Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: PSIV remake with Alys as the main char.

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Oct 13, '09, 7:59 am

I've decided to add a music preview as well, just to give you a taste of the featured soundtrack in the game. A fellow fan who goes by the name Rick volunteered to do the music for the game, and he kindly agreed to let me post his music files here. :)

It's for anyone who loved PS3's music. It's featured throughout the game. Excellent remixes, if I say so myself.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xbfnvg4lmnm

http://www.mediafire.com/?55salymmdo3

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ecdkgiinxm

http://www.mediafire.com/?xrg1tyduuvg

http://www.mediafire.com/?yhjnmycgo4m

Hope you like them. :D
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Oct 13, '09, 8:01 pm

I made an adorable sprite of everyone's favourite Heroine... :D ,and her statue is finally completed. I added some nice cosmetic lighting in some of the towns and changed the font as well. It should be more legible now. And I'm going to be releasing a beta demo soon as well. This time it will include all the files, so it may be a bit larger, at 90 mb+. This demo will include all typo fixes as well as the newly composed soundtrack for the game. :)

Anyway, here are some more screenies.

Termi is probably my best town so far. It's just so beautiful to look at.

Hopefully, the character stats will be more visible.

Hope you like the new screens. :D
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Abominae » Tue Oct 13, '09, 8:28 pm

I couldn't get into the cave with the motavians (where you meet gryz).

There was no cave... so I assumed it just wasn't completed.

-_-
Abominae
Hunter
Hunter

Achievements: 27

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Oct 14, '09, 6:32 pm

:? Are you telling me that you couldn't get into the valley maze cave? Please send me a screenshot of where you are exactly are on the world map and I may be able to rectify the problem, Abom. Are you sure you're not overlooking anything. The caves can be pretty hard to spot on the overworld map. :) I need all the details I can get, because I'm due to release a demo at rpgrevolution.com as well, and need reports on every single error you encounter, no matter how small it is. Can you do that for me? Please?
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Abominae » Wed Oct 14, '09, 9:39 pm

Umm... Sure?

I'll have it tomorrow.
Abominae
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Abominae » Thu Oct 15, '09, 9:26 pm

Phantasy Star 4: Beneath a New Light
(Fangame by: Lyla2284) *I REMEMBERED THE NUMBERS!!!*

Piojo lista

1 - Is the Tunnel to Tonoe supposed to be THAT hard to find?

2 - Tunnel to Tonoe. If attempting to exit the tunnel from entrance, this will initially place you back on the world map. However, upon re-entering the tunnel, I found the entrance blocked (perhaps the event needed to be replayed). When I exited the entrance, I found myself in the home of the people with the missing dog in Aiedo.

3 - When a character dies and is resurrected, their avatar does not reappear until that character performs an action that displays animated graphics for that character.

4 - Chaz uses his "Knife attack" animation even when wielding a sword.

5 - There appears to be a little gray balloon in the bottom right hand corner of Rune's attack animation.

6 - Although I cannot say for sure, I'm quite certain there is a bug with the "junk" that drops from enemies where anything that counts above 10 gets a cut.
Example: If a creature drops 12x "Fly wings", you'll only recieve 2. (12 - 10 = 2), if the enemy drops items (same kind), you'll only get 4.
Abominae
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Lyla2284 » Fri Oct 16, '09, 11:31 am

Okay, I think I've sorted out most of the bugs that are plaguing the game. As for Chaz using his 'knife' animation for his sword attacks, I quite simply eliminated the usage of knives for Chaz as an equippable weapon. Who equips him with knives, anyway? Only Hahn can use the weapons now. I instead replaced Chaz's knives with short swords instead. They're a bit weaker than a normal longsword, but they grant additional Dexterity, seeing as Shorty's DEX stat isn't all that great.

As for the tunnel to Tonoe, I've sorted that out as well. I forgot to use a switch to 'turn off' the event so it doesn't loop repeatedly. And coming out of the Tonoe valley maze will place the player on the world map instead of ending up in Tinkerbell's house. :D

As for the supposedly 'dead' char being revived with no character graphic, that is a script issue, and I unfortunately don't know how to get around it. :(
I can't script for the life of me, but I can configure them to work correctly.

I eliminated the 'white outlines' that appear around Rune when he attacks. That probably where the little white balloon popped up.

As for the item drops, I'll have a look at that as well. I'll have to look at the actual script though, and see what I can do. Those items aren't actually useless. You need them for the apothecaries and blacksmiths to get special items.

Other than that, how do you find the game, Abom? Is it sucky, meh or good?
There will be a few bugs here and there. It is an alpha version after all. I'll try to get a beta version out soon.

And thanks for looking everything through. :clap:
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Abominae » Fri Oct 16, '09, 5:07 pm

I really like the game. Maybe it's because I'm just a sucker for all things PS like this

But, anyway, I really do like the game. It could use some tweaking here and there, but otherwise, I'm really looking foward to the final release.
Abominae
Hunter
Hunter

Postby PSP » Sun Oct 18, '09, 3:51 am

Looks pretty awesome. I haven't downloaded the demo, but I'll give it a shot sometime. I've also got the original PS OST's in lossless form (I have the CD that came with the Sega Direct release of the Sega Ages 2500 Phantasy Star Collection for PS2) in case you want a copy, I noticed you mentioned going from 'HQ MP3's'. I also have the CD's of the arranged soundtracks they released ages ago if you want any of those.

One other nitpick, the 'Eight-Stroke Warrior' nickname is a translation error. The actual name that annoys Lyla/Alys is "八つ裂きのライラ" or "Yattsuzaki no Raira." Yattsu literally means 'eight,' but can also mean 'many', so the translator just made a mistake. Rebecca Capowski translated this as "Tear 'em to Pieces Lyla," and I'm inclined to say that's a cool enough translation.

Sorry, even was I was 11 back in 1995 playing through the same for the first time, the whole 'Eight-Stroke' thing confused me ("Eight strokes of what, her slicer?") ;)

-Corey
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Postby Abominae » Wed Oct 21, '09, 5:09 pm

You know, I used to think that whole "Eight Stroke" thing was another one of those perverted japanese things (Remember now, you CAN go up into the bar in Aeido and have someone offer to give Chaz "real good service").

It kinda made sense, but not really.

8 strokes?

the perverted thing is far more believable. It's also impressive if used in that context.

*edit* And where is Lyla? I haven't seen her around for about a week now. She giving up on this thing?
Abominae
Hunter
Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More