Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: PSIV remake with Alys as the main char.

Postby AirWolF » Tue Apr 13, '10, 1:38 pm

Lyla, as always great. I wish i had same determination at my RPG engine project :) Best regards to you! :)
I hate my soul... It's burning (c) Ethaar Alviere (Utopia Stories: The Fall)
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
AirWolF
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 7

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Apr 13, '10, 4:56 pm

Well, it's been awhile since I updated this thread, so I'll get straight into it. Lot's of images coming up.

Updates:

-Game size has gone from 115mb to 142mb in size.

-Now using pseudo-3d battlebacks for the battles. I used a special script to generate it.

Some more battlebacks.

The new Bio-plant battleback.

Piata Academy battleback.

-Updated the visuals of all the menus.

I may implement First-Person perspective in the dungeons like PS1, but I'm having trouble with the script.

-Added several new songs, nearly all of them by Enya.

Worked on the new NPC sprites. I've only done about 8 of them. They still need more shading.

And arekusandora, I'll be more than happy to accept your help. :) I was seriously thinking of cancelling the entire darn project because it's just getting to much, but I'll see how it goes. It's all in the hands of the community... Otherwise I'll never update this thread again or release it's demo.

That's all I'm saying. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Solar » Tue Apr 13, '10, 5:49 pm

The battlebacks are nice. I notice they use VX tiles. Is that script only good for XP or can it make BG's for VX as well? In any case, I'd appreciate if you could share it. But 3D dungeons? You sure? You know, YOU decide how much work this project is... and 3D dungeons sound like a lot of work. Still, I'm interested to see how that'd turn out... but it's your decision.

Don't you dare threaten us like that. :/ As a fan community, we are always giving your project the best support and will continue to do so with every update you post. If you really do feel tired of it, though - then, like you told me yourself: Don't do it. Just take a break off the project instead and continue when you feel more motivated. There's so much great material in this project already that may not go to waste.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby Arekusandora » Tue Apr 13, '10, 8:24 pm

Don't give up ok? Just take things easy and continue when you feel better. It's a lot of work but in the end it will all be worth it, I assure you ;)
The Lone Wolf
Made from the best stuff on earth.
Arekusandora
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 2

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Apr 13, '10, 8:58 pm

Yes, but I would appreciate proper feedback. It's a game after all, it's meant to be played, and not to ogle pretty screenies. I'm just going to ask a simple question.

How many of you have actually played the game instead of ogling the project? That's what I'm looking for.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Arekusandora » Wed Apr 14, '10, 2:24 am

you're right. I saw this just two days ago, but I'll download it as soon as possible and give you good feedback.
The Lone Wolf
Made from the best stuff on earth.
Arekusandora
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 2

Postby Kein_Mitleid » Wed Apr 14, '10, 5:17 am

This game made me stay awake and not study for several important exams. I leveled to insanely high levels!

The 3D dungeons sure look like a lot of work... if it's too much (and no one here can blame you for thinking so if that is your thought on it), you can put that aside for now. Take as much time as necessary to finish your project. I enjoyed your demo so, so much. I can only imagine how good the full version will be.
Kein_Mitleid
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 5

Postby AirWolF » Wed Apr 14, '10, 11:37 am

I actually played your demo :D And you know that :wink: So... Well, I'm working when even 1 man is interested in my work, and you've got many fans out there, you shouldn't stop if there is no any serious reason, or your fans (including me) will be disappointed. So keep moving on! :up:
I hate my soul... It's burning (c) Ethaar Alviere (Utopia Stories: The Fall)
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
AirWolF
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 7

Postby PSjunkie » Wed Apr 14, '10, 12:56 pm

What's this I hear Lyla, dont make me quote your PM to me about my fan game.
Im not as far as you with my fan game, it's hard work and it was getting a bit much so I took a break, a few days maybe, even a week, do something crazy, whatever floats your boat. :)
Just don't give up you got it, don't make me kick you up the backside.

Ive played thru BANL twice so far and im going playing again a few times a week, it gives me motivation to keep at my fan game, just knowing someone can make a PS fan game of that quality makes me know that I can do the same.

If you need groupies, there's me and this chick --> :happy_marle:

Edit:
Keep the battle backs theyre awesome, you need to show me how you did them, id make my own after I learnt how ofcourse.
If you feel it's getting to much just stick with your normal dungeon maps, it doesnt have to look PS1ish, I love the idea though. I love your spriting, it gives it a better PSish feel.
I know I offered you help but im no good with promoting and advertising, sorry.
PSjunkie
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 30

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Apr 14, '10, 9:46 pm

Kein_Mitleid wrote:This game made me stay awake and not study for several important exams. I leveled to insanely high levels!

Really? What levels were you characters when you stopped playing? The highest I managed was only lvl 35 with Alys (she's the hardest char to train, btw), and my playtime was something like 9 and a half hours. :D Bear in mind that the levels aren't finalised yet. The stats only remain true to the original until lvl 30 or so for all characters (I had to enter all the stats manually, it was a pain to do...) then start to go a bit wonky...

But when the new demo is eventually released, training will be even easier as you can spawn those nasty buggers.... the Sandworms.

Sorry about the lost study time. Hopefully, you'll still pass. :)

And PSJ, you won't have to kick my behind. I'm too far away, anyway, living at the bottomost corner of Africa. :D (I'm South African, for those of you who don't know it yet).
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More