Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: PSIV remake with Alys as the main char.

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Apr 20, '10, 1:57 pm

Congrats, you posted the 200th reply! :D Can I give you a deadline for the artwork, Areku? Because I'm planning on releasing a demo some time in June, after I've written my exams 'yuk'. Then I'll have six weeks of glorious vacation, thanks to the Soccer World Cup that's taking place here. You can send me a reply via my e-mail, and we can sort out everything from there.

Hoping to hear from you soon. :)
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby PSjunkie » Thu Apr 22, '10, 8:09 am

Any new updates Lyla, im gonna keep bugging you, I cant wait for the release in June so I need things to keep me going. :)
PSjunkie
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 30

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun Apr 25, '10, 6:24 pm

@PSJ: Since you are going to bug me endlessly now, I'll showcase a new LP of my game. It features a new soundtrack,updated maps, new sprites and an updated battleback. I trust you finished the demo, right?

And here are a couple of screens from my solo Alys run against DF1. I'm trying to upload the video, but it's over 100mb in size, so it's gonna take forever. She's lvl 34 in the test run. Very hard. But I like the challenge. It makes the original PS4 seem like a laughing stock. No challenge at all... Blame it on those blasted combo attacks. What makes Dark Force so dangerous is his ability to drain your TP as well as inflict Silence on the entire party. Rune will never last against this guy in a solo run. :lol: Andyes, DF is fully animated.

Awesomeness personified. Alys' lvl 2 OD skill in action..(She doesn't get this skill leveling up). Have to fix her graphic, though.

Hopefully, that's enough to get some tongues salivating in anticipation. :D
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby AirWolF » Tue Apr 27, '10, 3:41 pm

nice, sweet, marvelous, amazing! Keep moving on!
I hate my soul... It's burning (c) Ethaar Alviere (Utopia Stories: The Fall)
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
AirWolF
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 7

Postby Kein_Mitleid » Tue May 4, '10, 7:00 pm

I just made a few of my friends (PSIV oldtimers) play your demo and they loved it! They noticed a bunch of bugs, which I am sure will be corrected by the time the next demo is out, and overall they thought it was very well made.

Also, how do stats-raising items (like Smalos [+5 str], and I am presuming that the full game will have items for other stats) work? Is there a limit to how many you can buy and use? Why does it cause "Clumsy" status?
Kein_Mitleid
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 5

Postby Rick » Tue May 4, '10, 10:55 pm

Hm.. I'm sad. My music is gone. Oh well.

There went that nice Death Palace piece.

All in all, it's a great project.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu May 6, '10, 7:37 pm

Kein_Mitleid wrote:I just made a few of my friends (PSIV oldtimers) play your demo and they loved it! They noticed a bunch of bugs, which I am sure will be corrected by the time the next demo is out, and overall they thought it was very well made.

Also, how do stats-raising items (like Smalos [+5 str], and I am presuming that the full game will have items for other stats) work? Is there a limit to how many you can buy and use? Why does it cause "Clumsy" status?

The Smalos is a very strong, alcoholic drink, and everyone except Alys will be affected by it if they take a dose. (They become drunk... :lol: ) It will disappear from the Clan Store after the player has completed the 'Ranch Owner' Guild quest. I can't have you abusing it now, can I?
I'm glad your friends enjoyed the game. It will be even better come June. And yes, there are other items that will increase stats permanently. Did you know that Deban actually increases the users Mental stat as well in my game? :wink: For a limited period of course. I don't think it's in the current demo, though.

I've also added Achievements (like the PS3 and X360) to the game now, thanks to a thread that SirJason started here. I googled the script for RMXP, and there it was. :D

Some new screenshots:

New title screen

Skill window reworked.

That's all for now. And post your ideas for achievements in SirJason's thread. :D
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Solar » Thu May 6, '10, 8:34 pm

It must suck for Alys to not be able to get drunk. ;) Nice screens, once again.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby Lyla2284 » Fri May 7, '10, 1:13 pm

Ok, this is what I have so far. There are three ranks of Achievements, namely Blue, Silver and Gold. I'll include a visual below. I might upload the background image as a wallpaper (without the text, of course). There aren't many avaliable yet, and the player is bound to be rewarded after achieving certain goals.
For example, the 'Burst Touch' achievement (used the Foi tech (only) 40 times) will result in a stronger Foi technique. I was considering making it a multiple tech called DualFoi, but then the game might become too easy because the tech still has a cost of 3TP.

Tell me what you think! 8)
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby SirJason » Fri May 7, '10, 4:24 pm

I like the achievements/gamer score/trophies page.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take to create the achievements?
SirJason
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 16

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More