What was the last game you beat?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What was the last game you beat?

Postby myau56 » Tue Apr 29, '14, 12:09 pm

Ah ! Someone who agree about the game mechanics ! They are so "heavy", like a burden.. but yes the OST (I have it !) is mainly great ! (Ah One Winged angel... ;) and many others :!).
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu May 8, '14, 3:44 am

Just finished Gex: Enter the Gecko. I did not 100% it though, but I can't say I particularly want to. It's definitely a solid platformer for its era, but the last couple of levels were plagued with difficulties with the camera and judging depth to make some of those jumps. Final boss was a bit of a joke, but again, I sort of expect that from 90s era 3-D platformers.

That said, though, the game had personality and a good sense of humor, for sure. A lot of references are definitely dated and there's more than a few groaners, but there's plenty of references and jokes Gex makes throughout the game, differing depending on the theme of the level, that are truly, genuinely funny.

Not sure what the next new thing is. I had started the first Sly game on the HD collection, but I may set that aside for the time being, as I'm platformed out for a bit. Also still have BioShock for my rare FPS fix, so I may check out some of the other indie games I downloaded from PS Plus.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Thu May 8, '14, 12:28 pm

I've just finished the first ending of 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 doors ! Great game like I've said before.. I'm eager to see the 5 other endings and discover all the mysteries of this fantastic game :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat May 10, '14, 5:25 am

Tonight I beat the indie puzzle-platformer Thomas Was Alone. I liked the narration and the cute story. Like Brothers, I beat it 100%, all achievements included, in less than 5 total hours of gameplay. None of the puzzles stumped me, but a few took a couple tries. Good game, and didn't overstay its welcome. I like my puzzle-platformers short.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby PathfinderCS » Mon May 12, '14, 5:20 am

Just beat Ryse: Son of Rome in a single sitting. It's a short game, but it's fun. It can be a bit repetitive gameplay-wise and the story is nothing special, but for six hours worth of being a ROMAN SOLDIER is fun.
"I'd say the sky's the limit!" - Spyro
PathfinderCS
Agent
Agent

Location: With the stars, sailing the blackness of the universe.
Achievements: 20

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon May 12, '14, 5:27 am

Tonight my boyfriend and I beat Saints Row the Third. Boy, that was BIZARRE. In a good way. Certainly a deviation from the previous title, which was an outrageous but still reality-grounded gang simulator. This threw that out the window and I know SR4 just goes even crazier.

Wolf Bird

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat May 17, '14, 10:52 pm

I just beat and platinumed Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus on the HD Collection. Good platformer. I couldn't get into it when it was first released, but I loved it this time around.

Wolf Bird

Postby PathfinderCS » Sun May 18, '14, 7:45 am

Wolf Bird wrote:I just beat and platinumed Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus on the HD Collection. Good platformer. I couldn't get into it when it was first released, but I loved it this time around.

Out of curiosity (and personal experience) what did you like about it better the second time around?
"I'd say the sky's the limit!" - Spyro
PathfinderCS
Agent
Agent

Location: With the stars, sailing the blackness of the universe.
Achievements: 20

Postby myau56 » Sun May 18, '14, 10:15 am

I've never played any Sly Racoon game : are they great ones ? :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun May 18, '14, 2:37 pm

Captain Spyro wrote:Out of curiosity (and personal experience) what did you like about it better the second time around?

I'm not entirely sure, to be quite honest. I think back in the early 2000s, Ratchet & Clank was far and away my favorite platformer, as it really mixed up a genre that had kind of stagnated a bit (collect-a-thon and all that). Jak & Daxter failed to grab me back and then as well, and both it and Sly, at least to me back then, failed to do what R&C did. Now a bit removed from that (and more mature) I was more able to appreciate Sly (and to a lesser extent, *) this time around from the standpoint of a bit of throwback. Plus, the HD upgrade and 60 frames per second really made the colors shine through and it looked awesome.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sun May 18, '14, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf Bird

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming