Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: Phantasy Star: BaNL (5 party member avaliability!)

Postby Tanith » Fri Jun 18, '10, 9:15 am

Lyla2284 wrote:Could there be a love triangle in the making here? Wait till you hear the music, it's like watching a movie... :D
Ehhhh... I know you're mostly kidding about the love triangle thing, but I'm not sure if even hinting at Hahn having some feelings, à la RW's Chemistry, really has a place in a video game. Aren't you concerned Alys has too many potential suitors now? It's sort of turning into PSIII's Brideapalooza, only the genders are reversed.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby dimon-in-hell » Fri Jun 18, '10, 7:17 pm

Tsunami wrote:dimon-in-hell, it isn't that difficult to get into RMXP. There are a lot of sites for it that provide resources (scripts, tilesets, charsets, etc.). However, to take Lyla's work and tweak it for your own purposes, that's a lack of respect for all her hard work and effort that she's put into this. I applaud her for staying dedicated to her project, I really do.

I understand your conviction and I am really ashamed, but to say that I did not respect it would be wrong. I am not a coward, who simply stole her work. I was able to recognize this, and I'm as inclined to her labors. Thank you for that offered its assistance. Well, I hope my action will not be convicted, and I get forgiveness)))) Do not be angry :beg_wily: :beg_wily: :beg_wily:
No need to worry...
U have such a good live.
dimon-in-hell
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 32

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Jun 19, '10, 6:01 pm

Demo is finally available to my beta-testers! I sent you guys PMs with the link. :D And I made a few new vids as well, though I still need to upload them onto Youtube.

Some more battle screens, this time against Zio. I took 5 minutes and 45 seconds to beat him... :shiftyeyes: Would have been quicker if Alys hadn't been KO'd before she could use GC, which does about 600+ dmg... You could only imagine how frustrated I was. :bang:

Crosscut is a Skill Exhaustion skill, which means the player won't be able to abuse it (like in the original) because the character will be unable to act for 3 turns. And alot can happen in 3 turns.

Demi is pretty epic in here. Not only does her Phonon skill do decent damage, but her Recover skill targets all allies instead of herself (like in the original), cures all status ailments and heals 20% of the chars max HP per turn. Now you'll understand why I never bothered to get Rika up to lvl 20, when she gets Sar.

Zio's 'red beam' attack hits all battlers now, instead of targeting just one character.

"Take that you....!!" *Zio gives a manically evil laugh, because Ice-based attacks do very little damage to him ^^*
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Tsunami » Mon Jun 21, '10, 4:54 am

I was never given a PM which contained the link to the demo that I agreed to beta test. =(
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon Jun 21, '10, 8:18 am

I've sent you the demo with the links via your PM, Tsu. So sorry about that. Have fun! :D
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Tsunami » Mon Jun 21, '10, 9:25 am

Thank you. ^^ I'll be sure to send you a PM once I do a run of it. :)
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Celeith » Wed Jun 23, '10, 2:58 am

I did a bit of a test on the game for ya and I decided to place it up on youtube for the fun of it. I'm gonna see how far I can make it through the game with Alys by herself. Lets wait for more video's and see if I can make it through ^_^

(Note: Also for some reason it says I violated something with the music inside the video or something so it kills the music when on the main page, but when it shows here and on my youtube channel the music plays so I really don't know why its doing that for this video only.. Well the music works so enjoy)
Last edited by Celeith on Wed Jun 23, '10, 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Tsunami » Wed Jun 23, '10, 5:59 am

Got no sound when I watched it, Kal. =\ Nice Alys solo, btw. ^^
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Rick » Wed Jun 23, '10, 6:16 am

Certain musics have a copyright that Youtube recognizes.

Anime Music video and musics to gameplay get their audio cut out alot.

If someone reports your music, the youtube bot instantly cuts if off whether its right or not.

Since BANL uses music from shows and movies, according to Lyla, Youtube is going to block most of it out.

It's the way youtube is x.x

I uploaded a rozen maiden clip and somehow in Argentina, someone named Asuka holds the copyright for that show or claims it as copyright so people from argentina won't be able to see it.

Youtube is weird.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Jun 23, '10, 7:44 am

Kaloes wrote:
I did a bit of a test on the game for ya and I decided to place it up on youtube for the fun of it. I'm gonna see how far I can make it through the game with Alys by herself. Lets wait for more video's and see if I can make it through ^_^

(Note: Also for some reason it says I violated something with the music inside the video or something so it kills the music when on the main page, but when it shows here and on my youtube channel the music plays so I really don't know why its doing that for this video only.. Well the music works so enjoy)

Good work, Kal. That's exactly how I would have played it. :clap: And you will have fun doing a solo Alys run. For one thing, you don't have to get her up to lvl 99. :D Since she is developed as a late-game character now, her abilites will be far more powerful than in the original's. Wait till you get her to level 35. You are quite literally going to have a blast. :lol:

The vid seems a bit choppy, though. :? But the quality is still decent. I have a video with the 2nd encounter with Zio, but it takes forever to upload. ><
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More