What was the last game you beat?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What was the last game you beat?

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Oct 11, '14, 6:39 am

Well, tonight, I beat two games. I finished Mutant Mudds, all levels and achievements. Since I got it as a PS Plus freebie, not much to complain about. Side scrolling platformer, decent controls, balanced difficulty curve, well-designed levels, not much in terms of cheap deaths. Fun while it lasted. Nothing really outstanding, but solid.

I also, FINALLY, finished the main campaign of Borderlands. I can't say I totally expected the final boss to be what it was, but it presented a good challenge. Took me a few tries and leaving the area once to restock on health kits and ammo, but I managed to take it down. I'm glad that even after you finish the game, you can keep playing to clean up side missions and take on the DLC, which is going to be my next undertaking for this game. I used to think I didn't like first-person shooters, but I've discovered that an FPS with a solid single-player campaign is quite enjoyable for me. I enjoyed this game a lot more than I expected, and I'm really glad I picked it up, and since I got the game of the year edition for $10, talk about a total steal.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Bragatyr » Sat Oct 11, '14, 11:50 pm

I beat Mega Man 3 the other night, just picked it up recently after never owning it before, oddly enough. Great game, great music.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Flames of Yagami » Wed Oct 15, '14, 4:04 am

Nice! Mega Man 3 is probably my favorite game in the Classic Series, even more so than 2, believe it or not.

As for me, I completed The Last of Us Remastered on Friday. I beat it on normal, but yesterday, I decided to tackle New Game + on Grounded Mode, the hardest difficulty available (I guess I just have a deathwish). Boy, does it make Normal Mode feel like a walk in the park. Among other things, enemies kill you in 2-3 hits, supplies are almost nonexistent, and worst of all, you don't get checkpoints during an encounter until after you've completed it. So far, I have gotten past the hotel basement in the Pittsburgh chapter. I barely managed to survive; the bloater's spores killed me the moment I walked through the exit, but luckily, it was enough to trigger a checkpoint, so I'm glad I don't have to redo that encounter again. :D
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Wed Oct 15, '14, 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Oct 15, '14, 1:21 pm

Kudos to you for getting THAT far on any difficulty other than normal. I can't even get past that first encounter in the Boston office building on hard!
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby tilinelson2 » Thu Oct 16, '14, 1:46 am

Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light (PSP)

It was interesting. It looked like it would be just a generic RPG, but the battle system is very interesting. The "real" real-time system and the shared mana pool between allies and enemies forces you to take quick decisions, and makes many battles challenging. The fact that enemies can fuse into unbeatable foes if you don't take care is also great. Besides, the length of the game is adequate.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby myau56 » Thu Oct 16, '14, 12:17 pm

Ah Blade Dancer ! I've started to play it some years ago on my PSP but only a few hours and that was great ! Congratulations about this "beated game" Tili ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Flames of Yagami » Fri Oct 17, '14, 3:40 am

I just finished my Grounded playthrough for The Last of Us. :relieved:

Never... again... I'll leave it at that

The next time I play through this game (which probably won't be for awhile unless you count the Left Behind DLC), it will definitely be set back to normal (or maybe even easy, just to have fun blasting those darned clickers).
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Fri Oct 17, '14, 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Oct 17, '14, 1:26 pm

The Left Behind DLC is worth a playthrough. Sets up some background, fills in a story gap, and is genuinely funny in some places.

Wolf Bird

Postby tilinelson2 » Tue Oct 21, '14, 1:29 pm

myau56 wrote:Ah Blade Dancer ! I've started to play it some years ago on my PSP but only a few hours and that was great ! Congratulations about this "beated game" Tili ! :)

Everybody I talked to hasn't finished Blade Dancer, though it is a rather short game. I believe the "novelty" of its combat system hasn't helped much.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Oct 23, '14, 3:25 am

I finished Doki Doki Universe this evening, 100% and all achievements. Made a lot of progress on my 3 hour commute home today...normally it's 1 hour to an hour and a half, but it seems that everyone in Boston thinks that rain just can't possibly happen, and when it does, it seems the city collectively loses its ability to operate a motor vehicle. So traffic was slow, a bus with space for more passengers was late coming, and the actual ride home was slowed down. Fortunately, I had my Vita in my bag to pass the time, made a lot of progress and finished the last planet after dinner. It was a fun little game, relaxing to play, brought on a few laughs with a strange sense of humor, and was occasionally even a little touching. I would recommend it if you're looking for something cute and laid back to play.

Though after today I do wonder what the winter will be like, and why anyone would live in New England without being able to cope with things like rain and snow.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Thu Oct 23, '14, 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf Bird

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming