Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 8, '08, 4:39 pm 
Rune is the 5th generation of Lutz. So, between the first and the last generation there were only 3 Lutz. Even if they all leaved for 100 years (witch I doubt) they couldn't possible choose anyone they knew or anyone next to him. That's why “telepathy ball” was created... to not waste Lutz memories into too many persons/memories. What would be the point to choose Rune if Kyra would leave longer and could train longer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 9, '08, 9:17 pm 
Good points. They could have just waited a few years and picked Kyra instead of Rune. I doubt Kyra would have been ready to face Dark Force, though. Rune had been training for years. If Kyra had also become Lutz at 15, she would have only had a year or two to train.

Post subject: Re: Kyra - Lutz to be?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, '10, 12:09 pm 
One of the fanfics that dealt with this idea was "Child of Darkness", an epic-length PSIV fanfic that I read back in 2000. If Rune really was only around 20 years old in the events of PSIV, then it wouldn't make very much sense for him to so quickly name Kyra to be his successor after that story, which is set a couple of years after PSIV. That would imply that he'd spend several entire decades as a hermit, which is kind of odd to imagine for someone so young.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, '10, 3:31 pm 
Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Haahahahaha!!

Haaaahaaaahaa...

No.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 5, '12, 8:24 am 
As one of you mentioned earlier, Kyra is the only one that fought the Dark Force.
And possibly the Profound Darkness as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 6, '12, 11:12 am 
Agree with Neithird : Kyra didn't know any types of magic so...impossible for her to become the "next generation" Lutz...but maybe she can try to "learn" it ? But I don't think it's possible as, if I'm not mistaken, Magic is in the genes ?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, '12, 9:29 am 
Neithird wrote:All of the espers use magic, I think. That's what makes them espers. That alone wouldn't qualify Kyra for being Lutz.

Doesn't Kyra use some of the same magic that Rune uses?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, '12, 10:14 am 
You're right as she can use Flaeli !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, '12, 10:53 am 
She uses Hewn as well, but also has some unique magic that Rune doesn't learn. Bindwa was one of those, if I remember right. And likewise, Rune has magic Kyra doesn't. But that could just be due to differences in training. I imagine Rune would have had more hands-on combat experience that Kyra, thanks to his time adventuring alongside Alys.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, '12, 12:46 pm 
Flaeli, Hewn...I have forgotten about Bindwa ! As it's a magic I didn't really use it...
Yes, differences in training and age :) Different masters maybe, or abilities ?

Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2