What are you currently playing? Part 2

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What are you currently playing? Part 2

Postby Aeroprism » Fri Nov 7, '14, 1:49 pm

I was burned so badly by BoF3 that I never tried the 4th. I gather I should?

And what do you think of the infamous BoF5 Dragon Quarter?
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Bragatyr » Fri Nov 7, '14, 5:39 pm

You didn't like III?! I cannot compute this! I kid, but I thought it was very nearly perfect. Actually, you'll have to tell me what you didn't like about III, because IV is very similar. I personally think it's a lot smoother, the dungeons are not nearly as long or annoying, you can switch freely between party members in combat (which is awesome, has a cool system for that) and it just looks and sounds beautiful, good soundtrack like usual for BoF.

I haven't actually played V yet, gonna beat IV first, but I did just get it in the mail the other day, so I'll be curious. I'm even more curious to see how VI turns out. That one looks like it could be terrible, what with it being a mobile game and all, but we'll see.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Aeroprism » Sat Nov 8, '14, 2:11 am

VI is online. I'll pass, thanks.

III is the only RPG to date I was not able to beat, I got stopped by one of the bosses, can't remember which, it was about 15 years ago.

Maybe I should try again...
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Bragatyr » Sat Nov 8, '14, 5:54 am

I really don't understand why they went with the decision to make it online. I guess everything has to be mobile now, but man. That said, the more I see about it, the more it starts to actually look like Breath of Fire, so if it gives us something to do with the series, that's cool with me.

But yeah, man, I definitely recommend giving III a shot again. Great game.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Nov 8, '14, 6:28 am

As much I loved Borderlands, the DLC was failing to hold my interest. Plus, I think I was getting a bit burned out on it. So I decided to set it aside (potentially to go back to later...but seeing as how I have Borderlands 2 and the Pre-sequel just came out, we'll see if that ever actually happens) and start something new. My choice was Bioshock Infinite. Now, often, I try to play games in order. I haven't played Bioshock 2 yet, though I do own it. But, considering all the acclaim Infinite got, and that a lot of what I've heard of Bioshock 2 is mixed when compared to its predecessor (which I've finished), and that there's no story continuity to worry about, I decided to go straight to Infinite for now. I didn't play a lot, but I enjoyed what I've played so far.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Aeroprism » Sat Nov 8, '14, 12:57 pm

After playing Shin Megami and Loren the Amazon Princess, I also want to play a shooter and to put my brain switch at "off".

I am therefore installing Doom 3 BFG edition.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Nov 30, '14, 6:08 pm

Picture a cake in your head. It's dark Belgian chocolate with a nice moist, delicious center, but pick your favorite flavor. Rich, dense and jam-packed with flavor. On top of it is a lighter chocolate frosting. Sweet, but not too sweet. Just sweet enough to add some balance to the cake's core to make it all the better but without overpowering it. And then you add a raspberry drizzle over it to add just a little bit of tangy sweetness to it all.

Hungry yet?

Skyrim is the dense core, Red Dead Redemption is the frosting and Borderlands is the raspberry drizzle. Put them together and you get the whole cake that is Far Cry 3.

Now I want some cake.

(Insert Portal joke)
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby R-90-2 » Sun Nov 30, '14, 10:58 pm

Then you stick a neon terminator on top and you get Far Cry: Blood Dragon. :)

As for me, wargaming kick, two extremes. One is Warhammer 40K: Armageddon, the other being Valkyria Chronicles. The only thing that could make the latter better so far is if it had Cannon Fodder's Home vs. Away scoreboard.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Bragatyr » Mon Dec 1, '14, 1:13 am

I'm playing FF IX. And Smash Wii U, of course. The online on that one is so much better than Brawl's and is therefore a blast.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby Icecypher » Mon Dec 8, '14, 2:37 am

A few months back, when I needed games that I could play for a few minutes without really using my brain, I went to Phantasy Star Portable and PSP 2. I could go repeat missions like crazy.

Now I got a little more free time and I advanced a little in Phantasy Star II. Finished Ikuto, then did Naval in a short time (no need to explore anything there) and have been exploring Spaceship Noah to eliminate the wrong paths. I also got the sub parts for Searren/WREN and went to Aridia in Phantasy Star III.

Then I remembered my boyfriend will have the PlayStation 3 on Christmas, so I went back to my PS3 games. I got to End of the World in Kingdom Hearts and am currently trying to find things I had left behind in other worlds. After that I will try to see how much I can advance during two weeks in either Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories or Phantasy Star (I). Once he gets the PlayStation to his home to play Disney Infinity (and 2.0 once we buy it), he will not easily give it back. :melodramatic:
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 63

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming