What are you currently playing? Part 2

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What are you currently playing? Part 2

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sun Oct 5, '14, 2:21 am

Right now, I'm switching between King Of Fighters XIII, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Sonic Generations, and Arkham City on Steam, as well as the Japanese version of Pokemon Blue on Gameboy (it's slightly different from the US version, aside from the obvious language barrier). I also managed to pick up a white PS4 recently and have been playing The Last of Us Remastered for the past week. I never got around to getting the PS3 version, so I thought now would be a good chance to finally play it. I'm roughly halfway through the game, but I'm really liking it so far, especially the story.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Oct 5, '14, 4:21 am

How are you liking Ultra Street Fighter IV, Flames of Yagami? I think it's really cool to see that Hugo got in, I've been loving SF III and I play a Hugo a decent bit, so when I see him in a tournament match in IV I tend to watch it.

I tried out Astyanax the other day, thought it was really fun, but I had to stop because both of my NES controllers are jamming up like crazy. I guess the darn things are finally getting too ancient, I've gotta fix them or get new ones!
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sun Oct 5, '14, 6:23 am

It's been great so far. I haven't really played IV that much after I got Super on PS3 when it came out, so I'm trying to get back into the groove of things before I head online. I really like using Poison and Rolento, but I haven't gotten around to trying out the other newcomers yet.
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Sun Oct 5, '14, 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Oct 5, '14, 6:34 pm

Poison and Rolento both look really fun, I remember seeing everybody try them out in the location tests before release. I've been kind of bummed out that I haven't seen anyone playing them since the game came out. I see plenty of Hugo, oddly enough. And I hear Decapre's good.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby Flames of Yagami » Fri Oct 17, '14, 6:34 pm

I just noticed that Injustice: Gods Among Us is free to play on Steam for the next 2 days, so I'm installing that right now.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby R-90-2 » Thu Oct 23, '14, 9:23 pm

Now that the fan-translation is out, I've been playing Lagrange Point, a Konami RPG for the Famicom that never made the jump to the US because Konami liked to experiment with Famicom cartridge hardware, and the game would have been completely incompatible with the NES due to its use of the advanced VRC7 sound chip. As a result, the game actually sounds better than some early Genesis games.

The game itself can be pretty punishing, which means, of course, that it sure is a Konami RPG. It's impossible to sleepwalk through even the first boss, so I'm making boss videos as I beat them just to remind myself that I was actually able to do it.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Bragatyr » Fri Oct 24, '14, 2:30 am

Lagrange Point sounds interesting, R-90-2. I'm playing Final Fantasy VII for the first time, yes, I managed to somehow avoid all but the obvious spoilers for like seventeen years and am playing it blind. Kind of an interesting experience, gives you an historical perspective on the game, since I played games from the era but don't have specific nostalgia for this one.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby R-90-2 » Thu Nov 6, '14, 4:35 pm

Realized I have never actually beat Alisia Dragoon. Currently rectifying this deficiency.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Rylen » Thu Nov 6, '14, 5:55 pm

Currently playing Destiny on Xbox360. ID is ZorronX if anyone is looking for a fireteam member. Also have my own group on Bungee (Black Falcon Society).
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 49

Postby Bragatyr » Fri Nov 7, '14, 4:57 am

I'm playing Breath of Fire IV. One of the best RPGs I've ever played, so far. Just a perfect game.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming