Dancing With The Stars

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Re: Dancing With The Stars

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Sep 12, '16, 11:05 pm

The new season of "Dancing With The Stars" begins tonight on ABC at 8 p.m. Look here to see who the new celebrity stars are that will be appearing on the show:

http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-th ... ent-083016

Should be a lot of controversy with Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte there. Maks is back and so are some of the other Pro dancers who have not been around for while. Should be a good show!

I'll know better after tonight as to who I will be rooting for to win it this year. More later!

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Sep 29, '16, 10:33 pm

First elimination on "DWTS" last night and some young guy named Jake (?) was eliminated and sent home! I still can not believe Rick Perry did not get eliminated. His dancing is awful, however, he does have a great sense of humor about the whole thing. This is really the first chance I am getting to know him as I didn't follow him too much as a politician.

Looking forward to more dancing next week!

Update: 9/29/2016 = Well, former Texas Governor, Rick Perry, was the star eliminated from the competition on this week's Tuesday night show. No major surprise as the former Governor gave it his best shot but still was not as good as the other contestants on the show, in my opinion. He has a fun sense of humor though and even made friends with Vanilla Ice and others in the troupe. He will still be learning to dance more so he can dance with his daughter at her wedding, he says. Awwwwwwwwwww!
Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Thu Sep 29, '16, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Mar 1, '17, 1:13 am

Yikes, I forgot about this thread and forgot to tell who won last season's DWTS. The winner was Olympic champion Laurie Hernadez (sp?) and her partner Val Chermosky (sp?).
Congrats to both of them.

And, now, it is almost time for a new season of Dancing With The Stars. The contestants or "stars" for this season's upcoming show will be announced tomorrow morning (Wednesday, March 1, 2017) on the Good Morning America Show, along with their dance partners. Lots of rumors going around about who may be on the show but tomorrow morning we will find out for certain who will be on the show this time. One interesting rumor I read is that actor and former Wrestler, Mr. T from "The A Team" and "Rocky 3" may be on the show this year. :clap:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby myau56 » Wed Mar 1, '17, 10:27 am

Happy new season of Dancing With The Stars ! Last year, I've watched for the first time the french version ! That was good and I think we'll watch again ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Mar 1, '17, 6:32 pm

Oh that is so neat that they have a French version of DWTS! Yay! Hope you enjoy the show.

Well, the stars have been announced and I do not know very many of them so find out more about them at the link below. Mr. T is going to be on the show, and will probably be who I will be rooting for to win it. Mr. T may have some good moves being an actor and a former wrestler. There are the usual Olympians and athletes, and a few other stars. Go Mr. T!!!!!!!!!!!! First episode will be shown on March 20, I believe, which is probably a Monday night.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/%e2%80 ... cid=AARDHP

Silver_Surfer1

Postby myau56 » Thu Mar 2, '17, 12:27 pm

Ah ! The first season was at the end of the year 2011 but I've never watched before.. just the last one ! :)
And the name of the emission is : ..."Danse avec les Stars", so it's the exact translation in french ! ;)
Ah MR T ? I know him ! Hope he will win too ! ;)
Last edited by myau56 on Thu Mar 2, '17, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Mar 3, '17, 4:12 pm

myau56 wrote:Ah ! The first season was at the end of the year 2011 but I've never watched before.. just the last one ! :)
And the name of the emission is : ..."Danse avec les Stars", so it's the exact translation in french ! ;)
Ah MR T ? I know him ! Hope he will win too ! ;)

Who are the Judges on the French "Dancing With The Stars"? Some of the Judges on the American "DWTS" are also Judges on programs in other countries, but I am not sure where.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby myau56 » Sat Mar 4, '17, 10:41 am

Ah the judges are as follows (not sure that you know them ! But maybe some ;)) :
- Jean-Marc Généreux : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Marc_G%C3%A9 ... %C3%A9reux
- Fauve Hautot : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fauve_Hautot
- Marie-Claude Pietragalla: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie-Claude_Pietragalla
- Chris Marques : No link in english for him but I doubt you know him ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Mar 5, '17, 11:23 pm

Aw, okay, I do not recognize any of those French Judges. The American Judge Len Goodman and Bruno (don't know his last name) are also Judges somewhere else, maybe Britain, or somewhere. I can't remember offhand.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby myau56 » Mon Mar 6, '17, 12:19 pm

I was sure that you didn't know any of them ! lol But it's the same for me : I've watched the name of the judges in the american program and that was the same ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

PreviousNext

Return to Tubular Television