What are you currently playing? Part 2

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What are you currently playing? Part 2

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Aug 8, '14, 5:12 am

R-90-2 wrote:
Atlinsmere wrote:I am currently playing a JRPG called The Legend Of Heroes: Trails In The Sky. I'm loving it so far, but I can tell it's going to be a really long game. I've already played it for about 4 or five hours and it says on my save file that I'm still in the Prologue. No idea how many chapters this game has. The story is pretty good so far, despite the main plot still having yet to show itself.

The game has Four Chapters plus the prologue. Also, hold onto your save file once you're done- this is actually only the first part of the Trails in the Sky trilogy, and you can port your saves down the line.

I am also playing this game, but that's in part because I am Falcom's willing slave.

Alright thanks for that! I'll keep it in mind. If the other two games are as enjoyable as this one, then I imagine myself becoming a slave of Falcom as well.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby R-90-2 » Wed Aug 20, '14, 8:48 pm

I have decided to basically concurrently play Silent Hill 1, 2, and 3.

This may have been a mistake, as apparently there is a limit to how much oppressive dread one can consume in an afternoon.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Bragatyr » Sat Aug 23, '14, 4:28 am

I just finished Pikmin 3, which was amazing, probably the most beautiful game I've ever played, and one of the most creative. Right now I'm playing Legend of Oasis, my first Saturn game. It's awesome so far.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Aug 31, '14, 8:05 pm

In the last week I've beaten Jak II and Tearaway - even got the platinum on the latter. Jak II was good, but definitely frustrating in some ways, and not good ways. Challenging but for the wrong reasons some times. Not going back for achievements on that either.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby jessie » Mon Sep 1, '14, 3:13 am

Solomon's Key and The Legend of Zelda (NES original)
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 39

Postby Bragatyr » Mon Sep 1, '14, 4:01 am

I can't believe I've never played Solomon's Key, I really need to pick that one up some time. So many good NES classics I've missed.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Sep 1, '14, 10:52 pm

Well, back to some previously played games. I tend to have three games going at once, and switch between them according to my mood. Still have Borderlands. But yesterday I finally gave in to my itch to get into Skyrim again. All well and good, plenty still to do, including the Dawnguard DLC, which is untouched beyond the werewolf skill tree it added. Then my roommate was playing ZombiU, which made me want to replay The Last of Us. So I started a new game on new game +, which allows me to keep all my upgrades. Trying to go for all the collectibles this time around. Played most of the afternoon, and already at Lincoln.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby PathfinderCS » Tue Sep 2, '14, 12:20 am

I have been replaying Skyrim with the aim of eventually playing and beating the DLC bits; Dawnguard and Dragonborn. I never played those yet; so I will use the opportunity to replay the main story before hitting the DLC.

Also have Deadfall Adventures and Risen 3; both of which I'll be trying soon.
"I'd say the sky's the limit!" - Spyro
PathfinderCS
Agent
Agent

Location: With the stars, sailing the blackness of the universe.
Achievements: 20

Postby Bragatyr » Tue Sep 2, '14, 10:49 pm

I still haven't played any of the Elder Scrolls games, I really gotta correct that. I saw where Bethesda was offering Daggerfall, I think, for free download, I've been meaning to check it out.

I just started Galactic Attack for the Saturn (also known as Rayforce or Gunlock), really fun shmup with a neat targeting system and nice music. I also tried out Pokemon Puzzle League, for the N64, which seems fun.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Sep 2, '14, 11:07 pm

Daggerfall is great. It is free to play as a download, just get a DOS emulator for it. Well worth it, and Bethesda only got better got better from there with TES. Skyrim is definitely a top ten game for me...I keep going back to it, still on the first Argonian who's more or less a female Aragorn, with a bit of Legolas mixed in.

And the occasional tendency to become a murderous beast.

Wolf Bird

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming