Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: Phantasy Star: BaNL

Postby Aeroprism » Wed Aug 4, '10, 12:46 am

Now that was a post worth reading.

Good ideas, good thoughts.

Welcome to the Fringes.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Aug 4, '10, 8:52 am

Wow. That is probably the most insightful post I have read, Milbury. First of all, I thank you for taking the time to read through this enormous amount of posts and for showing an interest in my project. :)

You don't have to worry about this game being centered around Alys and Alys only. It's a PS game after all, and I will reveal the other characters backgrounds over time. The only thing that's really stopping me is that there really isn't alot of info on the other characters, so I guess that's where my creative writing ability comes in. :D

And I am aiming to make a game worthy of being called a Generations successor. Even though it won't have the flashy graphics of those games ( which is what many players nowadays look for )
it still has a hellava lot of potential. And no, this isn't a retelling of PS4's storyline. The Mota Arc (Piata through to Nurvus) is still the same as the original, but the Dezo Arc is where the game becomes really exciting, and that's what I'm currently busy with.

As for Zio being included in the game, he will only appear as a playable character in the branching storyline, and that will only be written once I've gotten the 'normal' storyline underway. I'm sure you'll want to know about his background, how he became Dark Force's servant, and how it ultimately led to his destruction. He's a fascinating character.

Seth doesn't appear in my game at all, though. Since the entire storyline has been re-written, I didn't feel the need to include him.

And yes, Sega is indeed a shadow of its former self... Hopefully, this game will go beyond these forums and get everyone interested in the 'real' Phantasy Star again.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby vontrapp » Wed Aug 4, '10, 10:26 am

Lyla, flashy graphics are just window candy we all know that a true Phantasy game runs off story, as long as it has a good one the rest is just gravy :)

We are all looking forward to your results so don't stress about it too much just relax and do what comes naturally I'm sure everyone has a slightly different expectation of what the outcome will be but everyone here also knows that it's still your creation.
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 43

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Aug 4, '10, 2:55 pm

I might as well post some images.

Raja's sprite is still in development. Note the difference between the 32-bit version and the 16-bit version.

His battle sprite is completed as well. Now i still need to animate the Dezolisian wildlife. Dezo has random encounters on its worldmap, unlike Motavia.

Some more in-game shots:

Chaz's Overdrive skill, Triple Triad. And no, I didn't take the name from FF8's card game. ^^

Zio's Fortress. I had to use the original game's tilesets here.

Gryz's OD skill, Ice Buster. It's the weakest OD in the game, since it doesn't have a 'kickback' effect.... Unless of course, you're battling a sandworm. Then it does in excess of 300+ dmg.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Aug 4, '10, 8:39 pm

Awww, why random encounters? Why not the sprites like in Motavia? :(
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Aug 4, '10, 8:45 pm

Oh, I had a reason for sprites on the Motavia map. You see, with RMXP, it isn't possible to designate areas where certain monsters pop up. If I had done random encounters, you would be running into sandworms (fully grown) at the beginning of the game. :o

Now for Dezo, most of the fauna/enemies is the same throughout. And it makes the game harder as well. :twisted:
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby vontrapp » Wed Aug 4, '10, 8:46 pm

Caged Wolf wrote:Awww, why random encounters? Why not the sprites like in Motavia? :(

huh? did I miss a post or something? :reading: not seeing anything, I'm confused :?
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Aug 4, '10, 8:51 pm

Maybe this will clarify matters for you, vontrapp. :)

You see those red dots? Whenever the player touches them, they will run into a random enemy. So you can walk all over the Overworld map and not run into a single battle.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby vontrapp » Wed Aug 4, '10, 9:01 pm

Ah ok,

Makes a little more sense does that mean you won't be using this in Dezolis then?

Nice touch with the lights though :)
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Aug 4, '10, 9:06 pm

No, I won't. The game is supposed to get gradually harder as you continue playing, and having random encounters on the ice planet will certainly raise the bar a bit. To say nothing of traversing through Skure.... ><

I am going to torture you guys. :D
Whoo! 1000th post! I'm a Sage!
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More