Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: Phantasy Star: BaNL

Postby Lyla2284 » Fri Jul 23, '10, 10:02 am

Yes, I'm beginning to wonder if I can live up to the hype on this thread... The more people take an interest in this, the more pressured I feel to deliver my best. But I promise I won't disappoint you guys. What with campus starting soon, I'll soon be swamped with assignments again. Luckily, I get Fridays off (that's provided I get all my tutorials done during the week), and maybe I'll squeeze in a couple of hours here and there.

Anyway, here's some eye-candy.

Holt still has a chibi sprite. Better fix that.

I'll see if I can't get up some late game areas (mock-ups of course) later during the week.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Jul 24, '10, 7:53 pm

Here are some maps I've been working on for the last 2 days. It's a partial map of Dezolis ( this Dezo map is HUGE, much bigger than the one in IV) and the first level of... Skure. ^^ That spaceport hell-hole is back in here, and just as vicious. Right now, I'm trying to get some cutscenes done before I move onto the Dezo Arc of my game (the best bit of all :D).

The layout is completely different now, so the player will have to find their way around by themselves. This game does not hold your hand like PS4 did, especially once on Dezolis. Oh, and mechas will attack you as well now, instead of just the Dezolisian wildlife.

Naturally, the layout is not the same as in PS2...

That's it for now.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Jul 24, '10, 9:31 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:Yes, I'm beginning to wonder if I can live up to the hype on this thread...

Oh, you'll do fine, Lyla. :)
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Jul 24, '10, 9:46 pm

Thank you for that CW. I know after all these months, I can't let you guys down, now can I? It would be a huge loss.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Kein_Mitleid » Sun Jul 25, '10, 5:28 pm

Wow... with that overhead view of Dezolis, I can't even identify a single thing!
Kein_Mitleid
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 5

Postby biolotus17 » Mon Jul 26, '10, 6:58 pm

Hey Lyla. I know I'm a bit late to the party and all (finally got some free time, been lurking for a while now) and was wondering if you wanted any more beta testers. Let me know!
biolotus17
Newcomer
Newcomer

Achievements: 3

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon Jul 26, '10, 7:15 pm

Hello, biolotus17. Nice to see you join the Fringes. I'm not looking for betas at the moment (I already have at least 5 of them), but I'll let you know once they get back to me. *sigh* I'm feeling so pressured at the moment. My Mota Arc is nearing completion ( that's the first half of the game, from Piata right up until Nurvus), and once I'm done with that, I'll have to tackle the enormous Dezo Arc, but it's the best bit of the game, and where it really becomes my own. And since most of you want a darker storyline, you'll get it. There may even be another character death... but I'm saying nothing.

It took me more than a year and a half to get the game to it's current state, so the game ( I'm predicting now) will probably be done by late 2011...

Back to work for me. The game, of course... ^^
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Mon Jul 26, '10, 7:40 pm

You're making great progress! Most fan games don't get nearly this far. I really like what I've seen of your Dezo so far. The planet was so small in comparison to Mota in PSIV that I always felt there should have been more, like I was missing something. Rykros was the same way.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Solar » Mon Jul 26, '10, 7:47 pm

No, I most definitely don't want a darker story line. I think it sounds dark enough to be PS as it is already.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby vontrapp » Tue Jul 27, '10, 5:11 am

Lyla can I ask which battle system you are using? I have been hunting around for ages looking for one that works this way with no luck everyone seems to want either an Active or FF style battle system.
Last edited by vontrapp on Tue Jul 27, '10, 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 43

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More