What are you watching?

Discussion of television, movies, and other forms of moving pictures.

Re: What are you watching?

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Jun 27, '11, 1:07 am

Well, today, I found seasons 4 and 5 DVD sets of the 80s/90s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! It was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid. We'll see what I remember and if my views on the show/the characters are different now from when I was...I dunno how old, but pretty darn young.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lucas » Tue Jul 12, '11, 9:02 am

I'm watching the Noein anime series. I've seen the first eleven episodes so far and I’m really enjoying it. The whole multi-dimensions thing is really intriguing.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Lucas » Sun Jul 17, '11, 3:01 am

Well I finally finished watching all 24 episodes of Noein. What a phenomenal anime series, if only there was more animation out there with such deep storylines and complex characters. It really leaves you thinking long after the show is over.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Celeith » Sun Jul 17, '11, 6:54 pm

Been watching Code Monkeys on Netflix the past few days, its the most awesome show about a video game workplace ever.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby MrKite » Fri Aug 26, '11, 6:37 am

I'm watching this totally awesome Casshan:Robot Hunter AMV I came across:

I can't stop watching it. It's that good.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Lucas » Sun Oct 30, '11, 9:13 am

I purchased X-Men: First Class on Thursday and ended up watching it Friday night after a hard week of work. Brilliant movie.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Nov 2, '11, 5:46 am

I've been watching the first season DVD of "Fringe", and I really like this show. Now, I'm going to watch the second season on DVD also in the next few days.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Lucas » Sun Feb 12, '12, 12:03 pm

A few weekends ago I purchased DVD collections of both the Super Mario World TV series and the Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 series. I won’t lie, the shows are cheesy and the animation is kinda lame in some scenes but I’m reliving my childhood watching these Mario cartoons.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Feb 12, '12, 2:57 pm

Lucas wrote:A few weekends ago I purchased DVD collections of both the Super Mario World TV series and the Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 series. I won’t lie, the shows are cheesy and the animation is kinda lame in some scenes but I’m reliving my childhood watching these Mario cartoons.

Ha ha, this is exactly how I feel watching my TMNT DVDs. The beauty of 90s hand drawn cartoons, right? Cheesy, bad animation, but nostalgia is nostalgia and it's still entertaining!

Speaking of which, I now have more of the original TMNT series...season 1 (and it came with some bonus episodes from the last season, which was completely...different, and not in a good way), season 2 and volume 1 of the very long season 3. Donatello is still by far my favorite turtle as he was when I was kid, but I like Raphael more than I remember, and he's probably my second favorite of the four. I liked Michelangelo when I was young, but now sometimes I kind of wish he'd shut up as he grates my nerves at time. I like Leonardo more than I remember as well.

I may pop in one of those DVDs sometime today now.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby MrKite » Thu Jun 7, '12, 5:31 am

Okay, if this doesn't make you go "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!", then please tell me what will:

Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

PreviousNext

Return to Screen Scene