What are you watching?

Discussion of television, movies, and other forms of moving pictures.

Re: What are you watching?

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jun 7, '12, 8:09 pm

Wow, that was absolutely beautiful and very well done. I think I'm about to shed a tear or two myself. Action and Romance together, an unbeatable combination in my book. :wink:

Thanks very much for sharing that with us, MrKite! :)
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby MrKite » Sat Jun 9, '12, 11:46 pm

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:Wow, that was absolutely beautiful and very well done. I think I'm about to shed a tear or two myself. Action and Romance together, an unbeatable combination in my book. :wink:

Thanks very much for sharing that with us, MrKite! :)

You are welcome!
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby myau56 » Sun Jun 10, '12, 9:26 am

Excellent too here !:) Very good video.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Thoul » Tue Jul 10, '12, 4:50 pm

I've been on a Lord of the Rings kick of late, so this past weekend I watched Fellowship of the Ring and the Two Towers again. It had been a while since I've seen them, so it was nice to revisit that world. The stories are very familiar of course, but some of the little details had slipped my mind. I'll probably work Return of the King in sometime later this week.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby myau56 » Tue Jul 10, '12, 10:02 pm

Very Long time for me about The Lord of The Rings... maybe one day I'll try to watch them and maybe the three in a row ? Or maybe after the Hobbit at the cinema ? ^^
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Arctic-snowfox » Wed Jul 11, '12, 1:26 pm

meh... i used to watch lotr, but im kinda bored with the whole medievil concept.
my signature has gone on vacation.
sigh... i wonder when exactly it might come home?
Arctic-snowfox
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 31

Postby myau56 » Wed Jul 11, '12, 10:52 pm

Medievil ? Or medieval ? ;) But the concept of LOTR is great but I can undersatnd that some people get bored with it : myself, I'm now far from medieval universes now : I'm more into sci fi.
Last edited by myau56 on Fri Jul 13, '12, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Thoul » Thu Jul 12, '12, 10:36 pm

There has been a proliferation of medieval media in the last few years, hasn't there? It's become a much more popular theme in movies and TV shows. Not so much in gaming, but only because it was always big since the days of the NES and Master System. I get a little bored with it myself every now and then, but it passes after a while. It had been a few years since I took the time to watch these movies, so that was plenty of time for a lot of the little details to slip my mind.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby myau56 » Fri Jul 13, '12, 10:52 am

Yes, medieval medias are far more present nowadays, but it's a bit boring for me too like I said : but maybe I'll try to watch again the LOTR trilogy : long time !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Aug 28, '12, 5:24 pm

Rented a couple of videos over the past weekend and caught up on some movies that I haven't seen yet. Below I've listed the movies and my opinion of them.

"Australia": starring Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman. I have wanted to see this movie for a long time but kept forgetting about it. Anyway, I thought it was a great movie and wouldn't mind adding this one to my DVD movie collection. It started out a bit boring but got more interesting as time went on. Hey...Hugh Jackman...I could look at him all day long...especially when he's dressed up all spiffy wearing a white tux and clean shaven like he appeared in one scene. Alas, I'll always think of Wolverine whenever I see him though, lol. Nicole Kidman was pretty good in this movie also. But, this movie had historical value as well as it had connections to the events of the attack on Pearl Harbor and similar attack on this Island in Australia, I think it was. And, one "sighting" in this movie was the actor who played the role of Zed in "Legend Of The Seeker". The guy only had like a five minute part, if that long, and was clean shaven and dressed up....nothing like Zed at all, lol.

"The Fighter": starring Christian Bale and Mark Wahlberg. Eh, this movie was ok, but no where near as good as I imagined it was going to be from previews I had seen. It ain't nothing like "Rocky", imho!!! And, I LOVE "Rocky"!!! :yes: Bale had a few good scenes but overall, I think he was awful in this movie. Maybe it was just the movie....just not my cup of tea.

"The Painted Veil": starring Ed Norton ("The Hulk") and Naomi Watts. This one is basically about a doctor and his wife who go to some village in China where he uses his skills to try and help stop a cholera disease. The wife was unfaithful to the doc not long after they were married so there is a lot of tension there, not to mention the cholera!!! Fairly good movie, but kind of boring!! One high point of this movie is that one of the elderly nuns was played by actress Diana Rigg, who played the role of Mrs. Peel in the classic TV show "The Avengers", which also starred actor Patrick Macnee!!! Terrific to see her again.

"Resident Evil:Extinction": starring Milla Jovovich, I think is her name. Good movie, although now I find out there are a few more Resident Evil movie's prior to this one, so I may have to go back and try and find those to watch.

"Faster": starring actor Dwayne Johnson ("The Rock"), and actor Billy Bob Thornton. In the movie, he (johnson) gets out of prison and starts hunting down and killing the bad guys that killed his brother and landed him in the big house. Trust me, you don't wanta mess with this guy in this movie...he's mad, sad, and soooo bad!!! Yay, I liked it!!!! :yes: Interesting sighting in this movie is actor Tom Berringer ("Sniper", etc.) who plays the prison warden...bummer though as he is only in the movie for about five minutes.

Okay, that's my few short opinions on these movies. Has anyone else here watched any of these movies and if so, what did you think of them???
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

PreviousNext

Return to Screen Scene