What are you watching?

Discussion of television, movies, and other forms of moving pictures.

Re: What are you watching?

Postby Thoul » Tue Mar 1, '11, 6:57 pm

I'm watching Star Trek: Deep Space 9 this week. It's one of the later seasons, #6 I believe. It's filled with star ship battles and war in space. Lots of explosions and action.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Flames of Yagami » Tue Mar 8, '11, 2:06 am

The ironic thing is that she has the same voice actress in both this and the OVA (she doesn't sound too bad in the OVA though)

Forget what I said, Morrigan has a different VA in the cartoon than in the OVA.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Mar 9, '11, 8:09 pm

As mentioned in my return topic...

Television wise, since I last visited I've been watching Supernatural, and on Netflix I've watched Robin Hood (Seasons 1-3), Survivors (Seasons 1-2), Heroes (Seasons 1-3, starting 4), Primeval (Seasons 1-2), and I also just started Avatar: The Last Airbender Book 1. Either way, I got my money's worth from Netflix.

However, I am now done season 4 of Heroes, sadly the show got canceled and it left off as an incomplete series. I have since then started Angel season one since I inherited season five from my late uncle. It's pretty epic so far and I completely forgot that Buffy the Vampire Slayer even existed.

I'm always looking for stuff to watch, so if it's on Netflix, I'm all for it.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Lucas » Thu Mar 17, '11, 9:20 am

Currently watching the second season of Birdy the Mighty Decode which is an awesome sci-fi anime series. I also watched District 9 last weekend I really enjoyed that movie too. The ending was a good ending but it was a little sad, I don’t know if I felt sorry for the main guy or for the aliens.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sat Mar 19, '11, 1:32 am

Lately I've been watching 1000 Ways to Die on Spike. It's very interesting but some of the deaths are pretty crazy.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Thoul » Tue Mar 22, '11, 2:12 am

Lucas wrote:Currently watching the second season of Birdy the Mighty Decode which is an awesome sci-fi anime series.

How was the first season of that? I think I saw it on Filmation's website or Hulu a couple of weeks ago. I almost started watching it, but something else came up at the time.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lucas » Tue Mar 22, '11, 7:48 am

Thoul wrote:
Lucas wrote:Currently watching the second season of Birdy the Mighty Decode which is an awesome sci-fi anime series.

How was the first season of that? I think I saw it on Filmation's website or Hulu a couple of weeks ago. I almost started watching it, but something else came up at the time.

It's definitely worth a watch Thoul if your into anime or a sci-fi version of cops 'n robbers kind of thing. Not giving to much away the two main characters have to share the same body after a certain event making some pretty enjoyable twists and turns take place. :wink:

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Elsydeon » Tue Mar 22, '11, 11:29 pm

I'm currently watching Chuck, season 1 dvd. It's sort of good. Better than I expected anyways.
Elsydeon
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 39

Postby Thoul » Sat Mar 26, '11, 1:39 am

Lucas wrote:It's definitely worth a watch Thoul if your into anime or a sci-fi version of cops 'n robbers kind of thing. Not giving to much away the two main characters have to share the same body after a certain event making some pretty enjoyable twists and turns take place. :wink:

Thanks, I might try it this weekend sometime. I'm almost out of interesting shows to get from the library here.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lucas » Mon May 16, '11, 7:43 am

About half way through watching Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I might finish the movie after work one afternoon this week. I like it, that’s for sure.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

PreviousNext

Return to Screen Scene