Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: PSIV remake with Alys as the main char.

Postby Celeith » Sat May 8, '10, 7:35 pm

I like the idea of achievements. It gives the completionists as well as solo challenge players like me something to strive for when playing a game. I like games that give you some reward for your hard work, whether it be a super strong item, or just a small trophy.. Thats why I love the PS3, it makes me feel accomplished when I do something instead of saying hey I did it to my friends.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun May 9, '10, 10:07 pm

Quick little update:

I tweaked around with the settings in the Mode7 script, and got this effect.

-I'm removing the Blacksmith and Apothecary systems.
- Full orchestral soundtrack to be expected. It will be like watching a movie, I promise you. The game's release date will probably be pushed back to as late as July.
-Added a change in the Zio saga (chapters 1-11) where the storyline will branch if the player manages to train Alys up to lvl 35. Expect some very interesting things to happen. Not as easy as it sounds. Alys is the hardest character to train in the game. I took around 2 hours to get her to that level. Background info on the Hunter will be revealed as well, like why she hates her nickname so much... This is her real nickname, in the below fan art of mine.

'Yatsuzaki' means 'tearing from limb to limb' or 'tearing apart' in Japanese. Makes the player wonder... The American translators got it all wrong. No offense to you Yanks, but eight in Japanese is haichi, not yatsu, depending whether it is written in hirigana or katakana.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Kein_Mitleid » Mon May 10, '10, 12:42 am

I'm removing the Blacksmith and Apothecary systems.

NO!!!!!!! :faint:

- Full orchestral soundtrack to be expected. It will be like watching a movie, I promise you. The game's release date will probably be pushed back to as late as July.
-Added a change in the Zio saga (chapters 1-11) where the storyline will branch if the player manages to train Alys up to lvl 35. Expect some very interesting things to happen. Not as easy as it sounds. Alys is the hardest character to train in the game. I took around 2 hours to get her to that level. Background info on the Hunter will be revealed as well, like why she hates her nickname so much... This is her real nickname, in the below fan art of mine.

Very nice development here! And it will take most people more than 2 hours!

This is getting so exciting!
Kein_Mitleid
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 5

Postby Celeith » Mon May 10, '10, 9:46 pm

I love the Mode7 you used.. I've tried to do that with some of my projects before and it flomped so grats.. If only the mountains were bigger then the trees though lol
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Arekusandora » Wed May 12, '10, 4:07 am

Looking really awesome :o Sorry I've been M.I.A My internet was down all this days. Got the CS4 Master Collection today and finally my tablet is running better than ever, thank God T.T
Now I can work on Photoshop like it's suppose to work, finally.
The Lone Wolf
Made from the best stuff on earth.
Arekusandora
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 2

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed May 12, '10, 2:20 pm

Oooo...I LOVE the new look of the map, Lyla. :up:
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Rick » Thu May 13, '10, 5:58 am

- Full orchestral soundtrack to be expected. It will be like watching a movie, I promise you.

I feel so sad.. First my music gets horribly changed by ogg conversion and now it vanishes to the wind..

So sad..

Still an awesome game and awesome emulation of mode-7. Almost as good as the mode-7 using games on the genesis.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby Lyla2284 » Fri May 14, '10, 8:13 am

Rick wrote:
- Full orchestral soundtrack to be expected. It will be like watching a movie, I promise you.

I feel so sad.. First my music gets horribly changed by ogg conversion and now it vanishes to the wind..

So sad..

Still an awesome game and awesome emulation of mode-7. Almost as good as the mode-7 using games on the genesis.

I'm sorry, Rick, but if you want your music in the game, can you perhaps do an awesome PS4 remix intro tune for me? I've already credited you of course, since you offered to help me in the first place. :) The file size is actually smaller now (from 152mb to 108mb :happy_marle: ) even though the gameplay has been extended from 2-4 hours depending on how you play. Mainly because the Audio folder is smaller and the tracks I've been sent loop beautifully. And they are now in mp3 format.

Some new screen shots:

Awwww...... have to love those sprites... My favourite scene in the game.

Achievements that I've implemented so far.

Burst Touch - Use the Foi tech more than 40 times. The tech is then upgraded.
Ice Heart - Use the Wat tech 45 times. The tech is also upgraded. They become Master Techs.
Blitzkrieg - Use the Tsu tech 50 times or more. Another upgrade for this tech.
Terrible Fury - ??? But it's worth 125 GS points and gets the player a Gold achievement. Plus you get a class promotion. Awesome, epic stuff.... Very difficult, though.
Wayfarer - Walked more than 30,000 steps.
Anyone up for Sandworm eggs? - Defeat the Mile sandworm.

There are several more, but that would spoil the whole game. ;) I'm also going to add some really challenging ones, like The Lone Wolf and Last Stand.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Oakley2284 » Fri May 14, '10, 12:41 pm

For the first picture (in tonoe). I think that was not a house, that was a Stand who motavian sell some stuff.
Oakley AW2284, on planet Motavia
Oakley2284
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 105

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat May 15, '10, 9:14 am

Gryz wrote:For the first picture (in tonoe). I think that was not a house, that was a Stand who motavian sell some stuff.

The maps for Tonoe and Krup are different in my game. They aren't carbon copies of the original maps.

I've just created the perfect boss as well. Very difficult to beat, and it uses a different battle pattern, which results in unpredictable outcomes. In fact, this boss is so hard, I've only managed to beat it twice out of the twenty or so times I fought it. You'll never get the same pattern if you replay the fight. Plus, it has a timer set to it. Beat it in less that 8 minutes, or the player will get a game over... Your chars have to be around lvl 25+ for this one. Less health than Juza (2963 HP) and Zio (3889 HP), but thrice as hard.

(Note: This boss will only be avaliable under certain conditions).

Some more screencaps:

Outskirts of Krup.

And finally, here's Rika's sprite.
It's quite cute, if I say so myself. Even if I don't like her...

PS: Should I add more classes that can be unlocked? As well as more skills? What do you guys think?
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More