Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dragon Spirit
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, '12, 6:36 am 
A little gem from Namco. I have the arcade version of this game on Namco Museum 50th Anniversary for the Gamecube, and I also have it for the NES and TurboGrafx-16. It is AWESOME. Such a fun fantasy-themed vertically scrolling shooter as well as a very hard one.

Post subject: Re: Dragon Spirit
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, '12, 10:36 am 
A very interesting looking game. I've never played it before but I wouldn't mind giving this one a try. Some of those levels and monsters look quite challenging. It looks like fun!! Thanks for sharing MrKite.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, '12, 2:37 pm 
I love Dragon Spirit! It was one of the first games I got on the NES as a kid, and I still haven't beaten it. I picked it back up a couple years ago, and made an effort at it, but I never quite beat it. I definitely think it's one of the more unique shooters out there, in terms of atmosphere, and the music is fantastic.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, '12, 9:44 pm 
I love it too ! I've just tested it a few minutes but a very good game :) Sure, the music is really excellent !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, '12, 10:35 pm 
I don't recall ever hearing of this one before. I bet it was a real breath of fresh air back in the day, when shooters like this were mostly war or sci-fi games. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the GameCube version. I'd like to try it sometime. It looks really good.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, '12, 3:12 am 
Thoul wrote:I don't recall ever hearing of this one before. I bet it was a real breath of fresh air back in the day, when shooters like this were mostly war or sci-fi games. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the GameCube version. I'd like to try it sometime. It looks really good.

The TurboGrafx-16 version is on the Wii Virtual Console.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, '12, 9:47 am 
Oh? Hmm. I wonder if I still have some Wii Points on my console. I haven't had it out for quite a while now. I may have to check into that. Thanks for the tip. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, '12, 4:19 pm 
Wii points ? What's that ? ..lol I haven't play the WII for a very very long time indeed...:(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, '12, 11:22 pm 
Thoul wrote:Oh? Hmm. I wonder if I still have some Wii Points on my console. I haven't had it out for quite a while now. I may have to check into that. Thanks for the tip. :)

Anytime! :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, '12, 1:26 am 
My brother has Namco Museum Essentials for PS3 and I'm pretty sure this game is on it. If so, I'll definitely give it a try.

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]