Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: Phantasy Star: BaNL

Postby meteor9 » Wed Jul 21, '10, 11:58 am

Lyla2284 wrote:And here's a link to the Dezolis OverWorld. I will NOT be using the awful tune from the original PS4 for this map, but rather, PS2's Silent Zone. ^^ Same thing applies to the other Dezo town music. I won't be re-using PS4's music or the music found in the Dezo towns in PS2.

Feel free to offer suggestions for map improvement.

Well, Silent Zone is totally the wrong atmosphere for Dezolis, though it is a good song. The Dezolis themes from PS4 though are very, very well suited to the planet, with the first version doing quite a good job of evoking the cold, desolate feel of the abnormal blizzard-covered planet. I think it'd be a big loss to replace them.
meteor9
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 44

Postby Aeroprism » Wed Jul 21, '10, 2:13 pm

meteor9 wrote:Well, Silent Zone is totally the wrong atmosphere for Dezolis, though it is a good song. The Dezolis themes from PS4 though are very, very well suited to the planet, with the first version doing quite a good job of evoking the cold, desolate feel of the abnormal blizzard-covered planet. I think it'd be a big loss to replace them.

I feel the exact opposite. I never cared for PS4's Dezolis overworld's songs, they are too chirpy and light, even the first one. But it's diversity that makes us in such an interesting crowd.

Lyla2284 wrote:I will NOT be using the awful tune from the original PS4 for this map, but rather, PS2's Silent Zone.

Which I happen to be remixing as we speak.

Could it be that I am changing my remix priority list to accommodate Lyla's game? I have no idea what you could possibly be talking about :P
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Kein_Mitleid » Thu Jul 22, '10, 3:50 pm

Lyla, are you planning on making new towns, dungeons, bosses, items, etc. on Dezolis? Perhaps because I have always felt that once you land on Raja's Temple, it's the beginning of the best part of the game. I would love to see a little more of Dezolis, especially the "lost part" of it (the part you can't see without hacking, west of Tyler). Or perhaps more of the storyline being developed while on Dezolis?
Kein_Mitleid
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 5

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu Jul 22, '10, 4:41 pm

Kein_Mitleid wrote:Lyla, are you planning on making new towns, dungeons, bosses, items, etc. on Dezolis? Perhaps because I have always felt that once you land on Raja's Temple, it's the beginning of the best part of the game. I would love to see a little more of Dezolis, especially the "lost part" of it (the part you can't see without hacking, west of Tyler). Or perhaps more of the storyline being developed while on Dezolis?

Fan's wish + Lyla's enthusiasm = Wish granted. :D

That aside, I really am thinking of redesigning the Dezo overworld so it matches the PS2 original.
I actually liked the idea of visiting different towns by traversing through the underground spaceport of Skure (which only becomes avaliable in my game after visiting Tyler). Of course, the areas that lead to the eastern side of the planet would be blocked off until DF is defeated on Kuran, and later areas would only open up after key events. So it will mean no Ice-Digger this time. And it would make the game far more challenging. I'm also thinking of adding the Crevice and the Nei dungeons, and each dungeon will have a boss guarding several Nei items.

And since the storyline I have planned is much darker, you can expect alot of things to be happening on Dezolis. PS4's original storyline is pathetic compared to PS1, 2 or even 3. ><

So, how does that sound, guys (and gals)?
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Aeroprism » Thu Jul 22, '10, 4:56 pm

New Phantasy Star game > remade Phantasy Star game.

Go for it. the more you change stuff, the better the play experience gets.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu Jul 22, '10, 5:25 pm

Aeroprism wrote:New Phantasy Star game > remade Phantasy Star game.

Go for it. the more you change stuff, the better the play experience gets.

Hmm, yes, seeing as this isn't a remake of PS4, I should actually really get my creative juices flowing now. I've always been good at creative writing ( I'm good with fanfics as well, but it's overdone) so this is my form of expression. Creating an engrossing storyline that will draw in the player from the first intro sequence. Sure, PS4 started off well enough, but soon degenerated into the cliched 'Chosen one' rubbish and 'let's save the world with a magic sword and get the girl at the same time'... storyline that's been done to death nowadays. I can't do that in today's day and age. I'll be stoned. :o

So, I'd better get my writing pad out now. Once I've fixed all the bugs in the current demo and released it to the general public, I can begin working on the 'Dezo Arc'.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Xander » Thu Jul 22, '10, 5:51 pm

I'd say go for it. Throwing in another arc while on Dezoris won't do any harm. As Aero said, the more you change the less it'll feel like a remake to some people.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Aeroprism » Thu Jul 22, '10, 6:03 pm

Another clear advantage, providing you have the mental and creative stamina to push this project for several more months by adding new contents, is that it will allow me to remix you a more extensive OST.

Just think about it.

Words can barely describe the amount of awesome this represents.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Kein_Mitleid » Thu Jul 22, '10, 6:12 pm

Awesome stuff Lyla. The original Dezolis is lovely and all - it's just too small. Keeping the original design but adding lots of areas would be so nice. Do you remember, a long time ago when you first played PSIV, the rush you got upon getting the Ice Digger, breaking through all that ice and discovering town after town, a cave, a huge temple, a mansion, a city, a tower, and two mech bases? Now imagine if it had been larger... as the planet's size seems to suggest.
Kein_Mitleid
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 5

Postby vontrapp » Thu Jul 22, '10, 6:15 pm

I am looking forward to seeing this project more and more its sounding epic
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 43

PreviousNext