Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: Phantasy Star: BaNL (5 party member avaliability!)

Postby dimon-in-hell » Thu Jun 3, '10, 7:39 pm

Perhaps ... But then it is better to take the old (original)
No need to worry...
U have such a good live.
dimon-in-hell
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 32

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun Jun 6, '10, 5:17 pm

Another quick update:

-Reduced the power of GC (Grandcross). I figured 600+ dmg was too much so early in the game. And unlike the original PS4's GC, this version inflicts between 300-350 damage to all enemies, no matter their type. Naturally, it does double that against Darkies. (my nickname for evil enemies. ^^)
-Added some extra armours and weapons to the database.
-Tested the game for the upteenth time. I took around 7 hours and 10 minutes to beat it.
-Finally added Demi's Phononmezer skill. Awesomeness!!
-Hahn replaces Rika for the Ladea Tower. He is so awesome in this game, that I missed his presence after he leaves for the Academy. Rika was pretty much useless when compared to him...
-Characters are based off a rule of thumb in here. In other words, chars with higher exp charts are more powerful than chars with low exp charts. I always found it ridiculous in so many RPGs that a stupid teen can be more powerful than a seasoned veteran with many years of training behind them. Damn cliches. So yeah, Chaz, Rika and Gryz suck big time in here. ^^ Shorty gets KO'd more often than Hahn, 0_0 and Gryz's DEX is pathetic. He misses his enemies so many times I find myself facepalming. And I used the original PS4's stats. Course, Hahn's Vision helps considerably. :D

Some more screenshots.

Role-reversal...

You'll have to find it...

*evil laugh*

So it's now official. I'm looking for more beta-testers (I already have one) and Hahn has replaced Wren as my 3rd fav char. :D
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Xander » Sun Jun 6, '10, 6:02 pm

Awesome, another update! :D I'm loving the new screens too. I'm going to have to pass on beta testing, much as I'd like to, and wait for the release. Though I'm sure plenty more will volunteer. Keep up the good work. :)
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Atlinsmere » Sun Jun 6, '10, 7:39 pm

Well Lyla, you know me, I'm up for BETA testing anytime. I think it will be a nice break from Left 4 Dead 2. ^_^

I also bow to you for your decision to replace Hahn with Rika for Ladea Tower. Hahn is awesome! ^_^
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Jun 6, '10, 8:20 pm

More Hahn involvement=+50 points from me. Yeah, not worth as much as including Demi more, but still...;)
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Tsunami » Mon Jun 7, '10, 8:27 am

Lyla2284 wrote:-Reduced the power of GC (Grandcross). I figured 600+ dmg was too much so early in the game. And unlike the original PS4's GC, this version inflicts between 300-350 damage to all enemies, no matter their type. Naturally, it does double that against Darkies. (my nickname for evil enemies. ^^)
In the original, it wasn't overpowered. You don't even get it that early on unless you grind a lot. >.> I liked the fact that it was holy-based for damage, too. Made it useless against the guardians on Rykros later on in the game, so making it hit everything regardless of defenses kinda defeats the purpose of strategy. =\

-Hahn replaces Rika for the Ladea Tower. He is so awesome in this game, that I missed his presence after he leaves for the Academy. Rika was pretty much useless when compared to him...
Hahn was only better than Rika when it came to tech usage and combination attacks. Rika was superior when it came to agility, strength, and healing techs overall. There was a nice balance between the two of them, as they were both supporting characters. To say "Rika was pretty much much useless" says something about the game when she was one of the main characters (and a huge cute factor ^.^).

So yeah, Chaz, Rika and Gryz suck big time in here. ^^ Shorty gets KO'd more often than Hahn, 0_0 and Gryz's DEX is pathetic. He misses his enemies so many times I find myself facepalming. And I used the original PS4's stats. Course, Hahn's Vision helps considerably. :D
Chaz dying more than Hahn? There's something terribly wrong with that, as Chaz had better defense than him and Hahn had pretty weak defense compared to the rest of the cast. I always had to put two shields on him so he wouldn't get smacked around too much (same deal with Rune, unfortunately, but I found that Rune was still better than Hahn).

Btw, I expect Wren to be crappy, too, since he levels faster than Chaz does (Chaz was the most balanced character in the game, in my opinion). Gryz was pretty pathetic as it was anyways for a beat stick; he had high HP, and could hit decent enough, but that was it. :( He lacked useful techs and skills, and against the PD he was useful only when it came to using items for quick healing, but even then he still sucked since he was slower than everyone else. ):

Edit: If you need more Beta testers, I will be able to do it if you'd like. :)
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon Jun 7, '10, 3:09 pm

Tsunami wrote:
Lyla2284 wrote:-Reduced the power of GC (Grandcross). I figured 600+ dmg was too much so early in the game. And unlike the original PS4's GC, this version inflicts between 300-350 damage to all enemies, no matter their type. Naturally, it does double that against Darkies. (my nickname for evil enemies. ^^)
In the original, it wasn't overpowered. You don't even get it that early on unless you grind a lot. >.> I liked the fact that it was holy-based for damage, too. Made it useless against the guardians on Rykros later on in the game, so making it hit everything regardless of defenses kinda defeats the purpose of strategy. =\

Yeah, but this game isn't the original PS4, now is it? It's nowhere near as easy, and you'll need all the power you can get. Besides, GC is an optinal OD.

Hahn was only better than Rika when it came to tech usage and combination attacks. Rika was superior when it came to agility, strength, and healing techs overall. There was a nice balance between the two of them, as they were both supporting characters. To say "Rika was pretty much much useless" says something about the game when she was one of the main characters (and a huge cute factor ^.^).

Who cares how cute a character is, when they (Rika) happen to be the weakest healer in the game? :roll: Her Mental score is CRAP with a capital C. Hell, she doesn't even max it out to 99!! I'm speaking from experience here, Tsu, having leveled most chars to lvl 99. To add insult to injury, even Gryz, yes Gryz, maxxes out his MEN to 99. Rika only hits 89. I was never impressed with her. I'm seriously thinking of taking her out of the game completely...

So yeah, Chaz, Rika and Gryz suck big time in here. ^^ Shorty gets KO'd more often than Hahn, 0_0 and Gryz's DEX is pathetic. He misses his enemies so many times I find myself facepalming. And I used the original PS4's stats. Course, Hahn's Vision helps considerably. :D
Chaz dying more than Hahn? There's something terribly wrong with that, as Chaz had better defense than him and Hahn had pretty weak defense compared to the rest of the cast. I always had to put two shields on him so he wouldn't get smacked around too much (same deal with Rune, unfortunately, but I found that Rune was still better than Hahn).

Unfortunately in this game, a char's DEF is based off their DEX stat, not AGI, as in the original. And I've added some more armours for Hahn to equip, seeing as he needs it so badly. Believe me, the entire party will go to pieces if Hahn's gets KO'd. That's how important he is in my game. Vision, Doran and Gelun, such life-savers.
Rune is still better though. :D And I've been playing through my game again, and Shorty got KO'd again, even though he was equipped with the best current armour. Maybe the enemies just like picking on him. ><

Btw, I expect Wren to be crappy, too, since he levels faster than Chaz does (Chaz was the most balanced character in the game, in my opinion). Gryz was pretty pathetic as it was anyways for a beat stick; he had high HP, and could hit decent enough, but that was it. :( He lacked useful techs and skills, and against the PD he was useful only when it came to using items for quick healing, but even then he still sucked since he was slower than everyone else. ):

Of course Shorty was the best darned character in the game, he was the bloody main character!! He's nothing special, you know. Typical generic RPG hero. :roll: Damn swordsmasters are always so perfectly balanced... like Rolf. :down: I disagree with you that he had the overall best stats though. That honour belongs with Alys. Better HP and TP, better AGI and DEX, and her STR shoots up if you stick with her long enough. Unfortunately, she wasn't developed as a late-game character, otherwise she would have really kicked butt.
And I disagree with you on the fact that Wren levels up faster than Chaz. Chaz is the 2nd easiest char to train if you look at the exp charts. Wren was the 5th hardest character to train, coming after Rune, Raja, Alys and Kyra. Gryz still sucks though. :mrgreen: Wren also had the 2nd best DEF in the game.

So that's my rant. 8)

Edit: If you need more Beta testers, I will be able to do it if you'd like. :)

Yeah, you can be my beta tester Tsu. That brings the total to 3. Might get more, though...
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Xander » Mon Jun 7, '10, 4:27 pm

Yes, generally the one with the sword is always the hard hitting one regardless. At least it is in most RPGs and other class based games that I've played. Plus Chaz even ends up with some of the most powerful techniques too, being the only one to cast Megid and Nathu.
As for Wren and levelling up, I always found he levelled up pretty slowly for some reason too and I had to spend a bit more time bringing him in line with everyone else. His high HP and lack of techniques make up for it though. :)

Also, what's this about taking Rika out? Nooooooo! :yell:

Ok fair do if she's very different here to in PS IV, which she probably is, then that changes things. But I still say no......because. I'm not exactly unbiased here however. :p
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Tsunami » Mon Jun 7, '10, 10:30 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:
Who cares how cute a character is, when they (Rika) happen to be the weakest healer in the game? :roll:
My thinking she's cute is a matter of opinion, Lyla. I know she's the weakest healer in terms of Mental stats, but her Sar techs are really useful. With her being the only character throughout most of the game who has them, and with her speed, she's not that bad. Not to mention that, other than Alys, she is the only character to have buffs (Deban, Shift, and Saner). Raja and Kyra have a better skill-version of Deban (Blessing and Warla), but they are only temporary characters until end-game. =(

Her Mental score is CRAP with a capital C. Hell, she doesn't even max it out to 99!! I'm speaking from experience here, Tsu, having leveled most chars to lvl 99. To add insult to injury, even Gryz, yes Gryz, maxxes out his MEN to 99. Rika only hits 89. I was never impressed with her. I'm seriously thinking of taking her out of the game completely...
I never bothered leveling to 99, it seems unnecessary. And if you dislike her that much? Take her out, then. It's your remake, right? You can take out Chaz, too, if you'd like, since all you do is complain how worthless both characters are when they both bring something to the table.

Unfortunately in this game, a char's DEF is based off their DEX stat, not AGI, as in the original. And I've added some more armours for Hahn to equip, seeing as he needs it so badly. Believe me, the entire party will go to pieces if Hahn's gets KO'd. That's how important he is in my game. Vision, Doran and Gelun, such life-savers.
So if you changed the formula, the stats and game mechanics aren't the same as they were in PSIV. That throws off much balance in the game, so it's no wonder that some characters are just that bad.

It is good that Hahn's debuffs are finally useful, though. I never bothered with 'em in any playthrough I've done. :p

Of course Shorty was the best darned character in the game, he was the bloody main character!! He's nothing special, you know. Typical generic RPG hero. :roll:
It was an opinion; I never said he was the best. Besides, most RPGs you look at have sterotypical characters. Like in PSIV. Alys is a good example of cliché, with her being the * chick and all. =)

Damn swordsmasters are always so perfectly balanced... like Rolf. :down: I disagree with you that he had the overall best stats though. That honour belongs with Alys. Better HP and TP, better AGI and DEX, and her STR shoots up if you stick with her long enough. Unfortunately, she wasn't developed as a late-game character, otherwise she would have really kicked butt.
Rolf definitely wasn't balanced, I agree with you there. And between Chaz and Alys, it's a toss up. Chaz had better HP, strength and defense, Alys had better agility and more TP I believe. I'd need to play through the game again to confirm this, though.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Re: Phantasy Star: BaNL

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Jun 8, '10, 10:17 am

You know how I feel about Shorty, Tsu. I HATE the guy with a passion. Shouldn't my sig alone be enough? :p As for the battle mechanics, I'm still tweaking a few things here and there. Gryz's SkullBreaker skill is still doing far to much damage and I reduced the power of Hahn's OD Frozen Miasma. He also learns the skill at lvl 7, rather than starting off with it. Battle damage is exactly the same as the original's, though. (Thanks to endless tweaking).

And as for stats, there are only three characters in PS4 who manage to get all their stats up to 99. You don't have to level all of them up to that level, just google a stat sheet and I'm sure a link will pop up. Then you guys tell me who is the overall best balanced PS4 character. Some other fans here have also agreed that Alys has the best overall end-game stats, but sadly, we don't see it, now do we. Most of us probably only took her up to level 14 and that was it... :( Zio saw to that...

Here's a link for all character stats, by fellow Fringer FreshFeeling.
http://www.wrftpb.com/psiv/index.html

Ooooh! Enemy stats galore!! :D Just what I needed.

Time for some new screencaps.

Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More