Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: PSIV remake with Alys as the main char.

Postby PSP » Fri Oct 30, '09, 3:04 am

Kaloes wrote:In my opinion I wish they woulda left it chibified.. As much as I love PSIG, I think it woulda been interesting if the battle system was left that way.

Interestingly enough, the overall tone of the game appears fairly light (almost like Lunar: TSS vs. Lunar: SSSC), so the SD look may have been more fitting.

-Corey
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun Nov 1, '09, 3:30 pm

Back on topic now. :)

I'm busy making a trailer for my game for those of you who are unable to play the game (yet, :wink: ). Screenshots don't do justice to the menu system or the animated battle system. :D It will give those who are interested a sneak peak at the fan-game. The full-game release might be pushed back to as late as April 2010... :(

Wish me luck.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Nov 3, '09, 4:13 am

I've been meaning to send you those files I edited for awhile now Lyla. Just I been busy with alot of things lately. If you're still up for my outdated files I can upload them for you tomorrow and send them to you.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby AirWolF » Tue Nov 3, '09, 7:59 am

Of course we wish you luck :D
I hope you will release you project asap :)
I hate my soul... It's burning (c) Ethaar Alviere (Utopia Stories: The Fall)
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
AirWolF
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 7

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Nov 3, '09, 4:48 pm

Atlinsmere wrote:I've been meaning to send you those files I edited for awhile now Lyla. Just I been busy with alot of things lately. If you're still up for my outdated files I can upload them for you tomorrow and send them to you.

Yeah, I'd appreciate that, Atlin. Can't wait to see what you've come up with. :) Though, my database has undergone numerous changes throughout the last couple of weeks, but I'll have a look into it. I'm encountering mixed feedback from other RPG game-making communities though. Others say my game is a poor re-imagining of the original, others say it's brilliant, then there's the issue of the monster difficulty...should I retain the original's easy-to-beat monsters, or make them harder?

Should I hold a poll? About my game being a poor re-imagining of the original, or better? I obviously can't decide that for myself, now can I? :wink:

And when can we expect the next installment of PSS? I'm itching to find out what happens next. :hyper:

As for my project AW, the full game release is still a while into the future. I'm still bug-testing the demo version, and it's already been 2 months... :(
Still alot of work ahead for me.

Thanks anyway.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Darkil » Tue Nov 3, '09, 8:23 pm

Don't let those other communities bring you down Lyla. They're probably expecting something like PS Gen 1 or 2 and with the tech you're working with, you've done a fantastic job at a remake [that's fan made no less]!
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lyla2284 » Fri Nov 6, '09, 8:04 am

Thanks, Darkil. I'll finish you Zio wallpaper asap. :D What's your screen resolution?

Did you finish the game demo, or was there a bug that stopped you? If so, it doesn't matter, I'll be uploading a brand-new demo version in a few weeks time. The original game's cutscenes will be replaced with my own artwork, and Gryz's sprite has recieved a serious overhaul. I still need a overdrive skill for the dude, though.

This is his before and after sprite.

Aiedo has been reworked a bit as well. You can still see Gryz's old sprite in here, though. Ah well...

Extra cutscene above Zio's Fort. The player has to go through the door to trigger Demi's cutscene.

Suprisingly, Hahn has one of the strongest overdrive skills in the game. This is his lvl 1 Overdrive skill. He was such an under-rated character in the original PS4. :(
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Abominae » Fri Nov 6, '09, 6:10 pm

I kinda... don't like Hahn. He was good 'till he left and even then, between him and Raja, I always like Raja. But alcoholic perverts need to stick together, don't they? :misspeak:

Anyway, err... I kinda know why you don't use some of the original cast, but even then, a lot of this story can't, by it's nature, stay true to the original version... so who's to say you really couldn't? And if people don't like your art, tell them where to put it. Or I'll do it. But I get graphic and I don't want to scar any virgin eyes or ears or inflict any mental dispositions.

You've been warned. :shiftyeyes:
Abominae
Hunter
Hunter

Achievements: 27

Postby Celeith » Sat Nov 14, '09, 1:39 am

I really can't wait for this project to be finished.. I'm kinda in the mood lately to do challenges on games, and when this is done I may do a challenge and record it and put it on my youtube... With lyla's permission of course ^_^
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Nov 14, '09, 8:00 pm

Of course you can add it to your Youtube channel, Kaloes. :D Is it true that you soloed FFXII with Ashe alone?! Wow, that's pretty darn good, seeing as FFXII was a bit hard for me. Then again, Ashe was the only char I trained up to lvl 99. :D She's an excellent all-rounder. Anyway, back on topic...

But you might want to try out the demo first before doing anything else. I'm thinking of doing yet another release, otherwise you'll have to wait a very, very long time. Summer of 2010, remember? And that's your summer, not mine. So we looking at July - August 2010. :wink: Anyway, here are a couple of more screens.

I've edited the domes a bit so they don't look so blurry anymore, and I've added diffrent cosmetic lighting.

Alys' char portrait has been reworked as well. I must say, it's a vast improvement over the other image, and it looks more like the original game's pic, just from a different angle.

Some of the cutscenes will feature larger char portraits, and it displays their emotions as well, like here...

Alys normal
Hmm, might use it for my avatar...after it's been cropped. :wink:

Alys sad - something you never got to see in the original.

Sad/Mad
Hmm, kinda reminiscent of Chaz's pic on Rykros, after the yelling match,when he's talking to Rune about having the fate of Algo rest on his shoulders :wink:

Status window.

Rune's equip screen. He doesn't start off at lvl 17 anymore, it was overkill.
Every single piece of weaponry and armour has their own icon.

Rika and Wren's mini-portraits.

That's that for now. Gotta get back to work on the other chars large character portraits.

Exactly one month till my b'day! :cake:
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More