Chronicles Of Algo

Adventures in board based gaming.

Re: Chronicles Of Algo

Postby Tanith » Thu May 20, '10, 3:15 am

Brigit
"Oh boy, a reunion!" Brigit mused as she saw Jakob rush up to the wreckage and immediately take on several new androids. She could see Shalelu a short distance away as well. And there was that damn owl...

Never mind, she said to herself, now's an opportunity to disable that fusion core on the transport before the flames reach it. She looked down at the girl.

"I'm sorry, but I need to take care of something," she said to her. "I can't leave you here, so hold on to me as tightly as you can." The girl wrapped herself around Brigit's front and squeezed as tightly as possible. Brigit used her cyborg arm to hold the girl down even more as she cloaked herself again.

"I hope you're invisible now, too. Otherwise this is going to look mighty strange," Brigit said to the girl as she made a mad dash over to the burning transport.

She crawled underneath the massive vehicle and went straight for the tank. Once she was on her back, she began disassembling it. Even one-handed, Brigit got the tank free in only a few seconds. Thank goodness I brought my tool belt to Neo Paseo, she thought as she hooked a strange-looking wrench back onto her belt. She got up in a crouching position, tank in one hand, girl in the other,vulcan strapped to her back (she felt like quite the pack mule at that moment), and scurried out from underneath the vehicle.

She rushed back to the rocks and opened the tank, dousing it with several rounds of Wat.

"That'll keep it from blowing us all to smithereens," she said to the girl, who was still holding onto Brigit for dear life.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Celeith » Thu May 20, '10, 5:27 am

Within a quick moment Celeiths foot was placed firmly in the androids face. Celeith had a weird look on her face.. As if she enjoyed nothing but battle. The android grabbed ahold of her leg, but with one swift motion Celeith slashed her swords downwards, cutting the robots arms clean off.

"Pathetic!" was all that she said as she pushed the droid to the ground. Sparks flew from its body as she stomped on its head, smashing it to pieces. The flames from the ship were dying down and it seemed as if someone had stopped the cargo ship from being halted.

The wind began to pick up and the clouds covered the sun. Celeith jumped back a bit after feeling something graze her face. Blood dripped down her cheek and the sound of metal clanking could be heard once again surrounding her.

Brigit and Jakob were near each other and Celeith moved closer to them. "You two, it looks like I need your assistance with these enemies." she said as the sun came out from the clouds, revealing the group to be surrounded by what appeared to be 100 androids. "You've got to be kidding me! Celeith thought to herself as the group drew their weapons and prepared for battle.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Tanith » Thu May 20, '10, 5:57 am

Brigit and Bo
"There's no way we can... wait..." Brigit looked up at the sky. "Hey you! Bird! Owl! Whatever your name is!"

Bo turned in Brigit's direction, "The name's Bo, thank you v-"

"Whatever," Brigit interrupted. "You're an Esper. Sort of. Anyway, you know magic? Use "FLY" and get us out of here!"

"Impossible!" Bo exclaimed. "There are too many of you!"

"Then get her out of here!" Brigit pointed to the girl wrapped around her chest. "I think these droids are after her!"

"I don't know where FLY will take us, though! I don't know this planet!"

"Does it matter?" Brigit retorted. "Come on! Help us!"

Bo fell into a dive, towards the girl, a white light surrounded his wings. He appeared to vaporize as he touched the girl with his talons. The two vanished in a flash of blinding light.

"Oh, thank the Light," Brigit sighed, standing up straight. She pulled her vulcan around and aimed it at as many of the oncoming androids as possible. A wave of neon green light poured out from her vulcan and into the droids, taking out the first wave of mechanism before they could reach the fighters. They kept coming, though. As she waited for her weapon to charge again, she unleashed Flare as many times as she could, knowing it would out her as non-human, but fearing it was necessary at this point. Every robot she focused on got a full charge of red hot fire from her eyes.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Celeith » Thu May 20, '10, 6:59 pm

Celeiths body began to glow a bright color as she ran towards the second wave of enemies. "Astral!" she screamed out as her speed increased. Her body was as a flash of light and in a instant ten androids fell down.

A strong blast of ice shot across the field. Celeith looked ahead and noticed the third wave of androids appearing to chant. "Tech users? But how?" she asked herself. How was it possible for androids to use techniques..

"They must be early models." Celeith said.. The group of three seemed to be outmatched and outclassed. The androids had three types, close range sword fighters, mid range gunners, and long range tech users. The group had only two types, close range and mid range.

"We gotta split up!" She yelled out. "I'll take the gunners, Brigit or whatever your name was.. You take out the ones in the front wielding the swords and axes.. And Jakob... I'm counting on you to take out those tech users!" she yelled as she gave out a order.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri May 21, '10, 6:38 am

Jakob let out a laugh as he bolted into action, "You know me all too well don't you Celieth?" he managed to say as he dashed towards the back, taking any android who got near him out of the way.

Reaching in his back pocket, Jakob pulled out a box that was the size of his hand, an antenna popped out of it. "I hope this works," he found himself saying as he sliced down some more enemies. "Charlie to Daze, Charlie to DAze, you read me?" Jakob said into the box. "Charlie to Daze. CAn you hear me?"

'I read you Daze, this is Charlie. I'm surprised it works. But that's not important right now, there are robots attacking Neo Paseo, where are you? We could use your help!'

Damn, Jakob thought as slashed down another, "Kind of got my hands full, I'm right in the mid-" The walkie talkie was destroyed as a gunner shot it. Falling to the ground in pieces. Jakob snapped. His mind went blank, his face expressionless.

Jakob began to get reckless, with no care about himself. He was throwing techniques at random, destroying whatever got in his way. He was beginning to be more dangerous than the androids themselves.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Snorb » Fri May 21, '10, 11:12 pm

It took her a few minutes, but Shalelu had managed to find the source of the thick smoke in the distance- there was a large battle going on. Surprised, Shalelu noticed her recent companions were in the thick of it.

"Well! Looks like... robots. And they're fighting Jake and Brigit and... that means I should help!"

Slowly, carefully, she unsheathed the scimitar that was strapped to her hip. Giving the blade a small twirl, she ran towards the burning landrover, ready to charge an android.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Tanith » Sat May 22, '10, 3:42 am

Brigit
"They must be coming from an underground factory!" Brigit called out to her newly found comrades, hoping they could hear her. "Old droid plants are buried all over this planet!" She dropped another spent positron bolt cartridge to the ground and loaded another one in a single click. She had six clips left and prayed it would get them through the onslaught of mechanized invaders.

She downed another axe-wielding robot with Flare as she drew massive amounts of electricity from the fallen mechanisms that surrounded her. The electricity formed in a giant sphere in her left arm and hand. She made a sweeping motion and hurled the white-hot ball of energy into another line of oncoming robots.

Her right shoulder took a hit from the strange axe an android violently swung in her direction. A mess of blood, muscle, metal and artificial fibers were now dangerously exposed, knocking her vulcan forcibly out of her hand. Brigit buckled from the force and pain of the blow, dropping to her knees and grabbing her right shoulder. With her burning red eyes, she angrily blast the android towering over her with flare, then shielded herself with a shout of Warla. She tried casting Salve to heal her arm, but the damage was too deep. Regeneration would take hours, she assessed. Her arm was hanging by a few wires now, and she needed her other arm to keep it in place.

She had just enough technique power to unleash a final, unforgiving round of Sag into the androids that now had her surrounded. The blast created a mini-crater around her, but there were more cold, mechanized eyes staring down at her from the top of the crater. They just kept coming; there was no end.

Someone has reactivated an assembly line! Brigit fumed inside her head. That's what happens when these plants aren't properly sealed!

"Jakob!" she cried out between gasps of pain. "Your equipment! Do you have a ground sensor? Look for... *gasp*... an opening... *grunt* and seal it..."
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat May 22, '10, 3:58 am

Jakob sat in darkness, watching himself on a screen battle. How many had he destroyed already? Tens? Hundreds? Or even more? He slashed left and right, firing off techniques, skills, even magic. No android had even touched yet, he was bleeding. Blood ran from his eye, all the way down his chest, out his nose, into a stream that seemed to come out his mouth. At this rate he would be dead soon.

If he could just take over his body again, he could use "that" forbidden technique which he had used only once before. "That" technique could end everything here and keep everybody safe. If only he could regain control of his beserked body to use "that" technique.
Atlinsmere

Postby Celeith » Sun May 23, '10, 10:46 pm

Celeith took out the androids one by one. "To easy, just pathetic." she screamed out. The final gunner droid fell as Celeith slammed her swords through its forhead, causing it to explode.

At that moment she felt a sudden shock through her body.. Her eyes, hair, clothes, and other things turned back to normal.. The moon pendant around her neck reformed magically as Celeith dropped to the ground. "What.. what happened? I thought I died?" she asked herself as she placed her hand on her head.

Standing to her feet she looked around to see what appeared to be hundreds of androids laying around her. "Did I do this?" "Wait I remember now!"

Only when you are on the brink of death will you be able to break the pendant. Only then will you transform into the battle maiden.

She remembered this voice say to her as she looked around the battlefield.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed May 26, '10, 5:40 am

How much blood had he lost already? How many did he kill? How many more would he kill? Jakob did not know these answers, nor did he care. He simply watched himself on that screen fight. "Hewn! Flaeli! NaZan! GiWat! GiGra! NaWat!" He heard himself say as he fired everything around him, draining his own energy in the process. He turned around at the incoming horde, his face completely void of emotion.

Jakob sat in the darkness. He was getting tired of this. Tired of these things that destroyed his recreation. He wanted to finish it, but he had to regain control. He found himself standing in that darkness, running towards the screen. With his fist he punched through the screen. Shattering it, and snapping back into reality. He felt weak. Obviously the effect of using so much magic and techniques. He spat a mouthful of blood and looked at the remaining horde heading towards Neo Paseo. He estimated about five hundred or so. "Damn. Guess I'll have to use 'that' magic." He found himself saying as he put his sword and stood straight, his left hand in the center of his face while his right hand was positioned to his immediate right.

"Palaemon, god of water, support me with the strength needed to defeat my foe.Aura, goddess of air, help keep those who are close to me safe. Gaia, goddess of earth, Help me to get revenge upon those who have destroyed you. Agni, god of fire, feel my anger as I offer these sacrifices to your eternal flames."

With that, his body began glowing bright. Four orbs circled around Jakob's body, each with a different colour. Blue, the colour of water. Green, the colour of air. Yellow, the colour of earth. Red, the colour of fire. Jakob's body seemed to absorb these orbs as they went into his body. He concentrated all his new found energy into his right hand. He moved his hand in a circle in front of him, bringing it a full three hundred-sixty degrees, with his hand on his right, he bent his elbow, his palm never leaving the direction of his enemies. Bringing his left foot back, He pushed his arm out, with his left hand he removed it from his face and grabbed his elbow for support as he said two simple words. "Elemental Destruction."

A light too bright to see shot forth from his hand obliterating anything in site. Everything it touched seemed to explode, not just in front of him either, but all around him. Even Neo Paseo seemed to explode with the bright light. But that's all there was was light. No sound, nothing. It seemed as if the end of the world was coming. It seemed as if nothing would survive. It seemed as if there was no hope left at all in the world until finally. It stopped.

Jakob looked around, not an android in site. Everyone who was helping to fight the androids were safe, in fact, they looked like they were perfectly fine. They were healed. He looked around, Neo Paseo was safe. He looked at Brigit and smiled. Even her wounds were fixed.

Jakob fell to his knees, exhausted and a bloody mess. He looked at the ground which invited him. He smiled and said, "Sure," before falling into darkness.
Atlinsmere

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay