Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: PSIV remake with Alys as the main char.

Postby Abominae » Sat Nov 14, '09, 8:21 pm

7 days till mine -_-.

Nice update. Any updates to the current demo tho?
Abominae
Hunter
Hunter

Achievements: 27

Postby Celeith » Sat Nov 14, '09, 10:06 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:Of course you can add it to your Youtube channel, Kaloes. :D Is it true that you soloed FFXII with Ashe alone?! Wow, that's pretty darn good, seeing as FFXII was a bit hard for me. Then again, Ashe was the only char I trained up to lvl 99. :D She's an excellent all-rounder. Anyway, back on topic...

Yea I beat the game solo using Ashe by herself and it was extremely hard.. Had to overlevel plenty of times even for some of the simple bosses. How'd you know I beat it with her though.. Are you a GF user and saw that message a year ago? Just curious. Wish I would have recorded it but I don't have the tools to get any info from my PS2 to my PC. And ps2 emulators don't like my PC that well.

Oh that reminds me.. Did you do anything to the scripts for my game? I ask cuz the email you sent me only had the monsters, so was just wondering if your gonna send anything else involving the battle system. You said you worked out the overdrive system? or was it blitz.. I can't remember.. Away I go *whistles*
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Nov 17, '09, 11:37 am

Abominae wrote:7 days till mine -_-.

Nice update. Any updates to the current demo tho?

What you see is the screens from the actual current demo that I'm planning to release in a few weeks/months, Abom. :wink: It's a vast improvement over the demo that is currently avaliable, and I have to admit, I wasn't 100% satisfied with the results. You can call me a perfectionist if you want.

I'll have even less time next year because I'll be doing my BA in English. So my leisurely days are drawing to a close... :(

Just for fun, here are some early screens from my game, dating back to June. 'shudder' Horrible, what was I thinking?

Standard RTP here. Doesn't work at all. And Alys has the Cloud syndrome aka huge sword on back. :lol:

Ancient menu layout. 'gah' :ill: The stat numbers are virtually illegible and the artwork clashes.

Rune's old stat window.

See, I had to start off somewhere. Even my project was horrible in the beginning. :wink: Hope this inspires some fan-game makers out there.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Nov 28, '09, 7:45 am

Sorry about the lack of updates, I got stuck into playing the Sims 3. Awesome game. Out of 75 critic reviews, the game still garners an average of 87%. Now that is pretty impressive. I actually re-created the PS4 cast in that game, their real-life versions. :) Anyway, back on topic. I'm planning a major demo release for the 17th of December.

This time the game will be extended to the point where the group confronts Zio for the second time, ( think of it as an early Christmas pressie, Darkil, I know how you simply adore Zio :D ) and you will see Chaz's long-awaited death scene. :wink: The demo will be extended from about 4 and a half hours to about 6 or so hours, which is barely halfway through the full-game version. :) I've edited the status windows a bit in the screens below, seeing as they were the only windows I wasn't entirely happy with.

So, that's about all for now. Back to my Simming. :D Not that I'm abandoning my project, of course. :)
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Darkil » Tue Dec 1, '09, 2:09 pm

For me Lyla? Aww you shouldn't have! Did I ever tell you that you're pretty much my favorite person ever? ::shamlessly brown nosing:: I can't wait to see this update, sounds HUGE!
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun Jan 3, '10, 10:45 am

Sorry for the severe lack of updates, but I've been really, really busy with stuff. And yeah, this new release will be HUGE. I'm redoing all the towns and exteriors, in true classic PS4 style, with updated graphics of course. :wink:

Overworld Motavia. Took me about 5 hours to map the entire thing, then had to take individual snapshots, scaled down to 25%, then merged together in Paint Shop Pro 8.

Redone Piata. So far I've completed Mile, Krup, Zema and Nalya. I left Tonoe as is, because I liked the new layout. The real challenge still lies ahead, and that will be re-creating the Hunter's City, Aiedo. :) Huge map.

I've also readjusted all the characters stats, so they are more or less the same as the original PS4's, so no more huge numbers for HP and TP. And just to get an idea of how powerful Alys is in this game, well, think of a female Rolf with multi-hit capabilities. Makes Chaz look like a sitting duck. 8) Oh, and she gets the healing spells once promoted. Level her up enough, and she could single - handedly take down PDarky. Without relying on any of the other chars. Now that's what I call powerful. Rune becomes even more powerful once he promotes to Sage, as well.

The base formulas are similar as well, for example Strength influencing ATK power and Mental influencing MDEF. Only difference is that the Dexterity stat now influences base DEF, instead of the Agility stat like in the original PS4, so it's no longer a 'wussy' stat. :wink:

Well, that's that. I could use with more feedback from the fans. :)
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Jan 3, '10, 4:02 pm

Lyla, like me, you seem to enjoy making characters you like rather powerful. If you want to play with that, here's an idea for you. You need an item in the game similar to Earthbound's rock candy. What rock candy does when used is boost a random stat permanently by one point. But here's the interesting thing with it...when used in battle with a condiment if the rock candy is the last item in the character's inventory (I THINK that's required, not 100% sure on that) only the condiment is spent. When used with the right condiment (i.e., sugar packet or jar of delisauce), the stat boost is two points instead of one. I've been playing with this in my 1/128 item run (8 items to go! <--shameless plug) and Ness' stats are getting beyond ridiculous. Put something like that in your game if you want to make your powerful characters more so.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lucas » Mon Jan 4, '10, 7:48 am

After seeing all the screenshots and reading all the updates I think this game looks very promising. Kudos to you Lyla for putting this game together and staying with it :up: , I don’t reckon I could have ever tried to remake a game and stood by it without sidetracking even if I didn’t want too.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon Jan 4, '10, 1:24 pm

Yeah, I like my powerful chars, CW, and there are ways of boosting their stats. For example, good 'ol Al can go into bars and order drinks and get stat boosts (or stat decreases), from ordering certain 'brews'. :D The most powerful stat boosts come from Promotions. The player can also buy stat-enhancing items from the new Special Merchant in the Guild Store, but only from completing a certain number of Guild quests. The player can also get access to a new form of medicine by completing a certain Guild quest. And the Dean of the Academy will pay Alys her fee after she pays him a visit after the unfortunate sequence of events at Zio's Fort.

And Lucas, thanks for the support. Did I mention my game's been in development for exactly one year now? :wink:

Screenie time!

The interiors are reminescent of the original PS4 now.

Overdrive all the way! This former Combination attack becomes avaliable to Rune after he masters both Nawat and Tandle. As usual, it does excellent damage against mechas. (700-900+ dmg). Because RPGMaker XP uses a diffrent battle damage formula, the ordinary monsters HP is much higher than usual, and DF 1 has about 2000+ extra HitPoints.

I'm starting with the weapon animations as well. This is the Laser-Sword's.

And that's it for now. :wink:
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Jan 12, '10, 11:07 am

Edited the first post. It looks much better now. And cast your vote! :D
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More