What was the last game you beat?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What was the last game you beat?

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Nov 16, '14, 7:43 pm

I just beat Breath of Fire IV last night. Great game, nice music. I think I officially like Breath of Fire more than Final Fantasy now.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby R-90-2 » Sat Jan 10, '15, 5:39 pm

Well, as of this morning, Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (FC). The next game can't come out soon enough. Also, here's a little something for the rest of you who want that optional win against Lorence but need a bit of help.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Bragatyr » Tue Jan 13, '15, 5:25 am

Just bear Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter, which probably took a few years off my life, but great game. Some of the most atmospheric, intense RPG action I've experienced in a long time, legitimately difficult and punishing, but ultimately very rewarding.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Tanith » Wed Jan 14, '15, 4:39 pm

I recently finished To The Moon, which, despite hearing good things about, didn't live up to my expectations. The story was disappointing, and that's the big draw (perhaps the only draw) of this game. I felt like the wish fulfillment was delivered at the expense of the man's true memories of his wife, and his altered memories were a treacly mess of a no-regrets life. It's made worse by the two characters from the Agency, who constantly point out during their memory implantation that their work doesn't have to be realistic for their subjects to believe it.

So... people are that stupid? Nice message.

The puzzles were so boring I wondered why they were included at all.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Aeroprism » Wed Jan 14, '15, 4:43 pm

Tanith: Oh well. I bought it and it was on my to play list. I'll bump it down.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Tanith » Wed Jan 14, '15, 4:58 pm

You may like it. I seem to be the only person in the universe to criticize it.

The soundtrack was nice, at least.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Jan 19, '15, 7:01 am

Just beat my survivor difficulty run of The Last of Us. Man oh man, that was HARD, but much more rewarding than the easier difficulties. You can NOT blast your way through. You gotta think, plan, and manage your resources well.

The hardest part, I'd say, was the sniper section after Pittsburgh. The fight in the mill in winter was second.

I died soooo many times...
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Mon Jan 19, '15, 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby PathfinderCS » Tue Jan 27, '15, 7:52 am

Last Monday, I did a second play through of Journey, then beat Limbo after that.

Journey: Such a special game; might make it into my top-12. The send time around felt MUCH more special now that I had some traveling companions this time. I doubted that they would leave much impact, but by god they surely did. Hard for me to explain why though...

Limbo: It's a game of two halves for me. It felt like a special game during the first half, but for me it lost steam in the second half; though it was still really good! Definitely worth at least one play through.

Edit: Before those, also beat Wolfenstein: The New Order. A VERY good game with a nice story, IMO.
Last edited by PathfinderCS on Tue Jan 27, '15, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd say the sky's the limit!" - Spyro
PathfinderCS
Agent
Agent

Location: With the stars, sailing the blackness of the universe.
Achievements: 20

Postby Tanith » Tue Jan 27, '15, 8:23 am

PathfinderCS wrote:Edit: Before those, also beat Wolfenstein: The New Order. A VERY good game with a nice story, IMO.
I've been meaning to get this one. I don't know if my computer can handle it, though.

My husband is trying to get into "Destiny," but he's new to online multiplayers. He's more of a single player guy. Also, Destiny's story is BORING, its universe is BORING, and the designs are BORING. Even Peter Dinklage's voice acting causes yawning. I know he's voicing a "ghost" (a hovering robot cube that does roboty chores for the Guardians and "helpfully" shouts, "Here comes another wave!" WHEN YOU ALREADY HEAR THE ENEMIES because the enemies all sound like someone scraping two pieces of aluminum siding together while standing in an empty subway station), but ugh. Can't he bust out the dry robot humor or something? The game needs some serious oomph and a friggin' reason to be interested in it (well, the controls are pretty nice, at least). The tedious level-grinding is embarrassing for a current-generation AAA game. I mean, the game doesn't even get started until you're, like, level 20. Sheesh.

Anyway, said husband would probably enjoy Wolfenstein more.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby TDG » Wed Jan 28, '15, 6:01 am

Just finished Phantasy Star 4, and damn, I feel like I am going through a detox after have played that game for days and having been thinking about the subject for weeks.
I now really need to find either something new to occupy my thoughts, or play another older game and focus my thoughts completely on that.

Tempted to play Fallout New Vegas or Deus Ex 1 again.

Regarding the new Wolfenstein, I loved the previous two entries (yes Wolfenstein 2009) for their whimsical Indiana Jones vibe which gave the franchise a slightly light tone despite taking place in such a dark time period.
The whole super science/super natural stuff felt great and really tied into all the conspiracy stuff that has been going around Na-zi Germany since (such as rumors about the Na-zis working on stuff like death rays, flying saucers, or harnessing the power of the supernatural for warfare).

Perhaps the new Wolfenstein is better regarding level design than the previous one but from what I saw of it it felt like such a standard game and I did not like the story telling.
It feels like the designers had taken a look at the Bioshock games and decided to create a Na-zi Fantasy Land in which all their ridiculous dreams about architecture became a reality.

Perhaps I have outgrown the Wolfenstein franchise.

(I can't write Na-zi connected? It is not like I am promoting their ideology or something)
TDG
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 40

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming