Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, '14, 3:30 pm 
Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/15/happy ... a-genesis/

The Sega Genesis is now 25 years old. Here's an article recapping some of the great games that the system had, including Phantasy Star 2.

Did you ever have a Sega Genesis? and any of the add-ons like the Sega CD? What were some of your favorite Genesis games from back in the day?

There were so many for me. I have to think for a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, '14, 2:00 am 
Wow, it doesn't seem that long, but Happy 25th year Sega Genesis!! :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, '14, 2:36 am 
Seriously, I can't believe time is flying by that fast. I think the Genesis is a great system, I just picked one up a couple months ago at a garage sale and was seriously stoked about it. I have to admit I never had as many games for it as I did on other systems, I was pretty much forced to give it away when I was a kid, but I loved it. Sonic is always great, and I really like the Genesis's sound chip, makes for some very tough, bass-heavy music.

I do wish I could find the Phantasy Star games on the cheap, I have them on Virtual Console, but it's not quite the same.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, '14, 5:23 am 
I still have the Genesis I had as a kid. Works great overall, though it seems the stereo input is shot. It's currently plugged in upstairs in our bedroom. So many great memories.

And so glad I kept that Crusader of Centy cartridge! Still have the PSIV cart as well.

Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sun Aug 17, '14, 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, '14, 12:30 pm 
Still have my Type 1 Genesis, and the thing still works. Never got any of the addons, though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, '14, 2:35 pm 
I don't have my Genesis anymore, but I had a type 1 and a type 2 back in the day, along with a Sega CD add on.

I spent a lot of time with Ghouls N Ghosts, General Chaos, ToeJam & Earl, Phantasy Star 2,3 and 4. The Shining Force games, Shining in the Darkness, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, and the Monster World games. I mainly had a Sega CD for Final Fight CD and the Lunar games.

Lots of great memories.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, '14, 4:12 pm 
My first true console and love of my life <3

"I" had an Intellivision 2 and an Atari 2600 prior to that but those were handouts from my older brother who had received them from other people. My friends all had a NES and eventually a SNES while my father insisted that his money would never been spent on video games so at the age of 16, I worked all summer long to buy me my own my Sega Genesis which I loved and loved and loved more until it broke (careless cartridge insertion by a cousin destroyed the reader contacts).

Many years later, I now own two Type 1 Genesis consoles, one which is always proudly displayed on my TV shelf along with its SegaCD add-on, the other safe in my treasure chest. I have about 25 complete (box+manual) games which include PS II-III-IV, Shining in the Darkness, Shining Force 1-2. Sword of Vermillion, Sonic 1-2-3, Space Harrier 2, Moon Walker, Altered Beast and a few more classics.

Happy anniversary, my love <3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, '14, 12:09 am 
Ah, the first console I really ever fell in love with...so to speak! <3

My first true console was the NES, but it was the Genesis that really helped build me into a gamer. I spent hours playing games like Sonic (1, 2, 3, Knuckles), Aladdin, Castle of Illusion, World of Illusion, Super Battleship, Mortal Kombat, Virtua Racing, and others.

I still have my version 1 Genesis, and it works perfectly! Such a wonderful machine that will stay a part of my entertainment system. Period.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, '17, 12:27 pm 
I sstill have my Genesis (Megadrive here !) : what a wonderful machine it was ! :clap:

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]