Accepting Fate • Phantasy Star: Fringes of Algo

Accepting Fate

Fan written stories based on Phantasy Star IV.

Re: Accepting Fate

Postby Lucas » Fri Mar 26, '10, 12:06 pm

Chapter Ten: Medusa’s Maw!

Without any hesitation Will ran around to position himself behind Medusa.
Medusa then looked around with her large yellow coloured eyes and seen all three hunter’s had now surrounded her. “Oh please don’t tell me your going to rely on team work to bring me down” she told them.
“You guys be careful. Her claws they’ll pierce straight through any surface!” shouted Hank.

Medusa then admired her long shiny silver claws for a brief moment. She smiled and drew her large hand closer to her chest.
Suddenly Will leapt into the air and performed a very strong fly kick. His foot smashed into Medusa’s elbow and it pushed her long claws straight through her chest they then emerged out her back covered in purple blood.
Medusa looked down at Will and smiled she clearly wasn’t in any pain. “I wasn’t expecting that” she said “Maybe you hunters will be fun to play around with after all” Then she slowly pulled her hand from her chest and out to her front again. Suddenly the holes in her back began to heal automatically.
“What is that some kind of GiRes spell?” Will asked. He seemed surprised she healed so quickly.
“Don’t be silly” answered Medusa “It’s her overwhelming aura she’s healing me”
“Who is healing you?” Autumn shot at her she seemed very determined to know.
“My Empress, the controller of darkness she’s back and it’s my job to destroy as many hunters as I possibly can for her.”
“What!” Will said enraged
Suddenly Autumn got a serious look on her face “This empress what does she look like?” asked Autumn
“My your certainly full of personal questions aren’t you dear. My Empress is a beautiful being words clearly can’t describe her. She was controlling some rag doll when she released me from the netherworld however.”
Autumn knew it was Elisa she was talking about. An image of Elisa smiling flashed in Autumn’s mind. “How dare you call her a rag doll!” she shouted. Autumn then dashed straight toward Medusa full of rage. She performed a very powerful slash attack with her claws but Medusa stopped the attack by holding up her own claws. Then Medusa held her massive hand over Autumn acting like a prison trapping her.
“So I take it you know this girl then” said Medusa grinning showing off her many sharp teeth.
But before Autumn could answer Hank leapt at Medusa with his Knife aiming straight for her head. Medusa using her other hand grabbed Hank while he was in mid air and held him there so he was unable to intervene.
“Rrrr” Hank seemed really frustrated now.
“Haaa!!” Will shouted he was still behind Medusa he then ran straight at her ready to swing his sword. But Medusa quickly wrapped her long purple tail around him holding him in the air just like Hank unable to move.
“My goodness maybe I was wrong you three really are quite pathetic after all”

----------------

“How dare you say that” whispered Autumn.
“What was that dear, you’re speaking so softly I couldn’t hear you” replied Medusa.
“Shut-Up!” she shouted then she smashed away Medusa’s large hand freeing herself and allowing her to be able to move. Then three clones emerged from Autumn they ran their separate ways.
“What’s this?!” Medusa seemed angry and at the same time she was amazed never had she seen such a fighting skill performed before.
Two clones ran around behind Medusa and sliced her tail off freeing Will. The other clone and Autumn herself ran up her back and jumped off her shoulders and came flying down slicing her arm off. Her large arm hit the ground with a bang it shook the cave but Hank was now free.
The clones then disappeared and all the hunters ran around in front of Medusa.
“Thanks Kiddo” said Will he was most pleased.
“Yes great moves Autumn” complimented Hank.
Medusa was in shock she looked on the ground and stared at her now decapitated arm. Then she looked behind her and seen her tail was cut short. Medusa’s head then trailed up and she glared at Autumn.
Autumn was breathing hard her eyes were full of hatred as she looked back at her.
Medusa than began laughing. “Ahahahahaha!”
“What the hell is so funny?” yelled Autumn.
“It’s just like back then too” replied Medusa “She had the same look on her face the look of determination. But her my dear, not even I, could stand up against her. She was fighting for the people. Never had I seen such a strong willed child in all my life. It was her who made me fall from grace. But she’s one thousand years gone now.”
“Are you talking about Alis Landale by any chance?” Will shot at Medusa.
“Alis Landale” replied Medusa she seemed to go into some kind of memory trance for a second.

While Medusa was lost in her thoughts of the past Hank pulled his knife out again. “Haaaa!!” Hank shouted as he threw his large knife straight at Medusa. She held up her other hand and caught it between two long scaly fingers.
“You still wish to fight. Trust me you three stand no chance. I won’t think any less of you if you give in. I never really thought much of you to begin with.”
All the hunters seemed to grow angry at her down-putting remarks.
“Why did you do it was it so you could eat them later or was it to attract attention” asked Will.
“Oh, those poor souls” said Medusa turning to look at the stone boys behind her. “It was for attention of course. I had to get the hunters to come to me. Also I prefer the taste of the local sand newts far better then your foul human flesh” Medusa replied. “But Motavians I’ve never tried one of those before. She then raised her remaining arm and pointed a long sharp fingernail toward Hank.
“And your not going to ever try one of us either!” said Hank in an angry voice.
Autumn then spoke up again “I will promise you. I will defeat you and we will leave this cave with those boys you turned to stone”

Suddenly Medusa stopped for a minute she was clearly thinking of what Autumn said then her face lit up with a very sly smirk. Her eyes became thinner and she seemed to be giggling to herself.
“Haaaa!!” Autumn shouted as jumped up at Medusa ready to slash her.
But Medusa just whacked her away with her remaining arm. Never had any of the hunters fought a foe as menacing as this one.
Will quickly ran over to Autumn and helped her up. “Don’t be reckless Autumn, we all have to leave this place alive remember” he told her.

“Of course that’s it!” Medusa exclaimed out loud, she seemed kind of excited.
All the hunters then drew their attention toward her.
“I have an idea so listen up hunters. I’m going to play a little game with you three. Both you men have my full permission to get those statues out of the cave while I fight the girl” said Medusa pointing a long sharp nail toward Autumn. “If I manage to kill her I’ll come after one of you and fight you and so on”
“Are you serious!” replied Hank loading his handgun.
“Of course dear, this may be your only chance to complete your mission” she replied.
“Why would you care about our mission?” asked Autumn.
“Oh I don’t, I just want to see your potential child. You interest me” replied Medusa.
Autumn then thought for a moment “Okay fine, I’ll take you on and I can assure you, you will fall and so will your weak Empress” Autumn said this with absolute confidence.
“Oh my, I’ve never heard anything so heroic” replied Medusa she seemed to find Autumn’s threat quite humorous.
“Will we have to act fast” shouted Hank as he ran across the othersider of the room toward the stone men.
“Don’t be stupid Hank we can’t leave Autumn behind” he shouted back.
“Will I’ll be fine remember what I asked of you this morning you have to trust me. I‘ll be the one to emerge from the cave after the fight I can assure you” she replied to Will in a reassuring voice.
Will then shut his eyes and looked away he didn’t want to go through with Medusa’s plan but replied “Okay fine, but you better come out if you don’t I’ll never forgive myself”
“Thanks” she said with a smile on her face.
Will then began dragging the other rock boy out of the room with Hank.
When the two finally left the room Medusa spoke up. “I’ve so many things I want to see of you. You dear remind me of Alis so much but can you live up to the battle she put me through.”
“I don’t plan on living up to anything but I do plan on defeating you and finding my best friend” Autumn replied bluntly.
“Very well then enough talk I say we get a move on don’t you?” Then Medusa’s other arm began to grow back right in front of Autumn’s eyes. She saw a new arm emerge in the old ones place her tail also grew back it was like they were never cut off to begin with. “There good as new”
“You’re a cheat, using it’s power to regrow your vile limbs” replied Autumn.
“Oh I’m no cheat. Just making things even you see” Medusa smirked “Hrraaa!!” Medusa took a very large swing toward Autumn with her right claw. Autumn was quick enough to dodge it but then her left claw came her way smashing Autumn back. Autumn hit the ground but she quickly picked herself up when she seen Medusa’s tail spear straight down toward her it smashed into the ground rocks flew into the air it made quite an impact. It would have been unfortunate if it hit Autumn. Autumn then looked behind her and seen Medusa’s purple tail slowly pulling itself out of the hard earth. Now was a chance to strike.

Autumn charged at Medusa with her left hand raised in the air ready to slice her tail off. “Take this!” she shouted but just a few feet away from the tail Autumn was grabbed by something. Something cold and scaly, she looked around her and seen several long green snaked wrapped around her body she couldn’t move they were tightly coiling themselves around her. Then she began to rise into the air and come closer to Medusa’s face. The snakes had extended from her head and shot down to capture Autumn.
“Put me down you freak!” she yelled.
“Aawww, that’s a bit harsh dear. I don’t recall calling you any hurtful names” replied Medusa mocking her. “I just wanted to show you something. I no longer need to hide behind this façade any longer”
“What are you talking about?” asked Autumn
Suddenly the skin began peeling off Medusa’s face.
“Your shedding skin, like a real snake does” Autumn exclaimed she was amazed at what was happening.
Underneath her false face laid a very old wrinkly looking face her now small red eyes were sunken into her skull. Her skin seemed to stretch over the bones in her face and very menacing sharp teeth lined her horrid mouth.
“That’s disturbing” replied Autumn who was now looking at very old and haggish looking lamia.
“This is my true appearance” replied Medusa her voice was now very evil and raspy sounding.
“Um, no offence but I preferred your face before you shed your skin. You looked less ugly” Autumn was trying to turn the problem into a bit of joke.
“Silence, you pathetic mortal” Medusa replied. “I am now going to turn you to stone you shall be a statue and you can remind me of the time that I overcame your helpless abilities. Yes that is your fate!” her horrible voice replied. Medusa then brought across her right hand and two long horrible fingers grabbed the goggles on Autumn’s face and pulled them making the strap at the back of her head snap.
“Oh no!” exclaimed Autumn as the goggles were pulled from her face. She then forced her eyes shut.
“Hahahaha” Medusa began laughing “Show me your beautiful eyes child” she said. Then she raised her fingers closer ready to pry open Autumn’s eye lids and stare into her eyes. The snakes continued to tightly hold Autumn in place so she couldn’t escape.
“Don’t worry dear it will all be over soon” Medusa drew her large repulsive face closer to Autumn.
Autumn then began thrashing her head about madly it was as though she was deliberately holding her breath. She then gasped out, “Stop talking, your breath is disgusting. It’s making me retch!”
Medusa took this to offence. “How dare you!” Then suddenly the snakes holding Autumn tossed her aside. Autumn was thrown across the room she smashed into a wall and fell down on the hard ground. She didn’t move or say anything; her long green hair messily covered her body.

“That’s what you get for having that cocky little attitude of yours!” Medusa replied, “I hope you enjoy your trip in the afterlife Numan child. Now lets see how far those two managed to get.” Suddenly two of the snakes on Medusa’s head stretched out and began sniffing the air. They were sensing how far Will and Hank were from the entrance of the cave with the stone captives. Medusa then replied “Oh dear, I thought they would have gotten further than that. Oh well I guess I should go kill them now”

----------------

Suddenly a slash of brilliant white light appeared and Medusa found her head falling to the ground. The earth grew closer to her face with each passing second. “What?” she exclaimed in a surprised voice.
Autumn then staggered over toward her unholy head, which was now on the ground. Medusa’s headless body hit the ground with a mighty bang the cave shook violently and purple blood began coating the cave floor.
“Head decapitation my only weakness” Medusa softly spoke out. “Yes it was the same back then, there was no stopping her from doing right. Maybe you will be the threat to my Empresses plans after all. I’m no use to her anymore not now” Medusa seemed to pity herself.
“You brought it on yourself” replied Autumn “Picking off innocent explorers of course you had to expect somebody would come and stop you”
“I don’t understand though. That throw should have killed you before!” Medusa replied.
“Trust me with the life I had back on Palma I took worse falls and trips than that. But you did manage to break my nose. I suppose you consider that a bonus on your behalf” replied Autumn with blood running out of her nose and dripping off her chin.
“What good is a bonus if your soul cannot belong to you anymore”
“I’m not going to feel sorry for you, you understand. For starters your working with that thing that thing that has her. It has Elisa you would have seen her and also your intention to kill us hunters it is us who help make this solar system safe. Safe from monsters like you. You got what was coming to you” Autumn seemed full of rage as she spoke.
“You know girl, you could have ended this battle a lot sooner. When your performed your skill before and ran up my back to free the Motavian. You could have beheaded me then.” Replied Medusa trying to make Autumn feel bad.
Autumn didn’t say anything.
Medusa also fell silent for a moment her evil eyes scanned the area around her. Her headless body laid just meters away from her head. “You know something child” she then said.
“Enlighten me!” replied Autumn she had rage in her eyes.
“You’re the monster here!” she said in a weak voice.
Autumn raised her claw and slashed straight through Medusa’s idling head. She then turned and walked out of the room not looking back. Medusa was now dead but the greatest of all evil was still around at least Motavia could rest a little easier for a while now that the Valley Maze was safer.

Autumn began following the tracks she could see on the ground from Hank and Will as they dragged the stone men out. She then stopped for a moment and wiped the blood from her nose but more just came out immediately after. “Man, this is annoying” she said to herself. Suddenly Autumn gasped out in more pain “Oww” she said. As she looked down she seen a green snake it was one of the snakes from Medusa’s head it must have unattached itself and started living independently it had its small sharp fangs stuck in Autumn's right leg. Autumn shook her leg and the snake flung off and slithered away. “This can’t be good” she told herself. Two small holes sat on the lower part of her leg purple venom could be seen dripping out of both holes.

She then looked up and told herself “I have to move it now” Autumn then began running eventually she could see light up ahead but her vision started to blur. “Nearly there” she told herself. She was sweating and was losing colour her skin was turning pale at an alarming rate.

Then she emerged outside and seen Hank over to the right talking to two men it must have been the captives only they were now brought back. She looked ahead of her and seen Will he was busy sharpening his sword on a large nearby rock.
“Will!” she shouted running toward him.
Will turned and let out a sigh of relief. “Hey thank god you made it. So what happened to Medusa?” he asked.
“I exterm…exter…I” Autumn was struggling to speak.
“Are you okay. Is it your nose?” asked Will noticing it was broken and bleeding.
“N…nnnn…no…leg” she managed to get out.
“What” exclaimed Will. He then ran forward and caught her in his protective arms she then fell unconscious. “Hey Autumn, Autumn!” he shouted at her but she never responded her skin was now all pale and she was sweating badly. “She’ll dehydrate out here. Hey Hank!” shouted Will.
Hank then turned and looked so did both men. “What is the problem?” he asked running toward Will.
“Something is wrong with Autumn. We have to get her back to Aiedo now!”
Lucas
Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star IV