What are you listening to?

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby Lucas » Sat Nov 19, '11, 8:47 am

Been listening to Disturbed’s latest album The Lost Children. I love nearly all the songs on there, but I’ve been playing “Dehumanized” and “Mine” the most.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Fogeltje » Wed Jan 11, '12, 10:35 pm

Listening to the song Highwayman by Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings and Kris Kristofferson right now in my Johnny Cash play list.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Thu Jan 12, '12, 4:53 am

I'm playing the music CD that came with Zelda: Skyward Sword currently. It's a good selection of music from the series, but I'm a bit disappointed that there are only eight tracks on the disc.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby myau56 » Thu Jan 12, '12, 9:10 pm

I'm listening to the last album from AMORPHIS : The Beginning of Times : truly FANTASTIC ! I cannot stop ! A band to follow :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Lucas » Thu Jan 26, '12, 6:15 am

"Honest Eyes" by Black Tide, it’s going to be on the SF X Tekken OST. Part of the song already appears during the end of one of the gameplay trailers released as well.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Jan 26, '12, 11:59 am

myau56 wrote:I'm listening to the last album from AMORPHIS : The Beginning of Times : truly FANTASTIC ! I cannot stop ! A band to follow :)

You're an Amorphis fan too? They're easily one of my top five favorite bands! :D

If you want to know what I've been listening too, you can see at my last.fm. http://www.last.fm/user/WolfBird324 But right now I'm listening to a podcast.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Thu Jan 26, '12, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Thu Jan 26, '12, 1:05 pm

Yes ! The best band in the world ! Finland power ! Truly an amazing band, the last albums are "too" superbs (if it can be too superb !^^), magnificient creations etc...for those who had never listen...listen ! lol this is an order ! :)
So CAGED WOLF is a woman of taste !
Ah you are listening to Sabaton too ? I love them too ! Sweden mpower this time ;)
I didn't know this last FM site and it's very interesting ! I'll visit it (I'm on it actually ;) ) more importantly later.
Last edited by myau56 on Fri Jan 27, '12, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Jan 26, '12, 11:41 pm

myau56 wrote:So CAGED WOLF is a woman of taste !

If that's what you want to call it! :D Amorphis is easily one of my favorite bands. I think I like them as I like the music, a nice blend of prog and power metal, and they also mix clean vocals with death growl quite successfully. I'm (generally) not a fan of excessive death/shriek vocals (though there are definitely exceptions, mainly with folk metal), but I love mixers like Amorphis. It's for this reason I'm also a fan of Opeth (first band I saw live), though I haven't been listening to them much since really using my last.fm account, lol.

myau56 wrote:Ah you are listening to Sabaton too ? I love them too ! Sweden mpower this time ;)

Yup! A friend of mine on another forum I post on (totally unrelated to Phantasy Star) encouraged me to listen to them, so I tried them via Spotify. I liked what I heard, enough that I may shell out some cash for an album or two.

myau56 wrote:I didn't know this last FM site and it's very interesting ! I'll visit it (I'm on it actually ;) ) more importantly later.

It's a neat site. It keeps a record of what you listen to, and then sends you free and legal mp3s based on what you listen to. Sort of a 'oh, you listened to this band and you applied this tag, so you should like this band! Here's a free sample!' Since it's based on user contributed tags is isn't perfect, but I've gotten some good free downloads from them. A lot of really underground or up and coming artists use last.fm to try and gain a starter audience too. It also creates a streaming radio out of your library, which is a neat feature...though I haven't used it much.

At this particular moment I'm listening to some Eluveitie (Swiss folk metal band) from Spotify. I'm taking advantage of a 30-day Spotify Premium trial, and I'm liking it. I may actually pay for the service ($10/month), considering I'll probably be getting a smartphone later this year, and you need premium to use Spotify on a smartphone.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Thu Jan 26, '12, 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby myau56 » Fri Jan 27, '12, 10:52 am

If that's what you want to call it! :D
Don't know if it's the right expression but I was helped by google translation in this case ! ;)
Like you, Amorphis is MY favourite band ! I can't stop listen to them. The mix between all you said is their greater force.
I'm (generally) not a fan of excessive death/shriek vocals (though there are definitely exceptions, mainly with folk metal), but I love mixers like Amorphis
. Exactly what I think but I'm sure you tell it much better tha me with my limitations in english language ! I learn too a lot of vocabulary so ...THANKS A LOT !!!

It's for this reason I'm also a fan of Opeth
Don't know them but I'll listen to

Yup! A friend of mine on another forum I post on (totally unrelated to Phantasy Star) encouraged me to listen to them, so I tried them via Spotify. I liked what I heard, enough that I may shell out some cash for an album or two.

myau56 wrote:I didn't know this last FM site and it's very interesting ! I'll visit it (I'm on it actually ;) ) more importantly later.

I didn't know this site but with your description, I think I'll create an account soon !Not perfect ? For me it doesn't matter before perfection is bad ! ;) Free downloads, all legals, based on what you like : great program. A bit like a site based on love meet but...for the music and someone who like it ! ^^

Streaming radio ? Could be effective if you are a lot on your computer (or another device).

At this particular moment I'm listening to some Eluveitie (Swiss folk metal band)
I know Eluveitie ! Switzerland isn't far from where I live (I visited it ...2 hours lol^^) : The Thousandfold music is so great !

Spotify is another sit I was completely unaware of its existence...me I'm just in need of a phone which I could use...to phone ! No need for a smartphone because I'm often at home (cf my numerous messages on this board ;) )
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jan 27, '12, 11:58 am

myau56 wrote:Spotify is another sit I was completely unaware of its existence...me I'm just in need of a phone which I could use...to phone ! No need for a smartphone because I'm often at home (cf my numerous messages on this board ;) )

You can use Spotify on a computer too (for free with limitations on how much you can stream), you just need premium if you want it on a smartphone; premium also eliminates streaming limitations. I think with a free account you can stream 10 hours a month. However, I'm not sure if it's available in France...

myau56 wrote:I didn't know this site but with your description, I think I'll create an account soon !Not perfect ? For me it doesn't matter before perfection is bad ! ;) Free downloads, all legals, based on what you like : great program. A bit like a site based on love meet but...for the music and someone who like it ! ^^

If you do send me a friend request. :)

Wolf Bird

PreviousNext

Return to Tootin' Tunes