Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: PSIV remake with Alys as the main char.

Postby Solar » Sat May 15, '10, 10:58 am

That boss sure sounds tough. Remember that the game will be about twice as hard for players as it is for you, the designer. Though in this case I guess it's ok, since it's an optional boss. Add whatever content you like, skills, classes - you name it. But remember to keep the completion of the game as a top priority - don't bite more than you can chew.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun May 16, '10, 9:54 am

The game isn't that hard you know. :D If you can beat Phantasy Star 2, then you can beat this game. Not that I ever beat that game... *shrugs nonchalantly* You just have to use a little bit of brain-power, that's all. This game strikes a balance between the difficulties, you know. Not as hard as PS2, but waaay harder than PS4. I want to make the game enjoyable as well, If it becomes too hard, then the player will become frustrated and give up. That's what happened to me in PS2. I stopped playing after Climatrol... :oops:
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon May 17, '10, 8:45 am

Quick little update:

-The tech upgrading finally works. Here are some screenshots.

Only low-level techs will upgrade, as upgrading the higher techs would result in characters becoming over-powered.

Here are some planned tech upgrades:
- Wat: IceHeart
- Tsu - Blitzkrieg ( It also gets a thunder element added to it, making it effective against mechas. Tsu is not a thunder spell, it's a light-based spell.)
-Zan - Twister

Equipping the right armour is also vital to surviving battles. If correctly equipped, damage reduction will be cut by 50%. The game quite literally kicks your behind. Even I struggle at times... Experimentation is the key to survival. I've got a few strategies planned out already.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Rick » Tue May 18, '10, 3:36 am

How about..

if you can beat the original FINAL FANTASY on the NES with all the glitches, useless spells, useless items, 1 hit kill gas dragons on second floor of Chaos shrine.. 99 potions isn't enough, Limited spells, screwed over stat gains, 2 missing spells in shops..

Then you can beat this!

I've only beat the original Final Fantasy cart 1 time in all my years of owning it. I have no idea how I avoided the gas dragons and beat it.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue May 18, '10, 8:45 am

Rick wrote:How about..

if you can beat the original FINAL FANTASY on the NES with all the glitches, useless spells, useless items, 1 hit kill gas dragons on second floor of Chaos shrine.. 99 potions isn't enough, Limited spells, screwed over stat gains, 2 missing spells in shops..

Then you can beat this!

I've only beat the original Final Fantasy cart 1 time in all my years of owning it. I have no idea how I avoided the gas dragons and beat it.

0_0.... Whoa, that game sounds completely unplayable. But if you survived that mess, then I whole-heartedly congratulate you. You'll be fine in my game. :D

Some manual pages I've been working on. It just makes the game feel more professional, if you know what I mean. I put alot of time and effort into it, at the expense of studying for my exams...><

Megid in this game is the same as Megid in PS2. 55TP to cast, and it damages your allies (including Alys herself) by 100HP for each turn cast. No-one said it was easy... Hmm, I think I should add Moonshade as well. That skill could prove as invaluable as Hahn's Gelun.

Hahn in your best friend in battle. He'll end up saving your behind more times than your can care to remember. And his Frozen Miasma OverDrive is awesome. That is provided of course, that Hahn survives long enough to cast it. ODs reset when a char is KO'd. Vision + Shift makes and incredible combo as well for stats.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Solar » Tue May 18, '10, 12:19 pm

Those manual pages look like professional work. Well done.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue May 18, '10, 2:39 pm

Nice pages, Lyla. Also, I whole-heartedly support buffing up Hahn in offense. I always liked him, but found him too weak in most areas. His techs were weak and his defense was weak. But make one better...yay!
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Kein_Mitleid » Wed May 19, '10, 3:24 am

Great artwork in the manual pages.

Though for some reason I thought you'd bump the tech level gains to later (in the neighbourhood of Final Fantasy IV, where Rydia gains the game's strongest spell Meteo at level 60 and Rosa gains Holy at 55), to make it more likely that players will be reaching the higher levels. Of course, level 35 is fine too, but I bet my bottom dollar that 99% of players will still get their asses kicked by common enemies at that level - but it still isn't as bad as FFI haha!
Kein_Mitleid
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 5

Postby Rick » Wed May 19, '10, 3:39 am

Yeah Lyla. The original Final Fantasy NES in english was very buggy and glitchy.

The worst was if you use a cottage to heal your HP and Magic charges, when it saved the game, you restarted it with no hp restored and no restored charges because of the order the game saves. XD

Also, Magic was.. You would end up at lv 30 with your spells like this.. 7/6/5/4/3/2 meaning you had only 7 charges for lv 1 and each spell cost a charge. Only Inns or cottages restore charges..

I could go on and on but look it up. Gamefaqs has a lovely faq on it XD

Anyways, The added difficulty is great. You should have Zio cast a alternate version of magic barrier which would need certain tech combos to damage him. I always found it sad that you cancelled his barrier and the AI had him a pushover.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed May 19, '10, 9:33 pm

Rick wrote:Anyways, The added difficulty is great. You should have Zio cast a alternate version of magic barrier which would need certain tech combos to damage him. I always found it sad that you cancelled his barrier and the AI had him a pushover.

Well, you have given me an idea that would make the Zio fight much harder, but the characters have to be at a certain level before he activates his secondary barrier, since the spells needed are the only ones that can break through this new barrier. Not even the Psycho-Wand will work. Thanks for the idea! ;)

Oh, and I've added some extra armour for Hahn to equip. Boy, does that lovable nerd need the extra defense! :D

Some more manual images.

I don't buy the fact that Shorty is 176cm as described in the Compendium...
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More