What are you watching?

Discussion of television, movies, and other forms of moving pictures.

Re: What are you watching?

Postby Thoul » Mon Aug 2, '10, 4:46 pm

The local library had a new copy of the first season of Supernatural this past weekend, so I picked that up. I still have a couple of discs to watch, but I'm enjoying it so far. I'm not sure if I'll get to see the rest any time soon, though. The problem with libraries is that people check stuff out and never return it. Season 3 was due back over a year ago.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Aug 9, '10, 7:45 am

Episode 5 of Highschool Of The Dead I just finished. x3 Can't wait till next week when it gets back into the action, and it should introduce a new character as well.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Aug 30, '10, 8:59 am

Just finished Episode 10 of Highschool Of The Dead. And I'm going to be watching Occult Academy right away.
Atlinsmere

Postby Thoul » Wed Sep 1, '10, 1:40 am

I finished watching the first season of a show called Fringe this weekend. It was an interesting take on a sci-fi crime drama. I wasn't quite sure where some of the story was going at first, but by the end of the season I thought it was an excellent way to explore the premise (which I will not mention, as it's a spoiler).
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Mon Sep 6, '10, 12:09 am

I finished watching the two Devilman anime OVAs. For a 1987 anime it was pretty violent (but its only drawings at the end of the day). I must say a lot of the demons were quite awesome looking some even looked like dinosaurs which was kind of weird and Devilman himself was really cool. The main character (whose name I already forgot :blank: ) was originally a very timid and quiet boy who used to get picked on but when he accepted the demon Amon into his body and became Devilman he was an entirely different person. Too bad the OVA ended on an abrupt level.
Last edited by Lucas on Mon Sep 6, '10, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby H-Man » Mon Sep 6, '10, 5:01 pm

On Friday night I watched A Gathering of Heroes, a 1973 kung fu film set in the Republic Era of China. It had a great cast, including 1970s starlet Polly Shang Kuan Ling Feng and Yasuaki Kurata (Fist of Legend, Heroes of the East). Unfortunately, after two long, well-choreographed set pieces involving those two and others, the film decides that it will forego anything resembling a climatic fight and thus ends on a very sour note. Boo!
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Lucas » Sat Sep 25, '10, 8:28 am

Over the past two weeks I've watched a few movies. I watched both Predator 1 and 2, with Predator 2 being my favourite also I re-watched Alien vs. Predator and then Alien vs. Predator 2. I never liked AVP2 as much as the first one though. I also seen Eragon I personally liked the book more than the movie as the movie left a few things out and changed a lot of things as well, which kind of annoyed me.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Snorb » Sat Oct 9, '10, 5:06 am

So, what do I watch? With my D&D group, I watch Weeds, Sci-Fi Science, Mythbusters, and a random assortment of anime.

By myself, Hell's Kitchen, Law & Order, Law & Order: Los Angeles, Doctor Who, The Price is Right, and The Apprentice.
Last edited by Snorb on Sat Oct 9, '10, 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat Oct 9, '10, 6:36 am

For me it's been Hell's Kitchen (Wed), The Big Bang Theory (Thurs), Supernatural (Fri), and Whose Line Is It Anyway? (Before I go to sleep)
Atlinsmere

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Nov 23, '10, 7:07 am

Currently watching the movie Eight Legged Freaks since it's on Peach TV at the moment. To be honest, I forgot this movie existed, I only watched it once when I was a kid and it freaked me out. Now I kind of laugh at it, especially the part where the one guy peed himself when he got tazed. >=3I'm going to be watching this until it's over than switch to Star Trek: The Next Generation. When that's over, it'll be 3am so it's bedtime at that time.
Atlinsmere

PreviousNext

Return to Screen Scene