Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: Phantasy Star: BaNL (5 party member avaliability!)

Postby Tsunami » Wed Jun 16, '10, 8:25 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:Now for those of you who have finished PS2, could you perhaps give me a theory or two on what happened to the Nei weapons? Your feedback will be greatly appreciated. One wonders how they ended up in PS3...
Surprised you haven't finished it, Lyla, considering that you are going to be incorporating key elements from it into your game. :) More specifically, the Nei Sword and weapons/armor (which aren't as important as the wondrous Nei Sword).

Btw, Tsu, I've always disliked Rika, not just because you mentioned she was 'cute'. And stop pointing out my character dislikes.
Then why did you add "and Rika" when you had that Chaz-hater comment in your signature before?

Nobody else has a problem with it.
Or they didn't say anything about it.

I hate Chaz, and that's all there is to it.
Hate is such a powerful word for a fictional character in a video game, of all things.

If the idiot had just dodged the damned Black Wave, Alys would have never been hit. He certainly was fast enough. So I blame him and not Zio or DF. I actually felt sorry for the former...

A question that regards the above... Why did Zio target Chaz and not Alys? I mean, it was apparent that she was the party leader at that point. Of course, if Zio had originally targeted Alys, she would have just dodged the attack like any other and there would be no so-called 'tragedy', therefore, no emotional response to kill Zio.
You don't see anyone else dodging the Black Energy Wave when you fight Zio for a 2nd time. Besides, I think Alys WAS the intended target. She took the hit for Chaz, protecting him. That, my friend, is admirable, and why I liked her character to begin with. Not because she died or was a "tough girl", but because she was willing to fight and protect those she loved. Like Rune said after her passing, she didn't fight for the money; she did it to help people.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Jun 16, '10, 9:08 pm

dimon-in-hell wrote:
dimon-in-hell wrote:
Lyla2284 wrote:That is my eventual aim, to make a prequel to this whole game, but it's shelved for the time being. I simply don't have the time to make two games at once.
Thanks, now I understand your idea. I wish you luck in your realzatsii. Just once again beg your pardon for having hacked your old demo. Due to this, I finally fulfill my dream. You draw great sprites Chibi ))))))))))))

So are you meaning to say you hacked into my old game, and you're using my resources without my permission? That's very unfair, you know. This game has been in development for a year and a half, and I can't have someone hacking into the game and using those resources. I spent ages finding the correct scripts, and I took even longer to configure them to my liking. So basically, are you using my maps and data as well, or just the sprites? That I can allow, provided you credit me when you use the resources, but I can't have you taking the entire project and 'modifying' it to your own tastes. That just wouldn't be fair to me. To top it all, you didn't even ask for my permission to use my project as a template for your game. :evil:

Tell you what. Why don't you start a thread here about your game, and maybe the community can help you out with the project. If your English isn't good enough, ask someone who is proficient with the language, and maybe they can help you as well.

My next demo won't be so easy to hack though. I'm using a special script to encrypt the data in such a way that even a skilled hacker won't even be able to steal and use my resources. That's how protective I am about this whole project.

EDIT: Updated the first post.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Rick » Wed Jun 16, '10, 9:59 pm

Wow.. Now you know why I"m reluctant to finish or even post a demo of my Numan maker and or Fanbite Wars XD

I can't believe someone hacked your demo and stole the resources o.o

Too bad you can't sue over it :(
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby Tanith » Thu Jun 17, '10, 9:08 am

Do you mind if I give you a piece of advice about clichés, Lyla?

Avoiding some clichés is great; I'm glad you're thinking carefully about your game's story. It shows that you care enough about it that you want something new and creative. However, don't get too caught up trying to avoid too many "clichés." I put that in quotation marks because I think people get a little carried away with those types of sites that throw down lists of the "worst of" something, or how not to write fiction, etc. Sometimes, people get a little too critical of what's been done before. If you avoided all the clichés on that list, what kind of a game are you left with? I'm not asking that rhetorically. Really, consider what your game will be like if you take into account avoiding every RPG stereotype out there. Will you be happy with it, or will the amount of effort it takes be worth it? I personally feel that a highly contrived story just for the sake of being different can be just as hard to enjoy as one filled with nothing but stereotypes.

You already said there are some clichés you will include in order to preserve the spirit of the original PS games. That's good, but try not to think of everything on that list as mere clichés. Some of those elements are what keep audiences entertained; they're elements of familiarity that draw a gamer into a game. I would try to strike a balance between the familiar and the radical.

Please don't take this as an affront to your game or your efforts. I think you're doing a great job and I'm impressed by what I see here when you post updates.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu Jun 17, '10, 3:39 pm

@Tanith: I understand perfectly well where you are coming from. Tsu also pointed it out, and if I left out all the cliches, well, we wouldn't have an RPG, now would we? It wouldn't feel like one or play like one, nor would it feel familiar in any way. So the hardest thing about creating my game is, as you said, striking the correct balance between the old and the new.

@Rick: Yeah, that's a real pity. If only. But sadly, it does happen in many RPGMaker games... :(
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby dimon-in-hell » Thu Jun 17, '10, 5:53 pm

dimon-in-hell wrote:
Lyla2284 wrote:So are you meaning to say you hacked into my old game, and you're using my resources without my permission? That's very unfair, you know. This game has been in development for a year and a half, and I can't have someone hacking into the game and using those resources. I spent ages finding the correct scripts, and I took even longer to configure them to my liking. So basically, are you using my maps and data as well, or just the sprites? That I can allow, provided you credit me when you use the resources, but I can't have you taking the entire project and 'modifying' it to your own tastes. That just wouldn't be fair to me. To top it all, you didn't even ask for my permission to use my project as a template for your game. :evil:

Tell you what. Why don't you start a thread here about your game, and maybe the community can help you out with the project. If your English isn't good enough, ask someone who is proficient with the language, and maybe they can help you as well.

My next demo won't be so easy to hack though. I'm using a special script to encrypt the data in such a way that even a skilled hacker won't even be able to steal and use my resources. That's how protective I am about this whole project.

Yes, I'm so sorry :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I can't find anybody how want help me :bang: :bang:
But the less I have not been able to so all and told me. I am no scripters, no maper (((
(as maps I have you picked up only Motavia and several cities, one chibi Hahn and leaving monsters's state, and tilsets )
I understand your work ...Sorry :beg_wily: :beg_wily: :beg_wily: :beg_wily:
No need to worry...
U have such a good live.
dimon-in-hell
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 32

Postby Tsunami » Thu Jun 17, '10, 8:29 pm

dimon-in-hell, it isn't that difficult to get into RMXP. There are a lot of sites for it that provide resources (scripts, tilesets, charsets, etc.). However, to take Lyla's work and tweak it for your own purposes, that's a lack of respect for all her hard work and effort that she's put into this. I applaud her for staying dedicated to her project, I really do. :clap:

I suggest asking for help at somewhere like... I dunno, here. I won't steer this off-topic much more than I already have. If you wanna talk more about that, drop me a PM.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu Jun 17, '10, 9:11 pm

Thank you for that, Tsu. Yes, I am extremely dedicated to this project (must be the fact that I absolutely adore the main character ^^) and I will continue working on it until we see another decent PS fan game on the.. well, net! :D

I wrote an extra scene in the game which involves Alys and Hahn, and delves into their personalities, especially Alys' so-called 'tough girl' exterior. All is revealed in this game. Of course, it's a hidden scene. >< I always had the suspicion that Hahn may have a had a bit of a crush on Ms. Brangwin, and I am heavily inspired by RW's awesome 'Chemistry' fan-fic and my own ideas. Of course, I only take it further, :yaknow: since Al doesn't kick the bucket this time, and therefore allows more relationship growth. And given the fact that most of her past is still shrouded in mystery, there's a ton that you can do with her.

Could there be a love triangle in the making here? Wait till you hear the music, it's like watching a movie... :D

I know there's a graphical error with the sky... ><

Bits of Alys' past will be revealed over time.

Some battle images.

Alys criticals like a demon in here...

Hahn's OD skill in play.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Jun 18, '10, 4:01 am

OH NOES! HE GOT DEMI!

Ahem. Anyways, I didn't even notice that graphical error until you pointed it out. But yeah, amazing job so far Lyla. I'm glad you stuck with it.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Rune_Walsh » Fri Jun 18, '10, 8:04 am

Lyla2284 wrote: I always had the suspicion that Hahn may have a had a bit of a crush on Ms. Brangwin, and I am heavily inspired by RW's awesome 'Chemistry' fan-fic and my own ideas. Of course, I only take it further

Now this is an interesting statement. Now, I mean no disrespect in saying such, but I recall asking you if you were influenced by my fanfic, to which you said no. Now, you're saying you were?

Mind you, I am very flattered and not offended! But, as a college student, I am sure you know what plagiarism is. It shows respect to ask permission if you're going to take anything that came from someone else's creativity. What Dimon did was wrong (really, dude, for shame!). Hopefully, though, this instance will serve as a learning experience for all.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More