Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: Phantasy Star: BaNL (5 party member avaliability!)

Postby xellos667 » Thu Jul 15, '10, 6:46 pm

That's ok, I'm patient, and I like to read your post every now and then to see what's new. Take all your time because one thing worst than a game taking a long time to come out, is a game rushed so that it comes out fast
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu Jul 15, '10, 6:56 pm

Which is what kinda happened to PS3... I'm aware of that, yes. :(
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby xellos667 » Thu Jul 15, '10, 7:01 pm

This couldn't be any more true :)
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon Jul 19, '10, 9:30 am

Here's a mock up game cover I've been working on. I'll provide a link to the larger image. It's 1600px by 1038px, so it's too large to be posted here.

Half size.

http://omploader.org/vNHo1bw/PS%20BaNL%20cover.png
Full size.

As for the game so far, no major updates yet. I'm increasing the general difficulty of the game, and I will be removing the free save found in some dungeons. It made the game too easy, as my betas pointed out. I'm also increasing the overall speed of all enemies. What makes an enemy difficult imo, is fast enemies that inflict status effects. The Piata basement is also much harder now, as Atlin indicated it was too easy, and I agree with him.

As for the secret boss in the game... Wow, what an enemy. I've only managed to beat it once, and all characters except Rune was at lvl 25. Rune was at lvl 27. And I still got my butt kicked. ^^ I think I'll model all my bosses attack patterns after this one. This boss is perfect. :D Even harder than Zio and the first Dark Force. ^^ However, this boss is not avaliable on the normal playthrough, so you can breath a sigh of relief.

What is tricky about setting battles, is that I want to provide an challenging, yet enjoyable experience for the player. PS2 was hard yes, but hardly enjoyable. I'm playing through it now, and it is tedious as hell, but I love it. ^^ Now, PS4, on the other hand, was very enjoyable, but too damn easy. Battles were not challenging at all, and once you found the combo attacks, you could spam the hell out of them. Not fun. Overdrive skills in my game are as powerful as combos, but the player has to work to earn them, as well as watching their characters health.

So that's it for now.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Re: Phantasy Star: BaNL

Postby Aeroprism » Mon Jul 19, '10, 2:01 pm

Do you have a newer executable available?

Cause I need to deliver on that testing.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon Jul 19, '10, 3:12 pm

Aeroprism wrote:Do you have a newer executable available?

Cause I need to deliver on that testing.

Not at the moment. Most of the bugs that my betas have sent me have been resolved, but you can send me a PM on what you found so far. If you want, I could upload the brand new version with the branching storyline. But that will take at least an hour and a half to upload... The version that I'll send you will enable you to open the game in RPGMaker and you can look at how everything is assembled. Since the version that you have is encrypted, you won't be able to open up the game in RMXP.

If that's what you want, Aero. :)
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Aeroprism » Mon Jul 19, '10, 3:50 pm

I'm not sure I understand the last part of your post actually.

But I'm at work so posting a few EOTA facts is one thing but playing a RPG would not pass very well :)

I take that reviewing the version you already sent me would still be perfectly helpful to you?
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon Jul 19, '10, 6:52 pm

Aeroprism wrote:I'm not sure I understand the last part of your post actually.

But I'm at work so posting a few EOTA facts is one thing but playing a RPG would not pass very well :)

I take that reviewing the version you already sent me would still be perfectly helpful to you?

It simply means that if you want a new version to beta test/ or review, I could upload it and send it to you. Though I'd be quite content for you to review the game with the current demo version. :) I'll need as much information as possible from this review, and don't be afraid to criticize. The game is still far from perfect. Then again, a perfect game has never been created, let alone a fan-game. ><

And yes, playing an RPG would not look good to the boss, now would it. ^^
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Aeroprism » Mon Jul 19, '10, 6:56 pm

Beh, as long as I dish results out (and I do), my boss doesn't really look over my shoulders. But yeah, playing a game would kinda affect these results.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Jul 21, '10, 10:55 am

It's time I posted some images of late-game maps. I'll post the Dezolis OverWorld map, Tyler, and Ryoun. I still need a decent tileset for Raja's Temple... Note that these are some of my earlier maps, and will not have as much detail as my later Motavia maps. My betas would know how much detail I actually put into the towns and the OverWorld map. :)

Ryoun. It still looks a bit empty to me.

Tyler. There are still a few mapping errors here and there. I always found it ridiculous that the Dezolizain towns had no snow falling in them, even though there was a raging blizzard on the OverWorld map. Ah well, horrible limited Genesis tech... :roll:

http://omploader.org/vNHp4bA/Dexo%20overworld.PNG
And here's a link to the Dezolis OverWorld. I will NOT be using the awful tune from the original PS4 for this map, but rather, PS2's Silent Zone. ^^ Same thing applies to the other Dezo town music. I won't be re-using PS4's music or the music found in the Dezo towns in PS2.

Feel free to offer suggestions for map improvement.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More