Accepting Fate • Phantasy Star: Fringes of Algo

Accepting Fate

Fan written stories based on Phantasy Star IV.

Re: Accepting Fate

Postby Lucas » Fri Mar 19, '10, 10:47 am

Chapter Eight: Relighting an old flame!

“Why are you doing this?” asked a man in a very distressed voice he was shaking with fear sweat running down his face.
Suddenly a bloody hand raised itself in front of his face. It was the Profound Darkness still within Elisa’s body. She grinned showing her sharp shiny teeth her red evil eyes seemed to stare into the man’s soul piercing it. She rested her blood soaked arm on the mans shoulder and drew her face closer to his. “Wouldn’t you like to know” she whispered in the man’s ear.
“Guuugh!” the man splattered out. Blood dripped from his mouth. Elisa had shoved her other hand straight through the man and out the other side of his body. The man then died collapsing onto her.
She then pulled her hand from the man and examined the fresh blood that was gushing down her arm. “I love the smell” she said raising her arm close to Eilsa’s nose sniffing the blood. “I wonder how it tastes?”
(“No don’t you dare put another human’s blood in my body!”) Elisa rebelled.
The Profound Darkness had now taken complete control of Elisa’s vocals so Elisa could only communicate internally by thinking. The Profound Darkness refused to listen. Elisa’s tongue then emerged from her mouth and ran down her arm licking the blood off. It coated her tongue a dark red and then it slithered back into her mouth like a snake returning to its burrow.
(“You’re corrupting me…”) Elisa told her she was clearly upset she couldn’t do anything. This monster was in full control.
“It tastes…weak” replied the Profound Darkness ignoring Elisa’s previous comment. “Weak like the human it came from”
Then the Profound Darkness looked around and scanned the area. A whole village destroyed bodies lay dead, blood soaked the desert sand, houses destroyed and evil energy seemed to rise from the rubble like smoke. “What a lovely sight. Don’t you agree?” asked the Profound Darkness looking at her most recent chaotic event.

(“When will you…when will you stop the pointless killings?”) asked Elisa the voice in her mind seemed as though she was crying.
“Pointless…” this word seemed to awaken a lost sense in the Profound Darkness. She then grinned her sharp teeth reflected the moonlight in the dark sky. “I guess you are a smart girl after all. I think the killings should stop…for now. I really should attended to someone else” Then the Profound Darkness turned into aura and sped off into the night sky leaving this small village destroyed.

Then they arrived at what appeared to be the entrance to a dark cave. The aura then turned back into Elisa’s body. Her shabby white dress had blood stained all over it her feet and hands had been covered in blood for weeks it was as though it was a new skin colour for her and her once beautiful orange-brownish hair also reeked of dead people. The Profound Darkness was really enjoying itself in her body.
(“ You won’t last…”) Elisa told her. (“Somebody will find a way to kill you”)
The Profound Darkness stopped and stood silent for a moment. Then she burst out laughing a maniacal laugh echoing out the entrance to the cave. “Ahahahahahahaha. No one can kill me not in this state anyway.” She said with confidence.
(“What do you mean?”) asked Elisa.
“Well because you have been such a good little girl. I supposed I could tell you.”
(“Stop toying with me!!!!”) Elisa seemed to have shouted this thought.
“Silence!” shouted Profound Darkness in return. “Listen to me human child. This is only a very small portion of me within you. My vast evil is not entirely on this planet. Oh no I’m sitting right now in the Abyss stewing on the hatred of the people, the fear and the greed. It feeds me it is you people who have made me so strong. I’m only returning what you gave me. But my plans still haven’t begun, no they have not even started!” Then she was cut off from talking.
(“I don’t understand you”) replied Elisa really distressed.
“No of course you wouldn’t your mortal mind is too small to come to grips with everything. Very well because you will be spending a lot of time will me from now on, I guess I’ll tune it down so your low domain brain can understand. You played with dolls when you were a child I presume. Now imagine me, as a child sitting on the bed the bed is the Abyss. I’ve now extended my hand into a dollhouse grabbing a doll. This doll is you, I can now move you around but only my hand is controlling you the rest of me is sitting nice and cosy on the bed out of reach in other words the Abyss. The dollhouses are merely the three planets that I can move you to and from and control what I want you to do for me. Do you understand now child?” asked The Profound Darkness finishing her explanation.
Elisa seemed horrified. (“Your…playing with me…your…your making me kill people”) she stammered out.
“When I left the seal I planted myself in a hidden black hole not even a god will dare go too. Then I released a small portion of my energy sending it to Palma to find my physical host.”
(“Stop talking to me!!!!”) Elisa shouted.
“My, my aren’t we cranky…well you better get used it child. We’re going in now. I have someone I must bring back.”

----------------

Inside the cave it was pitch black it being nighttime also helped create the darkness. Regardless of there being no light the Profound Darkness knew where it was going. It then stopped fairly deep in the cave. Elisa’s hands then held themselves out aura began rising from her palms. The purple glow seemed to light up the small dark room in the cave.
“Medusa, it is I your ‘Ultimate Ruler’ come back to me you must work for me as you did one thousand years ago on Palma. But this time you shall not fail me” instructed the Profound Darkness. Suddenly a warp hole seemed to appear on the floor a large figure then emerged from the hole.
“Yes my Empress” it replied. It then bowed down to Elisa’s body that was much smaller than the creature itself.
It was too dark for Elisa to fully make out what it was but it was big and sounded like a woman.
“You shall continue my onslaught of killings. I must awake my son and further my goals. Do as you must but if you fail I won’t bring you back again. I will instead torture you helpless soul for all eternity. Take my word!”
“Of course Empress, your authority is absolute” the creature replied with respect.
“I must leave this planet now. In time Dark Force and I shall rule Algol together”
“I’m glad to be apart of fulfilling your wish Empress” the creature had a lot of respect for her and at the same time it seemed quite scared of her too.
“Good” the Profound Darkness responded. Then it vanished from the cave completely taking Elisa with it to continue her onslaught of evil.
“It feels so good to be back” said the creature stretching itself out. “Well hunters…time to die” it replied moving into a small patch of moonlight entering through a tiny crack in the cave. This revealed its snake like lower body, but the upper half seemed quite human. “I’m really going to enjoy this!” it told itself in a sly voice.
Lucas
Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star IV