What are you listening to?

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Postby Thoul » Mon Sep 8, '08, 8:16 pm

"Shadow of the Past," from Fellowship of the Ring. Just a random thing on my playlist. That movie had some nice music.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Oct 7, '08, 5:06 pm

Recently found the Earthbound soundtrack online, so I've been listening to that...this game has now fallen under my list of games with outstanding music. The entire soundtrack, for the most part is quite good, but two things in particular really stand out in Earthbound's soundtrack. After you beat the main baddie, you can still wander around the world and talk to people, and the music for that is a modified version of the Fourside theme that is absolutely beautiful, relaxing and peaceful. But what sticks out beyond even that is the Earth's Melody (or the Sound Stone melody). That little 30-second long tune may be the finest piece of game music I've ever heard.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Jan 12, '09, 4:47 pm

Got lots of new music over the Christmas break, and I'm currently listening to a lot of stuff as I'm still filling up my 4-gig mp3 player. One of those new things I got his Edenbridge...reminds me a bit of Within Temptation (female lead singer). I enjoy it.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby pitohui » Mon Jan 12, '09, 5:06 pm

I'm a huge fan of Ayano Tsuji, a sweet ukelele player from Kyoto. Her voice is beautiful, and I'm known to be a bit of a glasses fetishist, so that's certainly sweetening the deal. A couple of her more recent songs that I'm enjoying are ありえないくらい奇跡 ("A more-or-less impossible miracle") and Sweet Happy Birthday.

I saw her play a concert right here in Nagoya, and she was wonderful. Nagoya has a bit of a reputation as an unpopular city in Japan, so it's always nice when the larger acts decide to come here.

My girlfriend is a big fan of Mr. Children, so I asked her to lend me their newest album. Haven't listened to it yet, though! That's my project for the next week.
Last edited by pitohui on Mon Jan 12, '09, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pitohui
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 14

Postby Lemina » Mon Jan 12, '09, 5:07 pm

I'll have to check EdenBridge out--I really like Within Temptation's music, so yeah.
Right now, I'm listening to the one of the many "Dear you's" from Higurashi no naku koro ni (When They Cry).

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Srijita » Mon Feb 2, '09, 7:30 pm

Just now, I'm listening to the Flower Duet from the opera Lakmé by Léo Delibes. Unfortunately, it's become white noise from over-use in the British Airways advertisements, but I still find it soothes my frayed nerves.

Edit: Font size reduced
Last edited by Srijita on Tue Apr 14, '09, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Lucas » Sat Feb 14, '09, 11:18 am

Recently been listening to more Disturbed (who would have guessed :p ) Yeah been listening Facade by them I really like it, I think it's a good song almost as good as The Night and Crimminal.
Last edited by Lucas on Sat Feb 14, '09, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Lucas » Sat Feb 14, '09, 11:18 am

Recently been listening to more Disturbed (who would have guessed :p ) Yeah been listening Facade by them I really like it, I think it's a good song almost as good as The Night and Crimminal.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Lucas » Sat Feb 14, '09, 11:22 am

Sorry for the double post I think my computer is playing up again it clones lots of my messages it did the same thing on gamefaqs a few weeks back and in the shout box on this site. :blank: I dunno why

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Feb 20, '09, 3:26 am

Lucas wrote:Recently been listening to more Disturbed

I have been too...because I'm going to be seeing them (along with Lacuna Coil and 5-6 other bands) in April, right here in Erie! It's only going to be a few weeks before I graduate, I could not ask for something more awesome right before I leave college! I'm going with a friend from choir and I've already got the ticket! :D

Wolf Bird

PreviousNext

Return to Tootin' Tunes