What are you watching?

Discussion of television, movies, and other forms of moving pictures.

Re: What are you watching?

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 23, '10, 10:56 pm

I'm going to start Supernatural season 5 later tonight. For some reason, my library must hate the even numbered seasons. They only stock the odd ones. Ah well.

I just finished watching a show called White Collar. It's an interesting little crime drama where a criminal teams up with the authorities to catch other crooks. Characters are mostly fleshed out well and the story actually makes most of them interesting.
Last edited by Thoul on Tue Nov 23, '10, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Flames of Yagami » Tue Nov 30, '10, 6:02 am

Out of complete curiosity, I just finished watching an interesting movie called Midnight Express. It's based on a true story about an American named Billy Hayes who gets arrested and sent to a Turkish prison for attempting to smuggle hashish out of Turkey.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Flames of Yagami » Tue Nov 30, '10, 10:40 pm

I'm going to watch South Park on Netflix, M'kay
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Tue Nov 30, '10, 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat Jan 15, '11, 1:22 am

Robin Hood, I'm currently on the second season. It's pretty epic. Awesome stuff.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Lucas » Sun Jan 16, '11, 5:41 am

Currently watching an action anime series called Canaan. It's quite good so far, with the five episodes I've seen.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby augmentedfourth » Sun Jan 16, '11, 6:14 am

Thanks to Netflix, I am FINALLY getting around to "Firefly". I have heard about its awesomeness for years and I'm so excited about finally getting the chance to watch it. I'm on episode 5 right now and I'm loving it so far.
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby Thoul » Mon Jan 17, '11, 8:16 pm

I borrowed Firefly from the local library a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't get into it very well. The way it goes back and forth from western to sci-fi just throws me too much. There's some good acting and I like the sci-fi parts of it. The western bit just loses me for some reason I can't put my finger on.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Flames of Yagami » Tue Mar 1, '11, 5:55 am

Right now I'm watching the Darkstalkers cartoon out of boredom. Even though it's horrible, it's one of those shows that's "so bad that it's good", since there's a lot to make fun of about it. Still, if you've played the games but never watched the show, good for you.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Lucas » Tue Mar 1, '11, 6:57 am

Yeah I’ve heard the US cartoon series was quite bad, then again so was the US Street Fighter cartoon from all the rumours. I'm more interested in seeing the 4 anime episode adoption of Darkstalkers. I've heard it's pretty good.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Flames of Yagami » Tue Mar 1, '11, 7:26 am

You should definitely check it out, I've only seen the first episode and it was pretty good. Anyway, the DS cartoon is really bad, and it makes the SF cartoon look like a masterpiece. They screwed up a lot of things, especially Morrigan. They made her evil, gave her an Irish accent (she's actually from Scotland IIRC), and worst of all she's a lot older than she is in the games. The ironic thing is that she has the same voice actress in both this and the OVA (she doesn't sound too bad in the OVA though)

Anyway, I found a very ridiculous pic of Dimitri from the cartoon, it's very small, but that gives you an idea on how bad the character designs are

The moral of the story is, STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHOW AT ALL COSTS, OR ELSE ALL YOUR SOULS ARE BELONG TO MORRIGAN (the cartoon one)!
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

PreviousNext

Return to Screen Scene