What was the last game you beat?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What was the last game you beat?

Postby Aeroprism » Mon Jun 9, '14, 7:37 pm

Borderlands 1 was a really fun game. Borderlands 2 took it to an entirely new level with tons of new concepts and incredibly funny DLCs. I spent about 90 hours on BL2 but in the end, the constant gratuitous killing got to me. i mean, in my hundreds upon hundreds of PSO hours, it was easy to shoot down Dimenians and Canadines without end because they are dehumanized enemies but in BL2, when you get a quest with one single objective: to shoot the face off of a guy named Face McShooty, a suicidal maniac, I kind of drift away.

So yeah, in my opinion, with a smidge less murdering, BL2 would have been perfect.
Last edited by Aeroprism on Mon Jun 9, '14, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby myau56 » Mon Jun 9, '14, 9:38 pm

The last game I have beaten is Zelda The Minish Cap on GBA ! At last ! ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby S4Blade » Sun Jun 15, '14, 3:04 pm

I finally finished Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory HD on PS3 the other day. I went on a binge on one of the my days off and finished the last 2 missions in one day, which took a long time. I really enjoyed playing the game again, but I honestly don't see why people say this game is so much better than the first 2 Splinter Cell games. In my opinion, the AI is pretty bad compared to the first two games, and if you are a seasoned Splinter Cell player then Chaos Theory is a breeze. After I was done I felt like I should have played the game on the Expert difficulty setting, maybe I would have enjoyed it a little more.

This completes my play throughs of all three games in the HD trilogy remakes. I really enjoyed playing all three games again, and for $15 for the trilogy it's quite a steal. Even if the multiplayer has been removed, it's well worth it for the single player games alone.

I would move on to Double Agent next, but I've played through it before and I didn't like it very much. So the next Splinter Cell game I play will be Conviction. Not sure when, but sometime soon.
Last edited by S4Blade on Sun Jun 15, '14, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Solar » Sun Jun 15, '14, 3:21 pm

Wolf Among Us. Took me only two days to get through the 4 episodes that have come out. (didn't replay to see the alternate choices, though) Can't wait for the final episode. Very entertaining game, or interactive novel, if you will.
Last edited by Solar on Sun Jun 15, '14, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Jun 18, '14, 2:05 pm

The other day I finished flOw on my Vita. I can definitely say I've never played anything quite like it. The tilt controls were a bit hard to get used to, but the game wasn't designed around competing against anything. When it boots, it even says just says 'relax…go with the flOw'. So even if the controls were a little wonky at times, it was hard to get really frustrated or anything.

I have Flower, which is from the same developer, and I'll eventually be playing that.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Wed Jun 18, '14, 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Jul 21, '14, 7:24 pm

Today on the bus I finished Lone Survivor, all endings and platinum trophy. Good game, glad I grabbed it when it went up on PS Plus.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby R-90-2 » Wed Jul 30, '14, 11:21 pm

Finished the Monster Party prototype. Harder than the original due to a couple of feature differences, but done all the same.

...I don't know how to feel about being good at Monster Party.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Bragatyr » Fri Aug 1, '14, 2:28 am

I just finished Metroid Fusion, loved it. It does have some similarities to Other M with the linearity and "authorization" system, which is kind of funny considering how maligned that game is, but this one was really fun. Some nice music in it, too.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Aug 1, '14, 5:46 am

Last thing I finished was the Left Behind DLC for The Last of Us. Well worth it. I liked the new mechanic of instigating fights between infected and hunters to stealth around them all, and there were a lot of funny moments. Now, I wanted to beat it on hard, but the first encounter with a group of stalkers kept killing me, so I ended up on normal. I guess survival-horror isn't my thing.

Wolf Bird

Postby S4Blade » Mon Sep 1, '14, 5:01 pm

I finished my 2nd play through of No More Heroes on the Wii last week. I feel like I enjoyed the game even more when I played through it a second time. It's probably one of my favorite console games ever. It's so much fun, and it has some really great boss fights.

Then I tried playing Demon's Souls on PS3 and I didn't like it very much. It's like they purposely made the controls awkward and cumbersome just so you die all the time. Not my kind of game, so I quit playing that.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming