Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: Phantasy Star: BaNL (5 party member avaliability!)

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu May 27, '10, 8:51 pm

There you go CW. I had the same problem too but after about ten minutes I got it working. I don't know why it wasn't working. So there you are, just a temp solution for now.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu May 27, '10, 10:54 pm

:starry-eyed: So cuuuuuuute! Well done, Lyla! And thanks, Atlin!

For record, I have no idea why Demi's my favorite character...
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Xander » Thu May 27, '10, 10:57 pm

Awesome sprites. Well done. :D
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri May 28, '10, 1:57 am

Oh yeah, as for the menu script. If you could send it my way, I think I'd be pretty happy. I might even be able to tweek it a bit to turn the "Personal" option into something useful for you.
Atlinsmere

Postby Lyla2284 » Fri May 28, '10, 9:01 am

That's strange. Demi's sprite shows up on the previous page when I loaded it. But it's showing up now, so no big deal. As for the script Atlin, sure I'll send it to you, after I've tried something out first. But I'll give you the script nonetheless for your own use. I'll look at all my avaliable options before resorting to something else. Do you have any ideas in mind, if my options don't pan out?
Do you know RGSS very well, Atlin? Like, really,really well? Because if you do, I have a favour to ask you. A BIG one... It's related to the battle system.

Some more screencaps:

The sprites don't disappear from the caterpillar system like it used to. In the previous version of this script, only Alys would show up, which was why I abandoned the idea of using maps as a background in the first place. Not any more. :D

This is Demi's official artwork for the game. Sorry about the missing hand, I kind of screwed up the drawing of it, so I cropped it out. ><

ImageImage
More DEMI! :lol: Now I have to do her database entry... -_-

That's it for now.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri May 28, '10, 9:22 am

Well, as for RGSS, I am still a beginner. I can do simple stuff like creating windows, moving things, resizing, in some cases I can take out options or add options. I haven't really done anything in awhile though so I am out of practice. I remember the last thing I tried to do was make MOGs Menu compatible with 5 people. Came close too, but I still failed. >.>

As for the Personal option, I was thinking you could add a biography page or a personal journal that updates with the flow of time. I know a few scripts that I could get working for that, mind you the journal option gets a tad complicated. A good example of the biography page is that you could put what's in the manual onto the biography page, maybe even add something to it to make it special.

I really should start learning Ruby again, I didn't buy a forty dollar book just to gather dust now did I?

Well, you are right, it is indeed loading now. But I noticed the problem occurred with a bunch of your previous pictures including your sig. But it's all good now so I'll probably get rid of Demi on my photobucket next time I go there. =P
Atlinsmere

Postby Lyla2284 » Fri May 28, '10, 9:02 pm

Basically, if you can do this Atlin, is to reconfigure the battle command window so it looks similar to PS2 and PS4, where the icons replace the text, and serves as a visual indicator to what the character will do on their next turn. I hope this isn't too much to ask ( or it might ), but if it's too hard, then it's OK with me. :)

And I like the idea that you have for the Personal biography page as well. I also thought, if it's possible, to include how many times a certain char has been KO'd, critical hits, kills and so on, when you visit their Bio page. I've seen it done before, but it only worked for the default menu of RMXP...

I'll send you the script tomorrow via a PM.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Tsunami » Tue Jun 1, '10, 6:00 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:As for Alys and Rune, yes, they were involved romantically in the past, and as the events unfold in the game, that old spark between them slowly starts to re-ignite, and they do, of course, end up together in the end... :) And I do agree with you that Alys is a strong, independant woman who was never clingy or needy. I'm under the illusion that she may be bottling up her true feelings after what Rune did to her, which is explained in the game, and for the most part, she remains perfectly neutral most of the time, throwing out the occasional sarcastic comment or two, but she never shows any real strong emotions. Up until chapter 10, at least....
Well, it sounds like it should be good. ^^ I look forward to this take on it!

As for the last question, my lips remain sealed. 8)
Oh darn. =p

- Started to work on Demi's sprite. Her battler sheet is already done.
- Going to extend the game a bit more so Demi can have a little more involvement in the game.
That is a huge plus in my book. When I went through PSIV, I always felt that she was among the few characters that had the smallest part (not saying that her role overall was small, mind you) story-wise. =\

Note that up until this point I haven't included the Ladea Tower or Plate System yet. More mapping for me.... -_- Does anyone have a sprite rip of the Tower? If you do, please let me know, because I lost all my save games on my Genesis emulator, and I am NOT touching that game again. Or going through all that trouble... I have enough work as it is...
Here's a list of gamesaves to save some time (I hope it helps!):
http://www.fantasyanime.com/phantasystar/ps4saves.htm
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby dimon-in-hell » Wed Jun 2, '10, 12:32 pm

Can I ask a question? Why did you changed chibis? Those were nice ... but these - a frightening ><
No need to worry...
U have such a good live.
dimon-in-hell
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 32

Postby Tsunami » Wed Jun 2, '10, 8:16 pm

dimon-in-hell wrote:Can I ask a question? Why did you changed chibis? Those were nice ... but these - a frightening ><
Probably to match PSIV's sprites more in proportion, from what I gather. I do agree, the chibis were cute though. ^_^
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More