Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: Phantasy Star: BaNL (5 party member avaliability!)

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Jul 7, '10, 10:21 pm

Just a tiny little update. The new title screen! ^^ Now that's what I call classic PS!

Had to rip the font from Generation 1's title screen, and you can recognize the planets as well. Looks rather good, if I say so myself.

EDIT: Updated the first post.
Last edited by Lyla2284 on Wed Jul 7, '10, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Jul 8, '10, 1:03 am

I like this title screen the best so far. It's amazing looking. =D
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu Jul 8, '10, 7:33 pm

Thanks again for sending me that PM with all the details regarding the demo, Atlin. Your hard work does not go unnoticed! Gotta say though, MegaUpload for a 15kb file? :lol: I've addressed most of those problems that you mentioned, including most of the mapping errors and grammatical faults.

Anyway, some new screens. I made the font a little bigger.

It's dark in here... :o Even though Alys is blinded, she can still hit some enemies, thanks to her high DEX attribute. ^^ All the others hit miss. Gryz... let's not even go there. Even when he is in a normal state, he still fails to hit the freakin' enemy. Honestly, he's the most useless character in the game. :shiftyeyes:
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Xander » Thu Jul 8, '10, 10:33 pm

I take it you changed Gryz a bit then? I had no problem getting him to hit stuff. :D

Anyhoo, the font size looks good. The text boxes are big enough so you might as well make use of the space. Any chance of a preview of current progress? ;) Last time we saw you were working on the Air Castle, or are you still there? By the way, I will hate you if you make the Air Castle even more maze like than it is, though I may forgive you if you throw some schnazzy trinkets in there to make it worthwhile. :p Kind of like the Grantz Blade in the Bio Lab, a very welcome find.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Lyla2284 » Fri Jul 9, '10, 10:05 am

You struggled to get through the Air Castle, Xan? Hmm, unfortunately, the blueprint for the Castle is exactly the same as the original game, but I will throw in some nice goodies. And I do agree with you that the Grantz Blade is the most powerful weapon you can get, until at least, you get to Zio's Fort and those Shadowsabres drop the Shadowblade. ^^ Never sell the Grantz Blade, it's very powerful against Mechas. And it Stuns enemies as well. Alys usually kills the Machines in the Bio-plant with one hit. And she criticals like a demon. I never give that sword to Chaz. :p He gets the ordinary Ceramic Sword.

As for previews, most of the maps (if not all 300+ of them) are done by now. That's right, there's a complete Dezolis and Rykros Overworld map, all Dezo towns are done and so is the Esper Mansion, as well as Zelan and Kuran. I still need to animate the remaining enemies, though. I might get a few preview shots of Tyler and Zelan up later.

Maybe the game is different to all of us who play it, but Gryz, since I got him, has been missing 50% of his targets. *facepalm* Honestly, I do it so often I'm surprised I'm not sitting with a flat nose. :lol:
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Xander » Sat Jul 10, '10, 11:04 pm

Wow, poor Gryz. Still at least, so far, I've not had it happen to Alys or Rika. I can only imagine the frustration if one of them kept missing. All that wasted attack power... One thing that annoyed me about PS IV was that Chaz was the only one with Tsu, etc. I'm glad to see you gave those ones to Alys as well, thouhg I use Nafoi if I'm not beating things over the head with the shadowsabre. :mrgreen:

I think the problem I had with the Air Castle was just going through it the first couple of times and making sure I found everything. It wasn't hard once I knew the way around especially seeing how you don't have to go far off the track to find the goodies.

So you've gotten Dezoris and Rykros done? That's really cool! Though I suppose the hard part is putting everything else in once the area's built, events and suchlike.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Jul 14, '10, 9:44 am

Xander wrote:So you've gotten Dezoris and Rykros done? That's really cool! Though I suppose the hard part is putting everything else in once the area's built, events and suchlike.

No, no, no, Xan. EVERYTHING is done. NPCs, cutscenes, events, the whole lot, right up until the end of the game. This took me 10 months, from January 2009 to October 2009, to assemble. Now all that's left is to test everything and general polish. Anyway, got a bit of a teaser screen below.

The real reason for Alys' hatred of her reputation is finally revealed...

Hehehehe.... Mind you, it took me nearly four hours to get Alys up to level 35... But, completely worth it...
Megid is the same as from PS2. Costs 55TP and zaps all allies for 100HP, including Alys herself. So be very careful.

So, that's a quick update for now.
Last edited by Lyla2284 on Wed Jul 14, '10, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Kein_Mitleid » Thu Jul 15, '10, 2:22 pm

Mouth is drooling... this is looking so sweeeeeet! Lyla, you are my personal hero.
Kein_Mitleid
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 5

Postby xellos667 » Thu Jul 15, '10, 3:14 pm

I normally don't play fan project, most of the times because I lack said time...but yours, I will definitely try upon release!!!
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu Jul 15, '10, 6:29 pm

You'll have a long wait, I'm afraid, xellos. I don't even have a planned release date yet. I'm just waiting for my betas to get back to me, point me towards all the flaws and graphical, grammatical bugs, then I have to dive back into the game's innards, sort out those bugs, then test it myself. *whew*

I'll have even less time once I go back to campus at the end of this month. Then you get the a-holes who disregard more than a year and a half's effort of hard work, but I'm not making this game for them. Sure, they can still grab the download link and flame the game to pieces on another forum, but see if I care.

I'll never, ever give up on this game. It will not become some sad, forgotten fan game that litters the fan sites, never to be pursued by their makers ever again. Honestly, I've never been more dedicated in my life.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More