Chronicles Of Algo

Adventures in board based gaming.

Re: Chronicles Of Algo

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon May 31, '10, 9:58 am

OOC: New Character for me while Jakob is in a coma. =P I'll do something with him tomorrow and I'll get around to drawing him much later when I can properly get a feel for his complicated character design. =P

==============================================

Name: Charlie James Hunter "CJ"
Hometown: Krup
Race/occupation: Palman, Thief
Height: 5'7
Weight: 142lbs (242 lbs with weights on)
Appearance:
~eye color: Green
~hair color: White, silver in moonlight
~hair style: medium length, generally messy but tied back with a bandana
~Clothes: Blue shorts with green palm trees, black muscle shirt, Dark green Motavian cloak that helps to conceal his face. Black fingerless gloves with dark green padding on the back (right glove is merged with weapon).
~Accessories: Black wrist band on with the word "FATE" on it in white on left forearm. 50lb Weights tied to ankles. A small necklace with an odd pendant.
Equipment: Laser sword on left waist, dual ceramic knives hanging on right waist, Blood Axe that hangs off back, Laser Claw which is merged with his right glove, ceramic shin pads.
Techs: Tsu, Wat, Res, Saner, Shift, Hinas, Ryuka
Skills: Crosscut, Airslash, Rayblade, Crash, Vision, Double slash

Character History: Born and raised in Krup, he grew up in Krup as a delinquent despite the people around him trying to persuade him otherwise. Despite people thinking he was trying to just draw attention to himself, CJ just wanted to be alone. On his eleventh birthday, he ran away from home taking with him only a bandana and hunting knife. Upon his first encounter with a biomonster, a man named Geoff saved him and taught him how to steal to survive and fight with a sword. After two years with Geoff, CJ was awarded with his masters Laser Sword and necklace before vanishing the next day.

Not knowing where to go, Charlie walked along until he came to a cave. Exploring this cave he came to a small town called Tonoe where a Motavian taught him how to use an axe for working fairly after he was caught stealing by a Motavian named Rori. After another two years, CJ had enough and stole a nearby axe, along with a Motavian cloak so he could sneak out of town easier. He ended up keeping the cloak due to the coolness from the heat it offered.

After a year of travel alone, Charlie came across a mysterious hooded stranger who called himself Magnus. The hooded man taught CJ how to use a claw and gave him weights for his legs to help with speed and his green gloves . CJ continued to travel with Magnus until he vanished just as mysteriously as Geoff had four years before.

With no where else to go, Charlie began traveling alone again until he was caught stealing by an ex-hunter named Jakob who taught CJ how to use knives properly for a month. After that, Jakob bid Charlie farewell and went on his way to open up a shop in Neo Paseo. After another year of traveling alone, CJ began having nightmares that kept telling him the same thing. Find Jakob.

Other: According to what Charlie heard, he is thought to be dead by the residents of Krup.
Last edited by Atlinsmere on Mon May 31, '10, 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Snorb » Mon May 31, '10, 7:20 pm

Once Trey left, Shalelu turned towards Celeith and the girl they had rescued from the androids. Cargo? she wondered. It's not comfy at all being cargo...

"So! Were you a stowaway?" she asked, displaying her usual blunt lack of tact. "Or, gasp! A girl-in-a-box! I've heard of those! People smuggle them all over Motavia! Oooh, when I find who put you in that box, I'm gonna go... go... beat 'em up! >_<"
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon May 31, '10, 9:09 pm

Charlie
Charlie was walking along the deserts of Motavia searching for his latest mentor Jakob. He couldn't help but have a feeling that if he didn't, all life would perish. He had been having the same dream constantly over the past three weeks.

He would dream that he was standing at the edge of the world, looking into a whole of darkness. From that darkness a man would emerge in a black, holding the severed heads of Geoff and Rori. Though there was no sound, his words were strong. "Jakob Daze" was all he said before dropping the heads and pulling out a magnificent sword of gold and silver.

But that wasn't important now. What was important was finding Jakob. CJ had this feeling. So he saw finally saw the outskirts of his destination. He saw Neo Paseo.
Atlinsmere

Postby Tanith » Tue Jun 1, '10, 12:04 am

The girl was the cargo? Brigit though to herself. It didn't sit well with her, and she began fidgeting nervously in her chair.

"I was cargo once," she spoke up without really realizing it. "I was sold to..." she looked around, her voice broke off. "Never mind. It led to me becoming the monster I am today, and I'm sorry, but I'm going to keep rambling if I don't get out of this room for a while. Excuse me..." she rose from her seat and headed to the roof where she could work on her frazzled circuits. She also desperately needed a smoke.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jun 1, '10, 12:13 am

Looking around Neo Paseo, CJ was amazed at how tight security was. Not that it would ever stop him if he found something of interest. But right now, he had more things to worry about. He found a local and asked if they knew a Jakob Daze, the man said no but pointed him into the direction of someone who would know.

Even though he hated to do so, he asked a guard named Jimmy if he knew Jakob. The man nodded and gave directions to CJ to a shop called Lazy Daze.

"So I guess you did open up a shop huh?" CJ found himself mumbling as helooked at the Closed sign. Even though it was important, it could wait a bit as the store was closed. So CJ decided to wonder the town, hoping to find a good inn to stay the night.
Atlinsmere

Postby Tanith » Tue Jun 1, '10, 12:28 am

Brigit was sitting on the balcony, adjusting a few circuits in her new arm, trying to set them to her own personal preferences. She couldn't believe how brand new everything felt in her arm, including the laconian skeleton. It was as if Jakob's spell had actually strengthened everything. The new circuits were tough, too, and she was struggling with a special tool when she lost control of it and it went flying into the air, over the balcony and into the street below.

"Oh ****!" she blurted as she ran over to the railing to see where it had gone. She saw the tool shining on the ground. The closest person to the tool was a man in a green cloak.

"I'm sorry!" she called to the man. "I hope that didn't hit you. I'll be down in a second!"

She closed up her arm and scrambled down the stairs to get the tool and catch up with the man.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Celeith » Tue Jun 1, '10, 12:31 am

Name: Trey Ruglia
Hometown: Aiedo
Race/occupation: Palman/Treasure Hunter
Height: 5'3
Weight: 148lbs
Appearance:
~eye color: Green
~hair color: Blue
~hair style: Short and clean kept, hangs down in front of face.
~Clothes: Red Headband, sleeveless white shirt, dark blue shorts just below knees, travelling shoes.
~Accessories: A familiar shaped ring.
Equipment: HUNT-KNIFE x2, ???-Ring
Techs: Shift, Saner, Deban, Wat, Tsu, Gires
Skills: ????, Rayblade, Focus (Increases strength but causes fatigue), Medic Power

Character History: Trey was born in the town of Aiedo to Claude Ruglia and Cecillia Ruglia, and is the elder brother of Anise Ruglia age 15. When Trey was a youth his father passed due to a mysterious illness, leaving him to take care of his mother and sister. As he grew he learned swordsmanship from his neighbor Mathias, who also taught his younger sister Celeith. Trey and Celeith grew up together, forming a strong bond. When Trey joined the hunters guild at the age of 14, he left on his first mission to help with the security of Neo Paseo's construction. He is well known as the defeater of a thousand sandworms, or so they call him. When he returned to Aiedo at the age of 18 his name was well known throughout the hunters guild. The guildmaster then assigned him a special task. To search for rare and exclusive treasures of the past that may help recover Motavia's green nature. Trey accepted this task and now lives the life of a treasure hunter, but usually spends all his time in Neo Paseo at Celeiths shop with his good friend.

Other: It is said that Trey has accumulated over 1 million Meseta from his journeys.. But it is just a myth.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Tanith » Thu Jun 3, '10, 3:53 am

"I'm so sorry," Brigit apologized to the shadowy figure in the green cape as she bent down to retrieve her tool. "I haven't been myself lately. Actually, I haven't been around humanity as much as I have lately, which is probably the real problem," she laughed, but stopped as she looked up at the man. One of her sensors was sending a very strange signal to her brain, something of a sensation of déjà vu.

She pushed her glasses up on top of her head to get a better look at the man, but it was hard to make anything out from underneath his cloak.

"I... uh... do I know you?" she stumbled over her words. "No, that's impossible. Sorry for bothering you," she said and turned around, reaching nervously for a cigarette and lighting it as she headed to the alley next to the inn.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Jun 3, '10, 4:01 am

Charlie
CJ watched as the woman walked away. When she completely disappeared from his vision he held up a small coin purse. Only 47 meseta? Damn, I must of grabbed her change purse he thought as he emptied the meseta into his pocket, dropping the purse on the ground. "I could go for a cold drink right about now," CJ mumbled as he walked down the street.
Atlinsmere

Postby Tanith » Thu Jun 3, '10, 4:56 am

Brigit leaned against the inn's outer wall down the alley, the word "humanity" kept repeating in her head over and over again.

"I gotta get out of here," she said as she released a cloud of smoke into the air. She took a final drag, extinguished the cigarette and patted her pocket for her paper.

"Oh, right. It's gone," she said glumly and sighed. She went inside to tell whoever cared that she'd be back in a few hours, then left straight for Neo Paseo's records archive. Like everything else in town it was guarded, and after filling out a few forms and checking her vulcan into a secure room, she started perusing records for any mention of Magnus.

Nothing.

Just like all the other towns in the last 250 years. She was chasing a ghost and couldn't reprogram herself to stop. She tried to take a siesta in the archives, but was kicked out by the guards for "loitering." If it wasn't for Jakob, she'd leave town, but she felt she owed him... something. She wasn't sure how she'd repay him, actually.

She went back to the inn to crash for the rest of the day, and hopefully many days after.

Humanity. It was starting to get to her.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay