Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: PSIV remake with Alys as the main char.

Postby Celeith » Tue Jan 12, '10, 5:29 pm

Love it
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Tsunami » Thu Jan 14, '10, 12:57 am

I gotta say, I am happy that you're using smaller numbers now. :D I didn't particularly care for 1k+ HP, didn't feel like Phantasy Star to me. Also, I looked back at the first post and I like the menu much more now. It looks cleaner and I like it over the old one. ^^

I have a question, though. Do you have good knowledge of coding? 'Cause I'm wondering how hard it'd be to implement a 5th party member. :?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Lyla2284 » Fri Jan 15, '10, 7:22 am

My knowledge of coding is negligible, Tsu. :(

All the scripts I found were on RPGMaker-related sites. I had a look through the battle system code, and while it is possible to implement a fifth party member, it would be very difficult, as, unlike the original PS4, the battle menu shows both current and max HP and TP, so having five characters would make the numbers overlap, and it wouldn't look very appealing. Plus, all the chars will be sitting together like sardines. :D Not to mention I would have to resize the face portraits, as well as rip battler sprites for Demi, Raja and Kyra. :sweat: ( Seth doesn't appear once in my game, the traitor...) I have a different take on things at the Soldier's Temple. :wink:

As for my Generation 2 style battlers, here's a preview. Note that these designs aren't finalised, and only the hero battlers will be done in this style. As for the normal sprites, I'm going to be sticking to the cute 'chibi' look. :)

I haven't shown any battle animations, so here is Alys casting Gizan. Note that their stats are exactly the same as the original PS4's....
...except over here. I started readjusting stats only after this battle, though Wren health is the same. (Lvl 30). :wink:
Lassic is an absolute terror in this game, due to the fact that he casts Reinforce on turn one, instead of waiting to drop to 25% maxHP like in the original. Bloody difficult, even with HP Regen and TP Regen ( resulting from Rika's Overdrive Skill, Omega Force). I'll upload a vid of this battle at a later date. Took me nearly 9 minutes to kick his zombie butt. :lol:
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Lucas » Fri Jan 15, '10, 10:05 am

Nice to see you’ve made Lashiec a great challenge. He’s my favourite boss and he was hard in the original PS IV. I look forward to encountering him in your game. :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jan 15, '10, 3:22 pm

Ooo, harder Lashiec. I approve of that. I always found Lashiec too easy, easier than the three witches, which was always weird to me. :?
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun Jan 17, '10, 6:44 pm

Yep, I knew Lassic was a firm fan favourite when it came to bosses, but not only have I upped Lassic's difficulty level, I've done the same with every other boss as well, with the exception of the Igglanova.

And there's some good news for the Demi, Raja and Kyra fans. I've decided to make them playable characters as well, and have decided to use a system similar to PS2's character selection. So all the characters ( except Alys, who will be locked, much like Rolf ), will be able to swap out during the length of the journey. It will also make the game far more challenging if the player decides to swop out Rune or Wren for another character. I'd swop Rika for Raja. :D

But I first need feedback on this before I make it a definite possibilty.It's still an idea, not put into action just yet.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Darkil » Sun Jan 17, '10, 8:19 pm

I think this would be a great idea! It will allow people to choose which characters to take with them if they choose to change the party. I know I liked this feature in PSII since there were some characters I never used [Hugh] and some I used often [Amy].
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Thoul » Sun Jan 17, '10, 9:22 pm

Being able to customize the party like that would be great! It would really add a lot of replay value to the game, too. Many of us would probably try to play it with all the different combinations. :lol:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Jan 18, '10, 12:27 am

Making Demi playable=automatic +100 points.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Celeith » Mon Jan 18, '10, 8:36 am

This would mean I could have my dream team of Alys, Rune, Demi, Kyra, and Hahn, without having to resort to hacking savestates, or using the Piata-Dezo/Rykros warps.

100+ Points to this
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More