Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: Phantasy Star: BaNL (5 party member avaliability!)

Postby Aeroprism » Fri Jun 25, '10, 9:04 pm

Well it depends, I am indeed rather taken with occupations so I'd offer my help only if you need it. On one side, there's the thrill of waiting and getting a full, complete experience. On the other side, there's the idea of saying "I helped someone create a PS game".

My life is filled with hard decisions.

What music did you use for your project? The original? Among all three 16-Bits PS games, PS4 had the weakest musical score, in my opinion. To this day, I find myself unmotivated to remix any of them. I still loved the game, don't get me wrong.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Celeith » Fri Jun 25, '10, 11:57 pm

Where could I find these PSIII remixes at? I've been a huge fan of the game since I finally completed it a few years ago and I've enjoyed the music score way more then PSIVs. PSIII had great music.. PSIV was alright cause it was the modern rpg while PSIII went back to old school much like the nes days of yore.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Jun 26, '10, 6:30 pm

Some menu remodels. Influenced by Generation 2's, obviously. ;) I think it's a good idea to keep the general feel of the PS series with the familiar blue menus.

And Kal, I do agree with you that PS3 has the best soundtrack of the 4 classic games. While many fans consider PS4 to be pretty much the cream of the crop, here are my views on it.

-Weakest storyline of the 4 classic games.
-Too easy.
-Weakest soundtrack as well (except for a few stand out tracks).
-Predictable and not many dramatic plot twists.
-Grossly over-rated.

And this is after 9 years, after looking at the game from end to end. Hopefully, I've fixed all of that in my game. ;)
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Xander » Mon Jun 28, '10, 8:43 pm

And I thought I was the only one like that. It's funny how it takes so long to come around to a verdict isn't it? I'd have to agree about the PS III soundtrack, though there were some that really could have been changed out, the majority of the music fit in very well and accompanied the gameplay nicely.

Nice menu re-designs too Lyla. :D The blue scheme helps to bring out the various menu details and options nicely. I think the grey can actually draw you away from what you're looking for a bit.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Jun 29, '10, 10:40 am

I'm in the process of redoing all the image-based cutscenes in the game. If I am honest with myself, they look pretty awful, given most of it was a rushed job. I've eliminated the airbrush shading, and all the new cutscenes will be modernised versions of the original 16-bit images. I did it once, I can do it again. (I started planning out this story back in 2004, and redid all of PS4 images in traditional pencil crayon and ink. I never realised in my wildest dreams it would be turned into a game...)

Here's a before and after sample shot.
The first image, it must be noted, was done out of my head, the 2nd, referencing the original. Wow. What a difference.

What do you guys think? I am capable of doing anything as long as I put my mind to it, you know. ;) Kind of like Alys. Out of all the PS characters, I share the most traits with her. There's a reason she's been my favourite video-game character for the last 9 years, you know. 8)
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Aeroprism » Tue Jun 29, '10, 12:53 pm

Very nice. You have a distinct style, easily recognizable. I must say I cannot wait to see this gem in action.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Xander » Tue Jun 29, '10, 1:26 pm

Excellent work. :D

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Jun 29, '10, 4:41 pm

Tester screen below. It is a vast improvement from before.

Text messages display just like PS4's now. Letter by letter. Should I make the character portraits larger? Alys' pic seems a bit small. Her eyes seems even bluer than before, but I like it like that. :D

2 down, 300+ more to go...
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Xander » Tue Jun 29, '10, 4:56 pm

300+? Well at least you'll have plenty to keep you busy. :D I think the portrait size is ok. If they were any bigger it might draw attention away from everything else and they're only there just to let you know who is saying what. Maybe try nudging them in line with the edge of the text box too.
Apart from that everything is A-ok. The redesigns look good. :)

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jun 29, '10, 8:00 pm

Looks amazing... no no, scratch that. It IS amazing! You are really dedicated to this project and I congratulate you on this. Honestly, I feel like spending the money to get a plane ticket, fly to your country, spend the time to locate where you are, and shake your hand. But that's kind of creepy and I don't have the money or resources yet... >.>

I really need to get back to the demo and send you that list.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More