Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: PSIV remake with Alys as the main char.

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Jan 20, '10, 5:33 pm

Kaloes wrote:This would mean I could have my dream team of Alys, Rune, Demi, Kyra, and Hahn, without having to resort to hacking savestates, or using the Piata-Dezo/Rykros warps.

100+ Points to this

Um... Kaloes, even though I'll be implementing a party- swopping feature, the number of battlers are still limited to 4. :( Like PS1 and PS2. So, who you gonna kick out? :wink:

And as for different combos, Thoul, how about Alys (locked) plus...let's see... for a real challenge, Gryz, Raja and Demi. :lol:

Now that would make things far more interesting.
Oh, and the Rykros Ring will be equipabble by those characters, as an accesory, not a helmet.
And I've added some extra Guardian items as well like the Guard-Crown, Guard Circlet and Guard-Helm.

Now I have to think of Overdrive skills for the three extra playable characters...
Any ideas?
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Jan 21, '10, 4:49 am

Lyla2284 wrote:Now I have to think of Overdrive skills for the three extra playable characters...
Any ideas?

Demi -Give her lazer beam eyes like superman!
Kyra - have her accidentally throw a rock instead of her slashers!
Raja - Have him tell a really bad joke that does decent damage and 30% chance to put the enemy to sleep! XD

In all seriousness though. I'm looking forward to this even more now...
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Celeith » Fri Jan 22, '10, 10:44 pm

Atlinsmere wrote:
Lyla2284 wrote:Now I have to think of Overdrive skills for the three extra playable characters...
Any ideas?

Demi -Give her lazer beam eyes like superman!
Kyra - have her accidentally throw a rock instead of her slashers!
Raja - Have him tell a really bad joke that does decent damage and 30% chance to put the enemy to sleep! XD

In all seriousness though. I'm looking forward to this even more now...

I think Demi's medic power should be her overdrive.. That way you won't have a massive spam revive.

Kyra, I think should have a fun combo with Rune.. They could do something that uses Esper powers (not magik or techs) but something completely made up.

Raja... Since I'm not a Raja fan he can just sit back and relax cuz he's to much hax.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Tsunami » Sat Jan 23, '10, 1:30 pm

Kaloes wrote:I think Demi's medic power should be her overdrive.. That way you won't have a massive spam revive.

Kyra, I think should have a fun combo with Rune.. They could do something that uses Esper powers (not magik or techs) but something completely made up.

Raja... Since I'm not a Raja fan he can just sit back and relax cuz he's to much hax.
I agree with Kaloes's thought on Demi, but the same could be said about Raja's Ataraxia. But for Kyra, perhaps she can have something involving her slashers, since she, unlike Alys, lacks any sort of skills that involves her slashers. Maybe some elemental attack?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun Jan 24, '10, 9:28 am

Those are good ideas, guys. I've already configured Raja's Ataraxia skill as an Overdrive, and gave Gryz the OD skill called Double Buster, which is essentialy a massive cleaving stroke attack that does great damage. As for Demi's Medical Power, I was thinking of giving her Silent Wave rather, as Rever in this game does a full revive and Regen fully revives all allies to max health. Demi's Medical Power only revived all allies to 28 HP in the original PS4. :worried: Ah well...

Now for some screens. :happy_marle:

I want my money back! :wink: No seriously, Alys does get her meseta from the Dean in the game.

The Dean is looking more than a little shifty in here... :shiftyeyes:

Follow Zio the Holy one! :twisted:

I tried uploading the Lassic battle movie, but it's taking too darn long... :( I'll try to upload it another day.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Darkil » Sun Jan 24, '10, 7:00 pm

This looks better and better every time I see new screens. Lyla I'm shaking with anticipation for this!
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Celeith » Mon Jan 25, '10, 1:06 am

Now that I think about it... Alys did get jipped from the Principal in that mission. She was hired to investigate and get rid of the monsters, but after she finishes the job he just gets scared, allows Hahn to go with her (What kind of principal allows their students to leave school grounds and investigate monsters) and just sits in his chair knowing he got away with not paying the guild for a job well done.. I think the PD should of wiped out Piata instead of Mile, that way the Principal got what he had coming to him.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon Jan 25, '10, 9:58 am

Darkil wrote:This looks better and better every time I see new screens. Lyla I'm shaking with anticipation for this!

And it's only gonna get better. Hold on to your hats, because I'm planning on making this the best fan-made game out there, and I'm not only referring to PS fan games, but the genre in general.

And as for the Dean not coughing up the cash, Alys can visit him after the events at Zio's Fort, a little scene will play, and Al will get her fee. 5000 happy meseta. :happy_marle:

Raja is finally a playable character. :D
I'm still working on Kyra's sprite, but her battler pics are done. I'll move onto Demi after I've completed Kyra.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Abominae » Mon Jan 25, '10, 7:31 pm

I feel an obligation to inform you that, while your art is better than a lot (most) of the fan art I've seen, your biggest flaw is in the facial structuring. I've seen this happen in a lot of your art, but you repeatedly place an indent on the cheek right below the eye. In most anime art, it's not an indent, but a rounded corner that marks the cheek bone.

See ya :) and good luck!
Abominae
Hunter
Hunter

Achievements: 27

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Jan 26, '10, 2:40 pm

Hmm, I never really noticed that, Abom. I haven't heard from you in ages. Thought you had forgotten about my project. :D But I guess that's just my drawing style. Just a quickie update on some screens.

Made these little fellers today. :lol: Love this scene.

I think I'm gonna use the adorable sprite as my avatar.

Some of the bio-monsters finally have attack animations. Had to power up my emulator... :mrgreen: and started ripping. But my chars were around the high 80s, so no chance of any death there. :lol:

Uploading the Lassic battle movie now.
EDIT: Done! :happy_marle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH1-iKXUC8k
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More