Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: PSIV remake with Alys as the main char.

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Oct 21, '09, 5:32 pm

Right here, Abom. :D And hell will freeze over before I even think of giving up on this project. I've just been really busy at rpgcrisis.com, another RPG game making site. Quite good actually. I'm in the process of redrawing the character pics that appear in the status and equipment windows. I've done Alys, and am in the process of inking in Wren as I type this. :) I might have a new demo out by the 26th or 27th of this month.

Btw, Abom, how on earth did you become a Revolutionary at rpgrevolution.com? I'm actually having some problems over there. I can't edit my profiles and I can't start any new posts... :( Do you think you could help me out there?

Edit: And no, it's not the bar in Aiedo, but rather in Kadary. :D Perversion is PS4... not far-fetched at all. After all, we do have the perverted information monger that is Dorin, and Alys is a very beautiful woman. :wink:
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Oct 21, '09, 5:42 pm

You forgot to mention you can open a drawer to find Chaz's underwear.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Abominae » Wed Oct 21, '09, 9:52 pm

Sure. I have RPG Revolution open in a new window right now. Let me see if I can get some Screenshots.

Alright.

Abominae
Hunter
Hunter

Achievements: 27

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu Oct 22, '09, 2:32 pm

Thanks for that, Abom. I'll try it out when I get a chance to visit the site again.

Awesome update now:

-Characters can now use OverDrive skills, Blitz skills as well as Combination,Fusion or Union skills. :hyper:

-Overdrive skills:
Will only occur when the Overdrive meter is filled, usually by taking damage,inflicting damage etc.
Here's a screenie below with a lvl 99 Alys and Rune going up against DF1. :lol:

The overdrive meter is situated at the bottom of the screen. It will gradually fill up as your characters deal damage,a nd once the bar has been filled completely, your chars will be able to perform powerful techs or skills. This should make the battles far more exciting. :wink:

Blitz skills:
BUTTON inputting for all you button mashers out there! :D

Screenshot:

I haven't tested the Combo and Fusion skills yet, but they'll be harder to pull of than in the original PS4, due to the fact that you can't store them in a macro.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Tsunami » Sat Oct 24, '09, 8:52 pm

I've seen this project before when I did some browsing sometime back. Amazing work, but I have one small thing that came to mind when looking at the sprites (which look really chibi~ like chibified versions of the original cast xD).

Rika's hair, shouldn't it be a darker shade of pink? It looks kinda off, since if you see her on the map and in battle, then the sprites don't match up.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Oct 27, '09, 5:16 pm

I'll darken Rika's hair, then. Shouldn't take me too long. :wink: And I simply adore those chibi sprites of mine. They're too adorable. It is the standard look in RPGMaker XP, which is the engine I'm using to create the game. All the sprites have that 'chibi' look to them. If you think they're chibis, Tsu, then have a look at this...

Those are the RPGMaker VX's sprites...

That is chibi. :lol: It wouldn't work for a classic PStar game though. The style is way off.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby AirWolF » Tue Oct 27, '09, 5:55 pm

Hi there! I see your project is doing well. Great as always :) BTW, check your PM 8)
I hate my soul... It's burning (c) Ethaar Alviere (Utopia Stories: The Fall)
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
AirWolF
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 7

Postby Tsunami » Wed Oct 28, '09, 10:47 am

@Lyla: Yeah, I've fiddled with the different RPG Makers myself. :D I know how the sprites look, and I think they're all pretty cute~ ^_^

Just sayin' though, yours still look chibi to me, though it's definitely not as chibi as RMXV's sprites, lol. x3

Keep up the good work, Lyla!
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby PSP » Thu Oct 29, '09, 5:12 am

Lyla2284 wrote:That is chibi. :lol: It wouldn't work for a classic PStar game though. The style is way off.

Which is amusing, because PSG1 was originally going to use a Super-deformed look:
http://ps2.ign.com/dor/objects/568282/p ... _pic1.html

-Corey
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Postby Celeith » Thu Oct 29, '09, 11:21 pm

In my opinion I wish they woulda left it chibified.. As much as I love PSIG, I think it woulda been interesting if the battle system was left that way.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More