In case we don't receive any other votes, though, I'll happily go with Thoul. We're interested in the same segment of the story, after all.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Jul 6, '09, 11:26 pm

Alright then, so for now I suppose I'll leave it up for one more day before updating then. For any other voter's, choose between these two options.

C - Sinah and Nikki - Sinah's View (Probably about how he is being treated)
D - Sinah and Nikki - Nikki's View (Probably Rescue Mission)

If I receive no more votes by tomorrow, then option C will be what I'll do.
Atlinsmere

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Jul 8, '09, 5:06 pm

gah. forgot about this. I gotta get away from Minecraft. I'll post tomorrow before I go to work., I'll just edit this post so check back later,

[EDIT] As promised. Here it is.
====================================

"OW!" Sinah said as Saya changed his bandage. "Stop crying Sinah. I barely even touched you." "Well, sorry then," Sinah said rather sarcastically. Man, this sucks. I don't want to be here. It's just unfair, Sinah thought as Saya unwrapped a bandage around his shoulder.

"Need any help Saya?" Nikki asked as she walked up. "Great, just what I need. Another person to inflict pain." Nikki looked at Sinah and said, "Inflict, that's a pretty big word coming from you." "Haha, very funny Nikki."

Sinah looked off to the side at a window. He sat there thinking about how this all came to be. He is supposed to be out on a quest right now, probably helping a farmer get rid of some monsters, or becoming a hero by slaying a monster in front of some townsfolk. He sighed. Damn you Target. The sooner I get rid of you the sooner I can get back to my life.

"Okay! All done," Saya said as she put on an innocent smile. "Thanks, Sinah said as he stood up. He looked at the door. Then at Saya, "I'm going to go take a walk." Saya shook her head, "You're going to sit here and-" Too late, Sinah already sprinted for the door. "Stop him!"

Everyone at the table stood up and ran after Sinah, Rika was the first one at the door, even more so before Sinah. The numan stood at the ready to intercept him. Not even bothering to slow down, Sinah slid under the numan and out the door."You're going to have to try harder than that," Sinah said as he jumped up and ran off again.

----------

Hurray for Sinah! What ever will he do next?
A - Run around in circles.
B - Go back to Saya's house.
C - Go to the grave
D - Go back for Nikki
Atlinsmere

Postby Srijita » Thu Jul 9, '09, 8:34 pm

Oh, this is an interesting one. I'm torn between Sinah heading straight off to the grave, which would keep him out of the hands of his well meaning but over-protective mentors, and his going back for Nikki, which would be the gentlemanly thing to do. What about waiting outside the house for Nikki? She's certain to come after him.

If that's not an option, then I suppose it has to be "D", which is the right thing to do.
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Thoul » Thu Jul 30, '09, 6:17 pm

Ah, I missed this somehow. Sorry about that! I'll go with D also, though I hope he doesn't go too far back. Otherwise they might catch him!
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay