Chronicles Of Algo

Adventures in board based gaming.

Re: Chronicles Of Algo

Postby Snorb » Sun Jun 6, '10, 10:19 pm

"Airship!"

Shalelu looked at the large craft, her purple eyes sparkling with delight as she took in every detail of its framework. "Brigit! Celeith! Mister Owl! CJ! This is so! Much! BETTER! than a jet scooter! We can make it to Uzo really fast, and I think it's better than flying by... cannon!"

She took a toy cannon out of her backpack and held it in her hands, followed by a catapult. "Or a catapult!" she continued, grinning. "Or even a giant crossbow... I think I have one of those... nope. Must be in my other backpack... oh, well! This is gonna fun! ^_^"

Then she heard what Brigit said about CJ's interest. Interested? she wondered. "Hmm... maybe I should give him something, then!"

Digging through her backpack, she eventually found a brightly-colored pink and purple pinwheel. Taking it out, she then noticed several notebooks. Most of them were hers- old travel diaries, collected recipe book, and two pages of a novel- but the large, leather-bound black notebook had always intrigued her.

Shalelu opened the notebook, reading the writing within: Some of it was her father's, some her mother's, but the intriguing part was four pages of strange pictographs. There were a series of what her parents inferred to be an alphabet, followed by partially-translated sentence fragments. Some of them had hand-written translations that read, "EARTH(?)," "THREE (?) POWERS," "DARKEST NIGHT and BRIGHTEST DAY," and "TERROR FROM BEYOND(? could be HELL?)."

Shrugging, Shalelu closed the notebook, put it back in her pack, then headed over to CJ, ready to offer him the pinwheel. All thoughts of the notebook's contents were quickly forgotten.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Jun 7, '10, 12:11 am

Looking at the airship, CJ felt a little lightheaded. Palmans were meant to be on the ground, not in the air. If the Great Light had intended for Palmans to flys, he would have given them wings or made it so when they flap their arms, they ascend into the air.

He checked his weapons underneath his cloak and rested his hand on his axe, making sure it was still secure. As long as he didn't have to go back to Krup, everything would be fine he reassured himself.

He looked back, out of the hangar reassuring himself this was all for Jakob's sake. He turned back around and began to walk towards the airship, when a pinwheel popped in front of his face, making him stagger back onto a conveniently place cardboard box which got crushed beneath his weight. Looking down, he saw Shalelu. He threw his head back in defeat and closed his eyes. He looked like a fool.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Tanith » Tue Jun 8, '10, 3:38 am

Brigit & Bo
Amused, Brigit watched CJ fall into the cardboard box. Ah, young love. She was sure Shalelu would help him to his feet, plus she didn't want to butt in, so she sat down on the side of a pier and let her legs dangle over the edge. As usual, she lit up a cigarette and was puffing on it, waiting for the word to board the ship. Bo landed on her shoulder and feel fast asleep. Brigit was getting used to being used as an owl perch.

She had her back to Celeith and her friend, Eldrich. She was afraid Eldrich would recognize her and wonder what she was doing here with the rest of the group. She had run into him a few months ago as she was fixing her jet scooter where it was currently docked. He was the first person she could remember who was suspicious of her vessel license. It was, after all, a couple of centuries old. She had tried to keep the license looking new, but with all of her travel, it was nearly impossible. She needed that jet scooter to get back and forth to her cave, and didn't want the scooter confiscated. She couldn't get a new license because she had no records. Well, no records anyone would believe, anyway.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Celeith » Wed Jun 9, '10, 12:39 am

The preparations for launch were complete. Trey, Celeith and Eldrich, three friends were united but had to part ways. "It was great seeing you. Don't worry we'll be back before you know it." Celeith said to Eldrich.

"Don't worry, we'll wait for you?" Eldrich replied as he placed his hand on her shoulder. He took a few steps towards the others of the group and with a low voice Celeith replied "We?"

Eldrich slowly approached Brigit and glanced at her face. "Oh I almost forgot!" He said as he rummaged through his pocket. He took out a small card and placed it in the girls hand. "For now on use this. You won't have any more trouble" he whispered to her as he placed a card in her hand.

And with that said Eldrich left the dock.. Vanishing with the hustle of the town. "He's full of suprises isn't he?" Trey said. He waved his hand, giving the signal for everyone to board the ship.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Tanith » Wed Jun 9, '10, 3:09 am

Brigit rose from where she was sitting on the dock, Bo still on her shoulder, and quietly gave Eldrich a thank you. She wasn't sure if she was blushing, but it felt like it. Why was everyone being so nice to her? Perhaps she should have revisited society a while ago, rather than revert to near-hermit status some years ago after the incident with the key tube.

Oh well, she thought to herself as she boarded the ship with the rest of the group. Right now there were more important things to focus on, particularly getting Jakob the help he needed. Celeith and Trey said they knew someone who might be able to help, but Brigit also wanted to rummage through her huge textbook collection. There might be something valuable in one of them that could explain Jakob's enormous technique/magic usage.

The only problem with visiting her cave was what to do about CJ. How was she going to keep that thief away from her stuff? Some of it she wouldn't mind parting with, but so much of it was collected from the time she was experimented on. Those bits of research and technology were her only links to Magnus.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Snorb » Thu Jun 10, '10, 12:40 pm

Shalelu sweatdropped, still holding the pinwheel out in front of her as she watched CJ fall backwards into the stack of boxes. After a few seconds for the shock to register, she reached out and helped him up. "There we go," she said once he was standing. "I made this for you! ^_^"

Thrusting the pinwheel into CJ's hands, she then pointed to the airship. "Let's get on!" Shalelu said, grinning. "Airship, airship, yay!"
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Jun 10, '10, 9:54 pm

CJ held the pinwheel in his hand, watching it as it spun. Looking at the airship, he began feeling uneasy again. "Here goes nothing," he mumbled as he put the pinwheel in his pocket. Following Shalelu, he went onto the airship.
Atlinsmere

Postby Celeith » Sat Jun 12, '10, 1:04 am

The ship rose from the ground. There were no propellers nor machines helping the ship stay in the air. "Don't worry, the Sylvina is a steady ship. She won't fall so easily." Trey said as he took the wheel.

Within a second the ship shot forward with great speed. "WHOA!!!!" Celeith screamed as she tried to keep her balance. "So what moves the ship? I don't see any computers or propellers.. I don't see anything that would make this thing fly." Celeith said.

"Hehe, its my secret." he replied as he turned back towards his friend.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat Jun 12, '10, 2:11 am

Charlie felt his face turning pale as he begun to feel uneasy at the ships take off. He fell from his feet when the ship picked up speed and he desperately tried to grab something to keep himself steady. It was a battle to keep his lunch in from earlier that day. Palmans were NOT meant to fly.
Atlinsmere

Postby Tanith » Sat Jun 12, '10, 2:46 am

Brigit & Bo

"SCREEE!" Bo let out a screech as he was jarred awake by the ship taking off.

"Jeez Louise, Bo!" Brigit exclaimed as she grabbed her ear closest to the owl. She directed the bird to sit in her lap rather than on her shoulder, just in case he squawked again.

Brigit noticed CJ was looking particularly pale, so she reached through her coveralls into a medical pouch she had wrapped around her torso and pulled out a special nausea patch she had made from instructions in one of Magnus's medical manuals. She was probably the only person on Motavia that had this knowledge, unless Magnus really did exist.

"Here," she said quietly as she handed the patch to CJ. "You can put this anywhere on your skin; it won't make you drowsy, I promise. I'm not trying to make friends with you, I just don't want to mop up your dinner later."
Tanith
Palman
Palman

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay