What are you currently playing? Part 2

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: What are you currently playing? Part 2

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Apr 16, '15, 9:48 pm

I am currently playing Borderlands The Handsome Collection. Been doing a lot of DLC missions which are pretty awesome. Also been playing a lot of DC Universe Online on my PS4. I made a villain character and been having a lot of fun with it.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Solar » Fri Apr 17, '15, 1:45 pm

Pillars of Eternity. I'm "only" 37 hours in (and in Act 2) but I can say that this is like an Infinity Engine (Baldur's Gate, Torment, Icewind Dale) classic updated in to modern day.

The combat system is fun, very similar to the IE games but with one major addition that makes it much more tactical: attempting to move away from enemies who have engaged you in melee automatically triggers an attack from them. This prevents effective kiting and makes positioning very important. If you're familiar to the IE games, I recommend Hard difficulty for some challenge.

The lore is wonderfully fresh and the characters and the story are captivating. The amount of effort put in to the dialogue and how NPCs react to your character depending on your origin and actions is wonderful. The central plot point is that your character has somehow become "Awakened", meaning you see in to the souls of other people. Aside from being a key element in moving the plot forward, this ability is also used to simply provide the player with a lot of completely plot-irrelevant reading, if they wish: areas are filled with NPCs whose souls you can look in to (conveniently marked with a gilded name box) and find out about some event that has taken place in their life, described vibrantly in a few paragraphs. So far, looking in to the souls of such NPCs has been necessary to advance a quest. They simply provide atmosphere and demonstrate the amount of love put in to the making of this game.
Last edited by Solar on Fri Apr 17, '15, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby myau56 » Fri Apr 17, '15, 7:10 pm

Phoenix Wright Trilogy ! What a great serie :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby R-90-2 » Sat Apr 18, '15, 8:40 pm

Currently playing Ys: The Oath in Felghana. The record button has been pressed.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun May 31, '15, 2:02 pm

My signature says "a mish-mash of things." What is that mish-mash?

Evo: Search for Eden - little SNES platformer with a loose understanding of evolution at best, but it does make for some interesting gameplay mechanics.

Earthbound - I managed to resist a replay for a while, but finally gave in. If I have to express my thoughts on this game at this point, you haven't been paying attention (or maybe you're a newer member) and you haven't read any of the large number of posts saying I love this game to death and then some.

The Last of Us - I showed the intro to a friend and decided to just replay it. New game+ on normal on the Remastered version on PS4. I'm thinking of this run as my warm-up for Grounded mode, which is even harder than survivor. Another game I hope I don't have to express my thoughts on.

Beyond Good and Evil - trying to get back into this one after stopping it after I got my copy of the game above.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sun May 31, '15, 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Mon Jun 1, '15, 1:06 pm

cually : I'm on the superb Advance Wars serie ! All the episodes ! great serie :) Especially the last one, Dark Conflict : I was checking and the time counter tells me that I've played it already 115 hours ! :o
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Icecypher » Thu Jun 4, '15, 9:18 pm

Prince Rhys 83 wrote:But the final story mission as a Force sucks, when you fight Helga, her two huge guards can literally kill you in one combo if they both corner you, you have to keep moving.

This is where I am in Phantasy Star Portable. I loved being a Force and was advancing quite well as a Masterforce (level 7). But all the techniques take too long to cast. It may not seem too long, but against those two guards, that is all that is needed.

I am currently leveling up the ranger classes. I did a little better the second time. Simply being able to keep moving is a big help. But I ran into a corner and was killed again...

So I will do even more missions for now. :yes:
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 63

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Jul 11, '15, 6:25 pm

I just started playing the HD remaster of the second Ratchet & Clank game on my PS3. After Okami and Shadow of the Colossus, the R&C games were my favorite games on the PS2. Fun, funny, well-designed, likable characters, and an interesting universe all come together to make these games some of the greatest on the PS2. The second game did make some slight gameplay changes from the original - the best one is the addition of strafing, which is extremely helpful in combat. It also now pauses when you access your weapon quick select, which is helpful, but you do have the option to turn that off. That said, I think of the original trilogy on PS2 (yes, I'm leaving out Deadlocked), the second game has the weakest story.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby Darkil » Sun Jul 12, '15, 3:46 am

I am presently bouncing between Elder Scrolls Online, Far Cry 3, Subnautica and Solarix. This is substantially smaller than the list I was playing 4 months ago :o
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Jul 12, '15, 6:19 am

I played through Far Cry 3 earlier this year. I don't know how far in you are, but it's a really awesome game and well worth playing through to the end. At least so far, it is in my top 5 (new to me) games I've played/finished this year.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sun Jul 12, '15, 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf Bird

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming