What are you watching?

Discussion of television, movies, and other forms of moving pictures.

Re: What are you watching?

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue May 4, '10, 9:18 am

Recently I just started watching season 5 of Supernatural. I was going to wait originally until it came out on DVD but I decided to watch it on the internet. I also got my sister hooked on the show because I told her to watch the first episode and she did as she was doing homework (Not much homework was done. =P)

So yeah, 8 more episodes to go then I watched all there is to season 5 of Supernatural as of this point. Time to go to sleep.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Lucas » Thu May 6, '10, 5:06 am

I’m about half way through season 3 of Supernatural I’m up to the fourth disc. So far it’s been good, I really liked the second episode “The kids are all right” that one also kinda crept me out especially when you see the changeling’s gruesome face. :yikes:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Lucas » Fri May 14, '10, 1:41 pm

I watched Akira for the second time. Don’t get me wrong it is a good early anime movie and definitely helped shape the whole cyber-punk / post-apocalyptic genre. But the movie kind of disturbs me. I’m not sure if it’s the creepy blue kids, the giant teddy bear that bleeds milk or the gigantic inside-out main character at the end. Either way I still enjoyed it for what it was.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri May 14, '10, 10:12 pm

Well, I just finished watching the season (series?) finale of Supernatural in season 5. Can't say I fully agree with the ending, but it was pretty good. Though if season 6 comes through like it's supposed to, Eric Kripke, the creator of supernatural, won't be a part of the writing staff. From what's being said, he'll still be around helping out, but that's about it.

Though IT will be pretty hard to top season 5.
Atlinsmere

Postby Rune_Walsh » Fri May 14, '10, 11:56 pm

I've been watching The Outer Limits online.

Dang, the show is good. I remember some of the episodes from the 90's, but there's so many I haven't seen, and it's a shame the series was canceled.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Lucas » Sun Jun 20, '10, 5:40 am

I just finished watching the first 13 episodes of the anime Ghost Hunt. I have greatly enjoyed it so far, it reminds me a little bit of “Supernatural” only Ghost Hunt is anime (of course :p) and focuses on the lighter side of the supernatural rather than gore and trying to scare the crap out of you. It also has a nice amount of comedy thrown in to, too release some tension. Probably the only creepy thing about this anime is the music it is quite eerie at times. I can’t wait for the next set of episodes to get released next month.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jun 22, '10, 10:31 pm

I've recently started watching Sparticus. It's a show about a famous gladiator named, you guessed it, Sparticus. IT's a really awesome show and provides quite a bit of history, along with tons of violence and, well, other things.
Atlinsmere

Postby Thoul » Wed Jun 23, '10, 5:05 pm

I've started viewing seasons of Numb3rs. Attempt to be "cutting edge" in the name aside, it's a pretty good crime drama. It has a nice amount of character development without focusing too much on the crime aspect. I watched the first season and am about halfway through the second now. The second season has started getting a little bit predictable when it comes to the whodunits.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Thu Jul 15, '10, 10:06 am

I just got the second collection of Ghost Hunt episodes today. It got released in Australia yesterday so I’ll be watching them for next week or so. Definitely a great supernatural anime series.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Aug 2, '10, 10:08 am

I just finished watching the fifth episode of Highschool Of The Dead. I'm really happy because I don't remember half the stuff that just happened. Well, actually, it's more like they might have changed some stuff. In order to find out if that's true or not, I'll have to go back and read the manga.

Gotta say one thing though, Komuro Takashi knows how to make an entrance. ^_^
Atlinsmere

PreviousNext

Return to Screen Scene